I've lost 19 pounds.. Apparently.

Options
13»

Replies

• anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You aren't alone, I've lost 42lbs so far & while my pants are all too big, I fit better into some tops & others are huge on me, I still can't see it in the mirror. But I still have about another 100lbs to go. I noticed it best when I do side by side comparison pics (doing them every 3mths or so) & in my measurements which I do monthly.

This whole losing weight & getting healthy thing is a HUGE mental game. I don't know how long it will take for me to look in the mirror & actually see it but I am excited for that day to come. Hang in there, you will see it too.
  • angserino
    angserino Posts: 59
    Options
    I'm not sure if I am glad that I'm not the only one who feels this way or to be worried that I may not ever look less than fat in my eyes. Some of you have lost a bunch and still see yourselves fat. Sounds like there is no hope for me. I have lost 19lbs and 21.5 inches in 6 months. I can see some changes in my and am looking a little better in my clothes, but like most of you, I still look like I did before starting. I try to keep reminding myself that I am the healthiest I have ever been and that in itself is so worth all the hard work!
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I meant to say as well, that size loss seemed to speed up in relation to weight loss for me. It took a lot of weight loss to lose the first couple of dress sizes, but I'm still going down dress sizes even though weight loss is really slow. I seem to need to lose less pounds per dress size the smaller I get!

If you started in plus sizes, there's a reason for that - clothes are cut with smaller differences between the sizes at the lower end of the size range.

That's interesting! I didn't know that! Yes, I started in plus sizes and am now in average sizes.
  • 7L551
    7L551 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You are doing great, trust me.
    You should not get these bad ideas into your brain.
    If the weight scale says you lose 19 lbs, You did!

And you should believe in yourself, you might not see a big difference yourself, but trust me others do.
    Also don't forget you will lose more everyday, your body is not automated to having a high metabolism.

I worked out on Thursday and till today everyday I am still losing 0.3 - 0.5 kg daily.

In the end you have to remember, the journey of 100 miles starts with one step :D
    Stay motivated always and never feel down
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    You are doing great, trust me.
    You should not get these bad ideas into your brain.
    If the weight scale says you lose 19 lbs, You did!

And you should believe in yourself, you might not see a big difference yourself, but trust me others do.
    Also don't forget you will lose more everyday, your body is not automated to having a high metabolism.

I worked out on Thursday and till today everyday I am still losing 0.3 - 0.5 kg daily.

In the end you have to remember, the journey of 100 miles starts with one step :D
    Stay motivated always and never feel down

Thanks man :) kind words!