40+ and building a community of support!

Options

Replies

• GrendlStig
    GrendlStig Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'll be 45 next month! Have some pounds to go, but want to get there and maintain. I know the MFP tools and community will help me succeed. Feel free to add me!
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Just turned 41 here. This site has been a great tool to help me achieve my goals. I'm almost at my weight goal but still working towards my BF% to lower it a bit more. I log in daily, read every one's updates (although I don't always comment on them, I do read them and get inspiration from them every day) and go through the forums to read some success stories, and answer some posts. Anyone can feel free to add me if they'd like. Friends are always welcome!
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I turned 43 on Jan 5 and began using MFP on Jan 7. As of today I have lost 26 lbs utilizing MFP and really no exercise but I am so much more conscious of what I eat and drink with the help of MFP. I know I need to exercise and can build into my evenings in front of the tv with my son using bar bells and wii.
  • msluvaqtpie
    msluvaqtpie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I'm 48 and need all the support I can get. Looking forward to meeting and getting to :smile: know everyone!!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    43 and determined to do it right this time .I Iog everyday and have for over a year :) All friends welcome.
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I am 54 and have been on MPF for a while. I have actually lost about 15 pounds total. I just took some time off during the holidays. :laugh:
  • melismoon
    melismoon Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 40 and love MFP. I have had so much success tracking my food and exercise. I have lost 14 and have 12 left to go. Loosing weight at this age is such a challenge, but I want to get it off cause it will just get harder. I am having knee problems and can't work out like I used to :-( I am looking at having surgery over the summer so hopefully I can get back to exercising hard core, but for now it is just slow easy exercises for me which is frustrating! Please add me to the list.
  • NirvaniTeasley
    NirvaniTeasley Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a 40+ group...please add if you are a regular and need support as I do!
  • hollyj365
    hollyj365 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! I am 47, a mother of 2 grown children and a grandmother of 3 beautiful grandchildren (but don't we all say that, lol). I just joined this site a couple of days ago and would definitely like to join this group too but not quite sure how to add people. I am 5'4" and 235 pounds, would like to lose about 110 eventually but would take what I can get.
  • summerhaze71
    summerhaze71 Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me too! I am 41 years old and have 60 lbs to lose. My current weight is 190 ish and I want to get back down to 130. I like the idea of setting a small ten lbs goal and working from there. Doesn't seem so overwhelming that way!! I think I will do that as well!!! Appreciate the tip!
  • maecrocker
    maecrocker Posts: 56
    Options
    Wow lots of us! Let the support begin. Melismoon keep on going and your recovery will be so much easier after the surgery. I can't wait to get to know everybody. Although I have to admit that my binge eating has been overtaken by my binge reading and replying on MFP. I feel the need to start setting daily goals for myself at this time. It is almost 6:30AM and I have been up for 45 min (small dog -- small bladder). Almost finished my first cup of coffee for the day which is filled with WAY to many meetings today. My plan is to go put on some work out clothes, pop in Zumba dvd (60 min) and get started. I normally snack on hershey's almond kisses all day but last night I packed up an apple, some blueberries and cottage cheese, a yogurt, and a 32 ounce water bottle with blueberries in it. I usually have a strawberry, banana, almond milk smoothie for breakfast after my workout. Haven't even thought about dinner -- have to get better at preplanning. Also, someone posted a great Quinoa recipe. Have to find that and buy myself a rice cooker. Even though I slipped up a lot last week, my focus is eating healthier this week. I need to get my calories up a bit but finding it difficult to do only eating healthy foods. I am also worried about the Memorial Day weekend this weekend. Going away with a lot of people and they all love to eat and drink. I am going to have to dig DEEP to find some willpower!
  • WhaddoWino
    WhaddoWino Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    YES! I am 42 and have lost 10 pounds since January on MFP. More importantly, I am getting strong-- fitter than I have been in decades. I am a runner and I started heavy lifting a few weeks ago. I would love to have more 40+ friends. Please add me! :flowerforyou:
  • Karenannmo
    Karenannmo Posts: 118
    Options
    I'm 51 and would love to be added to this community. Please add me :happy:
  • georgygirl
    georgygirl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Please add me I'm 51 and started back on this site today
  • cljhruss
    cljhruss Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in - not really sure how to necessarily "join". I have really struggled over the last few months. I had lost 25 pounds previously but have allowed my weight to creep up again to where I have gained 20 pds back over the winter. This is my restart day :-)
  • Elvisfan4life
    Elvisfan4life Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in - not really sure how to necessarily "join". I have really struggled over the last few months. I had lost 25 pounds previously but have allowed my weight to creep up again to where I have gained 20 pds back over the winter. This is my restart day :-)

Tht sounds just like me I have just started too....long way to go
  • DMicheleC
    DMicheleC Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi you can add me, I'm 45 and only just joined this site last week. I need the support and motivation to keep going and I am happy to support and motivate others too.
  • maecrocker
    maecrocker Posts: 56
    Options
    you are not alone cljhruss. I lost 30 and after December to mid april creeped up and gained 15 of it back. Once I do this AGAIN I need to find a way to maintain. I start to think, Oh I'm good, I can eat that. Turns out I was so wrong. We got this.
  • Lilylee757
    Lilylee757 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Been on and off here lately. More off recently but have come back swinging as of last week. Anyone can friend me, I need all the support I can get.
  • _Moose51_
    _Moose51_ Posts: 86
    Options
    I would like in, I have been doing this for a year and half but just starting over.