If you won the Powerball...

Options
13»

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I'd be really surprised since I don't buy tickets.

But, if it did happen, I'd buy Gypsy Vanner, Friesian and Andalusian horses (one of each) and hire a full time trainer/groom for them. Oh, and an indoor riding arena would be nice too.
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    If I won the first thing I would do is give a huge chunk to the church --divided amongst several congregations my family has been part of, with the stipulation that the money go to support missionaries and help the needy in the area with food, utility bills and such.

Secondly, I would buy a chunk of land and build three houses: One for my brother, one for my mom, and a larger, J proof home for my husband, son and myself. While the houses were being built i would search for loving people to provide respite, and also care for J. Then I'd send my mom on trip to Hawaii, to Graceland, and finally to Washington state so she can see family again. Hubby and I would run off to Puerto Rico for a few weeks.

I would pay off all our bills, set up a trust fund for J to be taken care of all his life (he has severe autism) and I would work toward building a home specifically for children/adults with autism and oversee the staffing of it. There is not enough care facilities in my area and I know my family is not the only one stressed to the max.

Finally, I would have the surgeries I need (health related), talk my mother in law's land lady into selling or pay her rent and utilities for twenty years, and let my husband decide if he wanted to continue working or retire to work on his non GMO farm that he's wanted for so long. And I would write the books that are in my head knowing my family is finally taken care of. I need this. Too bad I dont ever buy the tickets.:smile:
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Glad this thread is still going! I thought if you got all the numbers but the powerball you still got a million?

We bought five tickets...not one number :grumble:
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I would pay off my friend Liz's house for her, then pay off my husband's student loans. We're debt free, so there are no bills to pay.

Then go on a two week vacation to Walt Disney World with my husband, kids, Liz, my grandkids, all staying at Fort Wilderness resort at WDW and enjoying the heck out of it all.

While there, I would want to renew our vows and watch lots of fireworks.

Next would be setting aside money for my abdominoplasty and boob job.

Ah. That would be nice. Too bad I don't gamble.
  • debbylee_maxine
    debbylee_maxine Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Man, I would hike the entire Appalachian trail. Yes. Yes that is what I'd do with a lotto winning. XD
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478
    Options
    Pay bills
    Pay debt
    New house where each of my kids have their own rooms
    New waredrobe for everyone
    Get a dog
    Go to Disneyland
    Tummy tuck
    Adopt an older kid
    Donate to shelters
    Get a new car
    Put some money away for my kids
    Go to Ireland
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    Go to Ireland

I'd probably buy a second house in Ireland. That's on my list too.
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    probably donate a bit, share a good chunk with my family so my mom can finally retire in peace.
    take an extremely luxurious vacation, buy a few pets including a pig or something.
    hire a personal chef and a trainer.

take a year off, but after that probably go back to part time work. i would go crazy not doing anything with my life.
  • mommylifter
    mommylifter Posts: 123
    Options
    Get a divorce
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    Get a divorce

Winner of most honest answer lol
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    A year-round reservation at the Grand Floridian Resort in Walt Disney World.
  • debbylee_maxine
    debbylee_maxine Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    We were actually talking about this last night and so I've revised my answer.

-Hike the Appalachian Trail. I want to hike the trail so badly but it would seriously be like, a 6 month long camping trip. XD
    -Finalize my divorce. I don't have the money to do it, and the awful waste of space spouse refused to do it.
    -Pay the Taxes and shove the rest into a savings account. I could live comfortably for the rest of my life on the interest on that alone.

But seriously. The Appalachians....