bathing suit wearable?

Options

Replies

• redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Real Women Have Curves!

So much this.

Personally, I like a snug boy short because they manage to make a less than magazine cover @ss look good! I find them to be forgiving and flattering all at the same time.

That being said, wear what YOU like!
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    rock that suit!!!
  • babydiego87
    Options
    Real Women Have Curves!

So much this.

Personally, I like a snug boy short because they manage to make a less than magazine cover @ss look good! I find them to be forgiving and flattering all at the same time.

please stop with this 'real women' crap. there are 'real' women who do not have curves i.e. do not have much of a body shape like keira knightly and who are naturally that way. to infer that they are not 'real women' is extremely rude and short sighted.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I am being 100% honest when I say I think it looks fine and you should wear it. It's your body and you're looking good. No one else has a right to judge you for it. That's just my opinion though!
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Darling, you have lost 30 pounds and that is amazing, and I think you look fabulous! Confidence is key - if you can rock it, then rock it! But if you feel self concious, I'd say to ditch it and wait a little longer until you feel as good as you look. I don't think your bottoms are too small at all, but I do believe that perhaps a different cut would look better on you - perhaps a scoop bottom, not a string? Even the skinniest of us get a muffin top with a string bikini! Keep going girl, you are amazing!
  • PeanutButterLuver
    Options
    Congrats on your weight lost! You are beautiful :)

The bikini... I'm going to say no. It is too small. The top is riding up your back and the bottoms too tight. I really think you could rock a one piece.
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Options
    Real Women Have Curves!

And the prize for the most pointless contribution to this thread goes to the above quote. Great work....sighs....
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Looks fine to me. It's the beach. People are practically naked no matter what. What difference does a couple of extra inches of skin make between the tankini and a one piece? If only perfect people showed skin, the beach would be pretty lonely.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Cheerio, It is all up to you!! You certainly don't look bad in it and it will motivate you to keep losing!! WEAR IT
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Cherio ...Congrats are the weight you'v lost to date! You are doing amazing.

As for this suit, at this time I think the top is fine, I believe the bottoms are too small.

^This. The top looks FANTASTIC in my opinion! The bottoms seem a bit snug. A size bigger on the bottoms or maybe a different cut would be more flattering. But still, I think that you look fine! It's totally okay to wear in public, if you ask me! If you feel comfortable in it, rock it out, girl!
  • babydiego87
    Options
    Congrats on your weight lost! You are beautiful :)

The bikini... I'm going to say no. It is too small. The top is riding up your back and the bottoms too tight. I really think you could rock a one piece.
    i think the OP looks nice but you can get really really cute one pieces. ive just been on vacation and my friend brought along the cutest one pieces - one with a tiger print on, and the other with a floral design and little flowey skirt. so cute
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Real Women Have Curves!

So much this.

please stop with this 'real women' crap. there are 'real' women who do not have curves i.e. do not have much of a body shape like keira knightly and who are naturally that way. to infer that they are not 'real women' is extremely rude and short sighted.

Absolutely agree, and I am a curvy woman. I hate that phrase. Real women come in ALL shapes and sizes... period.
  • GnomeQueen84
    GnomeQueen84 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The top looks fine, but I would give it about 10 more lbs before you wore the bottom. How you feel in it is what matters though.
  • GnomeQueen84
    GnomeQueen84 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Real Women Have Curves!

And the prize for the most pointless contribution to this thread goes to the above quote. Great work....sighs....

Yes
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    ahhhhhh no...sorry..cute but...:)
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    The cut of the tankini top is great. The pattern isn't great, because the yellow x makes it look like your tummy is much wider than it actually is. I also think that going up a size in bottoms and/or looking at a boycut leg would be a good idea.

For the people suggesting a 1-piece, some of us pear-shaped women have a terrible time finding them to fit both the top and lower parts of the torso while still fitting. It's either too big on top or too small on the bottom.

If you're happy, wear the bathing suit :) It's your happiness that counts. Congratulations on losing 30lbs - it looks great on you. Your skin is glowing.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I agree that the bottoms are on the small side. I have horrible love handles and also tend to have issues with bottoms. =/ If I want them to stay up they squish my love handles.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    For the people suggesting a 1-piece, some of us pear-shaped women have a terrible time finding them to fit both the top and lower parts of the torso while still fitting. It's either too big on top or too small on the bottom.

I can attest to this!

Before I lost the majority of my fat...and before my boobs were enhanced...I was a definite pear and had serious issues with buying a one-piece or even a dress. I had to wear tops with skirts because the tops were always smaller. Finding something that fit the bottom half left extra loose material on top every time for me. I think the only one piece bathing suits that I ever wore when I was a pear shape were made by Speedo because of the way they are cut. But, unless you find those on sale, they are quite pricey when all you wanna do is have a weekend at the beach.
  • liliawodna
    liliawodna Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love the top and think it looks fabulous on you! That is my honest opinion. I agree that maybe one size up for the bottoms but they make your legs look super long! You look incredible!
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    Real Women Have Curves!
    When did curves = fat? To me curvy was people with Rachel Bilson type bodies. However now people always refer bigger women to having curves.