What languages do you speak?

Options

Replies

• Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Fluent in Dutch, French and English.
    I try to understand German, but cannot speak it at all :-)
  • HunterKiller_wechange2
    HunterKiller_wechange2 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    English, Nerdish and Drunken Bum.
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    English, sort of French, some Hebrew, and some ASL, and Pig Latin. And, oh! I'm learning real Latin.
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    English
    Latvian (Cos that's where I'm from)
    Russian
    Little bit of German
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    English is native. I have a mix of that southern drawl when I am tired (grew up in GA) but it is mixed with midwestern (mom/family from Indiana and Ohio). No one ever really knows where I am from lol.

Latin: Previously fairly fluent speaking. I can still read/somewhat write it well. Because of the Latin though I am can understand basic Spanish, Italian and French. It is kinda nice actually! Got language understanding 4 for the price of one! :laugh:
  • goldenboy2532
    goldenboy2532 Posts: 856
    Options
    I speak 'Murican!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    English, Piglatin, and a nice fluency in Toddler Babble.

Yup, me too. Though I used to know Ubbi Dubbi (points to whoever know where that was taught without google).... and a tiny bit of Dutch and Italian (mostly the swear words... ok, only one)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I have a French degree and an MA in Translation, and work as a languages teacher at a secondary school. I have basic Spanish and German and would be able to get by using them if necessary, and have also studied Italian, Portuguese and Norwegian, but a long time ago, although I could read in them, I doubt I could speak any!
  • Vicko25
    Vicko25 Posts: 45
    Options
    Spanish and some English.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    American English
    English English
    Scots
    Text book Spanish (was fluent as a kid but lost most of it since)
    Some ASL
    Sarcasm
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    American Sign Language. I first began learning formally during my undergrad out of curiousity. Later got my undergrad degree in Deaf Ed. Later I interpreted to pay my way through grad school in a field related to Deafness.

I'm told Spanish was my first language as we used to live in the Canal Zone, but unfortunately, that wasn't used enough to maintain after moving back to the States. I'd love to be able to bring that back to proficiency so that I could be a trilingual interpreter.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I'm not fluent in any language but speak a smattering of Spanish, Italian, French and German.

Grand Father was Italian so I picked up some of it from him. Took French in high school. Took an online course for German and almost everyone speaks a little spanish these days.
  • liznsmith
    liznsmith Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Fluent in: American English, British English (I lived in Dublin for some time) German and French. My dad raised me speaking Parisian French so I can't understand the Quebecois. I understand a lot of Spanish and Arabic (Syrian dialect) .AlthoughI lived in Italy I can't understand or speak a word of it. I also know some Japanese and Yiddish
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    English and French. I know lite lite svenska (from my time .studying at Uppsala)
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    English, Espanol, and some Castellano ;)
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    English
    French
    Creole (broken French)
    Lolcats

I understand a little bit of Hindi, thanks to Bollywood and can understand a bit of Spanish and Italian

I really want to learn Swahili and be more fluent in Arabic!
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Lolcats

Since we're alowing geek languages I know a little Klingon, pig latin and Minnesotan.
  • BabyCerise
    BabyCerise Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm french so obviously, I speak french !
    then english, spanish, latin, and a bit of italian and vietnamian!
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Ebonics.

lol :)
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    English, Arabic, Hebrew and a bit of German, bit of Turkish, and a few phrases in Spanish.....=)

OH and I wish someone could teach me Irish <3