40+ and building a community of support!

Options

Replies

• valchemist
    valchemist Posts: 28
    Options
    I hope someone knows how to "add" all these people to a group! lots of us. I am new at this and have never posted on the boards.

I am 42 and started a few months ago. Goal was to drop about 10 pounds and, most importantly, firm up... gain muscle and lose flab. I have lost about 3 or 4 pounds so far.
  • selli2345
    selli2345 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I'm 48 and started tracking about a week and a half ago, after I lost my first 5 lbs of water....Would love to join the community.
  • dbm037
    dbm037 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    48 and loving it! Feel free to add me. I log my food everyday!
  • kevinpruitt
    kevinpruitt Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    41 and a lot of weight to lose. Would very much like to be a part of a supportive group, anyone can add me.
  • robinsrav
    robinsrav Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi. I'm 46 and need to lose a lot of weight. I would love to be part of this group. Please feel free to add me so we can help eachother
  • buttonhole50
    Options
    Hi All, I'm 49 and joined yesterday - would love to join your group - please add me
  • TedStout
    TedStout Posts: 241
    Options
    Would love to be included. I am 50 and hovering around goal.
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I am 44 and from the UK. I have been using MFP for a while now but never really looked into the 'community' pages before until a few days ago, but it is always good to have support when embarking on this journey of weight lose.

I gave up smoking 7 weeks ago and have found that my extra weight has now got extra weight, so I need to nip it in the bud before it gets out of control

I have about 35 lb's to lose and look forward to getting as much help from others as I can give them :smile:

And yes I would like to be in.
  • piezoeyjune
    piezoeyjune Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be included!

Losing after 40 is HARD... much harder than when I was younger anyway.

Just when I think Im on a roll I fall flat on my face...

Im down 35 with another 30 to go.

Hi All!
  • Dastillo9
    Dastillo9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, turned 44 a few weeks ago...looking to get to a good healthy weight, not yet sure what that is but i know I am not there now. Please add me.
  • SexyDexie
    SexyDexie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    42 here and you can add me. I've lost 10 pounds in my first month and I want to get down to about 180 or thereabouts.
  • bkperkin
    bkperkin Posts: 5
    Options
    I just joined as well, and I'm not even sure how to invite friends yet. But I'd love to be part of a group. Can you add me? I'm 43 and want to lose over 100 lbs.
  • maecrocker
    maecrocker Posts: 56
    Options
    I'm not sure we need to do anything other than start to write. If you go to community and look under "My Topics" you will find the group since you have already posted. Now we just get to know each other. Looks like there is a lot of interest. I hope everyone's day is going well.
  • Starting__Over
    Options
    I am 48 and just joined last week, still working my way around the site. I have been stuck with my weight loss for a few months and would like to get back on track, and am hoping joining this site will help, educate and motivate me.
  • mikniknar
    mikniknar Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in, support is great for sure :0)
  • leaflover72
    Options
    Add me, I'd love to have some support !!:flowerforyou:
  • madmax0412
    madmax0412 Posts: 65
    Options
    41 checking in! I'm as supportive as they come so please feel free to add!
  • khoff170
    khoff170 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi! I'm 47 and trying to drop the 25 pounds I've put on since May of 2012. I fell in love and he like to EAT! And he eats LATE! So... trying to get it together, set a couple of boundaries and get back into feeling healthy! Plus - I believe my poor feet will thank me!
  • naturallykinky
    naturallykinky Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just starting back today, AGAIN. I would love to mingle with people my age and the same mindset. Please add me to the group, and anyone wanting to be friends and support each other PLEASE DO. Let's support one another.
  • phooey43
    phooey43 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new here as well turned 44 this year and working on my last 15lbs. Feel free to add me to your friend lists