Raspberry keytones

Options
124»

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    One might lose more weight by taking any placebo if you BELIEVE it will work. The effects are minimal but recent research shows placebos work short term for those who truly believe because of minimal unrecorded behavior changes based on the belief. Arguably, those who experience the best results from the myriad unproven weight loss remedies are those most susceptible to the placebo effect. They are probably also the most likely customers. Recent research on the placebo effect is probably of great interest to those who sell skinny pills.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    raspberry ketones , literally are not something you can ingest, a ketone is a chemical SCENT molecule, so i have to say , everything you have read or heard about them , :huh: remember a ketone in REALITY is simply the SMELL:huh: of something

this goes back to the magic pill or the placebo effect.
    ketones have NEVER been proven to help people lose weight:flowerforyou:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_ketone

same with green coffee- which though it does work , is mainly caffeine..:flowerforyou:

the truth is , if you think it will help, it will , if you dont trust it , or wont put it in you because it resembles nothing you can get in reality, there is no point ..
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever taken raspberry keytones or is anyone currently taking them? If so, did they or are they working for you??? :ohwell:

I prefer blueberry ketones myself. They are highly recommended by Willy Wonka.

This one for the WIN!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I never said that they would work without diet and exercise. They supposedly speed up metabolism and turn fat from food into thermic energy . Now whether or not they are helping me, I don't know but they're certainly doing no harm.

That would be your body's natural process, not the raspberry ketones.

I'm not trying to pick on you, but lots of people read these threads and there are, unfortunately, an abundance of myths and pseudoscience claims around about quick fixes.

Diet and exercise are the keys, proven over and over again.

And you know for sure that they don't work do you? Ever tried them? Or just going by what you've read? Everyone thinks they know everything and jump on the bandwagon. Now the OP asked if anyone has had success using them, not a load of patronising comments from people who probably have no experience on the subject.

right, but you lost weight because of a calorie deficit not ketones....

Try eating 3000 calories a day and take the ketones and see what happens after four weeks....if you don't want to do that then you know the ketones don't work ...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I agree!! Everyone's an expert!! They are hundreds of supplements out there, Im sure that as well as a lot of them not working....a lot of them actally do...in conjunction with a balanced diet and exercise...simple!!! You cant just rubbish something you do not know anything about lol! At least try it. and then form an opinion!!

Thank you!! I'm not dismissing anything without first trying it, so long as it's safe and legal.

Yeah, screw science and reality!! Hopes and dreams ftw!

And what science is there that proves they don't work? Links please, from a reliable source and not just opinion.

Lol. Sources that they do not work? How about showing studies that they DO work?

Erm, well how about I am using them and losing weight. Who knows if they have anything to do with it. Once I am nearer my goal I will stop taking them for a couple of weeks and see for myself. Until then, I'm sticking with my tried and tested formula.

My dear, you are losing weight because you are eating less calories than you burn, not because of some magic pill.

I am sorry that you so badly want there to be some way to speed up your weight loss, but there are very few things that actually do this. Energy is energy. Now the good thing is that you are losing weight from your own efforts, despite your magic pills, so yay for you!

nope, she is losing because of the combination of ketones and the fairy pixie diet.... < that is the tried and tested weight loss formula that people have been using since the Ketonianans invaded Greece in the 5th century BC. Historical Fact....
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Mind if I have my say on this? I have actually tried these so I will share with you my results.
    I was eating a calorie deficit and working out a little and I mean a little but the lb's were coming off at a rate of 1lb per week.
    I bought these 'magic pills' and I was sceptical to say the least as there was no evidence that they worked in humans so I did my own test.
    I stopped eating at a deficit and started eating at maintenance, I stopped working out so that I would not have a deficit and instead took these pills, they repeated on me really bad but I stuck with it and gave it a really good month before I weighed myself again.
    When the month was up I weighed myself to see if the pills had helped and guess what? NOTHING!! not a single lb had gone I had actually gone up 2lb's! consequently what was left was promptly thrown in the bin.
    I then went back to my original plan of eating a deficit and working out and the lb's started to fall off again.
    This is my conclusion: SCAM!!! they didn't do anything for me except lightened my wallet, and they actually increased my waist line!
    My opinion, don't bother, stick to the tried and tested methods, eating right and moving more. That will work, promise!!

you did it wrong ...you have to drink the ketones while doing a handstand and then follow that with a seven day Benitol cleanse...then you eat at maintenance for two weeks....I mean EVERYONE knows that come on....!
  • fakeuntilumakeit
    Options
    I am using them...have only been back on it for 3 weeks, 1200cals a day net, 3 hour long aerobics sessions a week and 2 raspberry ketones a day, have lost 7lbs so far. Don't know if I would have lost anyway but I'm going to continue with them, just in case :)

Hi there, don't be afraid to come off them. As a comparison (I know we are all different ) but I lost a similar amount per week eating at 1200 cals and eating back my calories with exercising similar amount per week. I went from eating whatever I wanted no calorie counting and no exercise to eating less doing more and have lost 16llb since feb. I'm currently averaging 2llb loss a week if i'm having a well behaved and disciplined week.

I've just gone and bought XLS -medical fat binder to see if this increases the average loss per week, but think i'm really clutching at straws. If a miracle happens and I loose more without changing things then you'll see me letting people know, but what you are doing WITHOUT adding the pills is definitely loosing you those llbs. You may find your weight loss slows down anyway as you get closer to goal weight.

OP I'd try the natural formula of reduced calorie intake and more exercise first off and see how you go over the next month before handing over your cash. I've noticed ads with this raspberry or acai pills keep popping up offering FREE trials, but all want your card details and a follow up payment which seems well suss to me. Plus all say to take with a lowered calorie diet and exercise plan, in other words your doing the reduction yourself.
  • cadjin
    cadjin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Mind if I have my say on this? I have actually tried these so I will share with you my results.
    I was eating a calorie deficit and working out a little and I mean a little but the lb's were coming off at a rate of 1lb per week.
    I bought these 'magic pills' and I was sceptical to say the least as there was no evidence that they worked in humans so I did my own test.
    I stopped eating at a deficit and started eating at maintenance, I stopped working out so that I would not have a deficit and instead took these pills, they repeated on me really bad but I stuck with it and gave it a really good month before I weighed myself again.
    When the month was up I weighed myself to see if the pills had helped and guess what? NOTHING!! not a single lb had gone I had actually gone up 2lb's! consequently what was left was promptly thrown in the bin.
    I then went back to my original plan of eating a deficit and working out and the lb's started to fall off again.
    This is my conclusion: SCAM!!! they didn't do anything for me except lightened my wallet, and they actually increased my waist line!
    My opinion, don't bother, stick to the tried and tested methods, eating right and moving more. That will work, promise!!

you did it wrong ...you have to drink the ketones while doing a handstand and then follow that with a seven day Benitol cleanse...then you eat at maintenance for two weeks....I mean EVERYONE knows that come on....!

God yeah!! I knew I must have been doing something wrong! lol! well I would never try anything like that again, it was just a moment of madness! I mean what was I thinking? I lost 40lbs with no help from the world of quick fixes, just plain HARD WORK AND COMMITMENT, you know, like we know already!
  • LuHox
    LuHox Posts: 136
    Options
    They work at lightening your wallet, so there's that.

So that's what they mean "lose weight". I always thought they meant from your body.
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I am using them...have only been back on it for 3 weeks, 1200cals a day net, 3 hour long aerobics sessions a week and 2 raspberry ketones a day, have lost 7lbs so far. Don't know if I would have lost anyway but I'm going to continue with them, just in case :)

Try sitting on your backside stuffing pizza and seeing how well they work for you.

Clue: All these quick diet solutions also, rather mysteriously, recommend a calorie deficient diet and exercise. Odd that :huh:

Seriously though, if you're going to spend money then just get a jigger full of prunes and spend weeks sitting on the crapper. Or get a good dose of Norovirus - either will drop weight as food goes right through you.

I literally LOL at Norovirus! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ndj1979
    Options

God yeah!! I knew I must have been doing something wrong! lol! well I would never try anything like that again, it was just a moment of madness! I mean what was I thinking? I lost 40lbs with no help from the world of quick fixes, just plain HARD WORK AND COMMITMENT, you know, like we know already!

PFFFF everyone knows that calorie deficits, commitment, and hard work are completely useless when it comes to weight loss....
  • sarahjalink
    sarahjalink Posts: 40 Member
    Options

PFFFF everyone knows that calorie deficits, commitment, and hard work are completely useless when it comes to weight loss....

Thanks for all your comments, really useful. As I said several times I KNOW they are not going to work whilst eating 3000-575654563345543 calories a day whilst sitting on my *kitten*!! I said I am losing weight whilst dieting and exercising and using the ketones. I might have only lost 1lb a week and the ketones help me lose another. You don't know, I don't know, no one does. So just stick to lifting weights and popping steroids!
  • cadjin
    cadjin Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Thanks for all your comments, really useful. As I said several times I KNOW they are not going to work whilst eating 3000-575654563345543 calories a day whilst sitting on my *kitten*!! I said I am losing weight whilst dieting and exercising and using the ketones. I might have only lost 1lb a week and the ketones help me lose another. You don't know, I don't know, no one does. So just stick to lifting weights and popping steroids!
    No steroids for me not that stupid! just 4lb weights for exercise. IF you had read what I actually said you would have noticed I clearly said that I have ACTUALLY USED THESE KEYTONES!! I did my own test, to see if they did work FOR ME! they didn't, but that is just me. the best thing for you to do, is whatever makes you blissfully happy!
  • sarahjalink
    sarahjalink Posts: 40 Member
    Options

No steroids for me not that stupid! just 4lb weights for exercise. IF you had read what I actually said you would have noticed I clearly said that I have ACTUALLY USED THESE KEYTONES!! I did my own test, to see if they did work FOR ME! they didn't, but that is just me. the best thing for you to do, is whatever makes you blissfully happy!

Wasn't talking to you.