What do you count as 'water'?

Options

Replies

• raccy25
    raccy25 Posts: 7
    Options
    I count water I get myself out of the tap and bottled mineral water as water, but on the "8 glasses a day" tracker I also include any drinks I make myself with water eg. Sugar free squash, tea, coffee etc. but I log the extra calories from the added items in my diary. I wouldn't however count fruit juice or any fizzy drinks as water, as I haven't directly put the water in them. I'd just log them as usual in my diary and they wouldn't count towards my "8 glasses a day". Fizzy drinks contain too many artificial sugars/sweeteners to be classed as healthy as 1 of your "8 a day" in my opinion.
  • raccy25
    raccy25 Posts: 7
    Options
    I only count pizza as water, and only if it's pepperoni. Sausage pizza definitely does not count as water.
    :laugh:
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Okay. It's called water for a reason. That little ticker that lets you track your water intake says "WATER". Not liquids. Not fluids. Not flavored beverages. Not alcohol. Not diet coke. Not reconstituted condensed soup. It says water. Guess what counts as water? Water. The end. If it has any ingredients besides H2O it's NOT water and personally, I don't think should be counted.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Okay. It's called water for a reason. That little ticker that lets you track your water intake says "WATER". Not liquids. Not fluids. Not flavored beverages. Not alcohol. Not diet coke. Not reconstituted condensed soup. It says water. Guess what counts as water? Water. The end. If it has any ingredients besides H2O it's NOT water and personally, I don't think should be counted.
    The water you count as water has ingredients other than H2O.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I don't see the point in tracking water. There are plenty of other, more important, things to track and stress over.

This. But just about anything liquid can be counted as water.
  • xeyda
    xeyda Posts: 7
    Options
    I only count pure, plain water, or water with fresh squeezed lemon (no sweetener) as "water", but I do not beat myself up over it if I do not drink a set number of ounces, because I do drink coffee, tea, the occasional diet soda, juice, etc. Plus I eat a lot of fruit, which adds up for hydration.
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I will count water and herbal teas as water. I sometimes count green tea as water but I'm a bit iffy on that one due to the caffeine. If I add things like crystal light or Mio I don't count it as water. I also don't count milk, juice, soda, or anything like that either. I count the calories or everything and I list the non water drinks that I drink. This is just how I keep track of things.
  • CongoClark81
    CongoClark81 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I only count water as water. Anything added to it, Crystal Light or whatever, I don't count as water and include that in my calorie tracker. So just strictly count water as water, nothing more
  • CongoClark81
    CongoClark81 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Totally agree!
  • tdfarmer
    tdfarmer Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I only count water, and here is why, when I started I drank very little water, was drinking pretty according to everyone standards of counting anything, even diet. One of my friends encouraged me to start drinking water. So forced myself to stop drinking everything else and drink mainly water. Since I've done that have seen major changes in my weight. Now mind you I do drink other things now, but I do log as calories and not water, but still try to drink a minimum of 64oz of water a day.
  • ak_honda
    ak_honda Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I only count water, coconut water, and any green or black tea I drink (I don't add any sweeteners to my tea, and usually only drink decaffeinated). Any other drinks I do not count towards that.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    This topic makes me want to kill myself.
    Via drowning.
    In water.

DOES THAT INCLUDE COFFEE AND TEA TOO? :bigsmile:
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Salt.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Would you log a peanut butter & jelly sandwich the same as a bologna & cheese sandwich.. because its a sandwich? NO.. water is water. Log it as such. Just like you would log orange juice as orange juice.... Or a hot dog as a hot dog.. and not a hamburger.

WATER IS WATER! Green isnt Blue, Peaches arent green beans! Log what you are logging exactly what it is.. nothing else!

Good luck! <3
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Diet soda is not water. Soda further dehydrates you and puts more stress on the kidneys and liver. Not sure if srs or potato.
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    For me i count water as water...

Aslo, just made a fresh cup of coffee and after reading all the posts ... i could really go for some water.
  • Sylph13
    Sylph13 Posts: 15
    Options
    Everything liquid, pretty much - coffee, tea, milk (can't argue when it's skim lol), juice... coffee is usually about 75% of my "water" intake for the day. It counts as water because it is mostly water, and you drink it - imo clear soups should technically count as well. They don't have separate categories for juice and coffee etc. for a reason.. smh at some people. Right, and recent studies dispel the myth that you need to drink a cup of water for every caffeinated beverage.. The only time water is water for me, is when a Dr. says "nothing but water" prior to surgery etc.
  • Melonie79
    Melonie79 Posts: 9
    Options
    I count only "water" as water and drink at least my 8 glasses a day (before I allow myself juice or diet soda, etc).
    If it's got calories, it goes in the log.
  • joyjay4fun
    joyjay4fun Posts: 160
    Options
    I count water and tea. I also occasionally use a crystal light in my water but I dont necessarily log the 5 calories as 5 wont make or break my day. :-)
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I only count water and herbal tea. I don't really drink soda or alcohol or juices etc.