bathing suit wearable?

Options
I have lost 30 pounds. I am wanting to lose about 20 more. I am going to the beach this weekend and got a new bathing suit today. Is this too scary to wear in public? honest answers please

33ytn3k.jpg

Replies

• jstefanir
    jstefanir Posts: 17
    Options
    Go ahead and wear it if it motivates u to work harder. However, if it just knocks down ur self esteem, leave it at home and use it as your prized posession when you reach your goal:)
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I like the top but I prefer boy shorts or skirts on the bottom.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I like the top but I prefer boy shorts or skirts on the bottom.

yes
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I think you should wear it. It looks good on you, and bikinis shouldn't be reserved to women with perfect bodies.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Cherio ...Congrats are the weight you'v lost to date! You are doing amazing.

As for this suit, at this time I think the top is fine, I believe the bottoms are too small.
  • bigcrystal123
    bigcrystal123 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You look good in it.if you feel comfortable in it wear it.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I like the top best..
    Do whatever your going to be most comfortable in though !!
    And have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your pretty and young so go have a great time!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I think if you feel good in it and will be comfortable wearing it at the beach go for it. Honestly that's what's most important.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    you look all awesome!!! Have so much fun at the beach in your sexy suit:heart:
  • hrhboo
    hrhboo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your awesome loss! You're doing amazing. With regards to the swimsuit, it looks okay and you should wear it if you feel good in it! Having said that, the top is a little on the short side. The bottoms would look better if they were a size up, and you can always keep these ones until you hit your goal (which I'm sure you will very soon!)
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 30 pounds!! :) I think the top looks great but the bottom is a little small..if I were you, I would maybe wear a sarong..or get the bottom a little bigger..but if you are comfy wear whatever you like and be confident! :flowerforyou:
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Agree with those saying the top is ok but the bottoms are too small.
    I think shorts would look better with a top like that anyway.
  • cherio256
    cherio256 Posts: 219
    Options
    Thanks everybody. Its hard to see how you look till you get home and take pics :) I would have normally gotten shorts or skirt bottom but my husband demanded I get smaller bottoms this time. The bottoms looked fine pulled up higher in the waist except for it making fat on my lower stomach stick out so I pulled the bottoms down some to cover that and it gave me huge love handles lol.
  • hrhboo
    hrhboo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody. Its hard to see how you look till you get home and take pics :) I would have normally gotten shorts or skirt bottom but my husband demanded I get smaller bottoms this time. The bottoms looked fine pulled up higher in the waist except for it making fat on my lower stomach stick out so I pulled the bottoms down some to cover that and it gave me huge love handles lol.

Bottoms with side ties are really hard to wear for most people! They always cut into the soft fleshy bits around my hips. I try to go for ones with a wide band at the sides, they're usually more comfortable and flattering for me.
  • Nickolas919
    Nickolas919 Posts: 52
    Options
    Real Women Have Curves!
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I think you should wear it. It looks good on you, and bikinis shouldn't be reserved to women with perfect bodies.
    Sorry, but I respectfully disagree. I think you'd look better in a one piece. Enjoy your trip!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Real Women Have Curves!

This is one quote that makes me sooooo mad...

Without violating the forum's rules, I will just politely ask you and everyone else who believes this nonsense to please stop the skinny bashing, and remember that "real women" have 2 X chromosomes, no matter what shape they happen to be!!!!!!!!!!!

And to the OP: I agree that the top is awesome, but I am hesitant about the bottom at this time. On the other hand, that's just me. If YOU are comfortable wearing it, then you should definitely wear it. If you are confident wearing it, that's what will show thorugh. If you are not confident, then people will start to see what you think they are seeing...if you know what I mean. Non-confidence helps people see flaws that they wouldn't normally see!
  • cherio256
    cherio256 Posts: 219
    Options
    I appreciate all the honest answers. I'm going to get more bottoms one size up and see if that helps. I know when you wear stuff too small it really makes you look bigger
  • obeseandsassy
    obeseandsassy Posts: 118
    Options
    Real Women Have Curves!

can this stupid quote just die in a fire already SERIOUSLY. A 'real woman' is one who identifies herself as such. ARGHHHH.
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    That's easy. If YOU feel comfortable--wear it. If YOU don't feel comfortable then don't wear it. Great job!