Pregnancy 2010 - June

Options
tahmed
tahmed Posts: 409 Member
Hello everyone!

For those of you just finding us, this is a group that is trying to be healthier and/or lose weight while:

a) wanting to drop some weight before TTC
b) TTC
c) Pregnant

Wednesdays are our days to weigh in, and we have started having weekly challenges. This weeks will be, what items are you excited to buy for your baby?

Welcome all!

Replies

• mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    All of the precious clothes! I can't help myself now while walking through the baby sections "oooooo-ing" and "aaaaaaah-ing" over everything already! :)
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    Today is the last day taking the pill....here's so June and July TTC! WOW! Good luck to everyone else trying! :)
  • musicmrse
    musicmrse Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am in! Do I just friend everyone???
  • MyKidzMom
    MyKidzMom Posts: 97
    Options
    Oh I would love to join this group!!!!

I have 3 kids already but am trying to lose weight to have 1 more with my fiance' who has none. I am excited to buy little baby Alabama Crimson Tide football gear!
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to buy a jogging stroller. My cousin just got one for her twins and said it's the best thing she's ever bought.
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    The little booties. I think I'll get one of each pair I can find.
  • Fawkes
    Fawkes Posts: 50
    Options
    Wow, I lost the group! I'm chugging along on my weight loss :) Only 6 more months until my DH will even consider TTC again :) so that's 6 months to loose weight in!!! :D
  • bmconner4
    bmconner4 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just had a baby 6 months ago!

But I am NOT TTC! lol

Just trying to lose the baby weight!
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    Ok so I know this is probably a stupid question, but what exactly does "DH" mean? I know who it is referring to, just wondering the literal translation. I'm sure I'll feel dumb after asking this, lol :blushing:
  • MyKidzMom
    MyKidzMom Posts: 97
    Options
    Ok so I know this is probably a stupid question, but what exactly does "DH" mean? I know who it is referring to, just wondering the literal translation. I'm sure I'll feel dumb after asking this, lol :blushing:

I am glad you asked because I was wondering myself.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to buy a jogging stroller. My cousin just got one for her twins and said it's the best thing she's ever bought.

We were offered one and I was trying to decide if it was worth it ... what makes it so much better than a regular stroller? ... besides off roading, which I never do
  • 00Angela00
    Options

She's used it a couple of times, at first I thought it was initials but now I assume "darling husband"? I don't know either. haha
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options

We were offered one and I was trying to decide if it was worth it ... what makes it so much better than a regular stroller? ... besides off roading, which I never do

My main reason for wanting one is because I love to walk and jog, but I don’t live in neighborhood with sidewalks and are the streets are very rocky and full of gravel. I’m told they are also a lot easier to maneuver than regular ones.

I don’t have kids yet, so everything I’m posting about the strollers comes from my friends and family who have used them with their kids. If I’m wrong about anything please feel free to let me know! :smile:
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options

She's used it a couple of times, at first I thought it was initials but now I assume "darling husband"? I don't know either. haha

Dh does mean "Darling (or dear) husband. DD is daughter, DS is son, etc. I find myself on many boards these last couple of weeks, so I'm picking it up. Oh, and FI means fianceé.

Tahmed - did you see my reply to you on the May board?

I am most looking forward to buying the crib and rocking chair. I'm not sure why, but I love that I will own one, and my son/daughter will sleep there, and it will be their first room. I want to make it a vision of cuteness!

Started Clomid last night - so far no real side effects. Might take a couple of days though...

mwilson - I had that day last week! Wahoo! it feels great, doesn't it? Welcome to the team! have fun Baby-Dancing (again, you can blame that reference on the What To Expect book series).
    :heart:
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Are people interested in me continuing to post healthiest foods during pregnancy? If so how often should I post them?
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    Thanks for the explanation!! I knew who you were talking about, just wanted the whole translation!:laugh:

Yes, I'd like to know healthy foods to eat while being pregnant...I need all the help I can get! lol

Baby-Dancing! Love it! :love:
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I weighed in this morning.....up 1.5 from last week. I knew it was going to be more than a pound due to the holiday weekend. Once I get back on track (and find the time) of working out I'll be ok.

I'm officially in the last week of my 2nd trimester - 27 weeks! Holy crap! We started the nursery this week, DH picked up the crib and changing table (thanks to Target) and I'm hoping to paint this week.

I can feel myself getting more tired towards the end of the day. But I have so much to do these next few weeks that I have no time to be tired. You should see my house right now - it's a mess. Emptying a spare bedroom and turning it into a nursery makes for piles of crap I have to go through and have no room for!

My mom and step dad came over this weekend to help with the room and we put in a new fence around our yard. We were going non stop this past weekend...hopefully I can get it all done before our first shower on June 27th.
  • jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Question- I know that I have to increase to 300 cals in the 1st tri. I was at 1200, so should I increase to 1600? I set it at 2000 cause I was not sure. How do I find out what I need to maintain? I looked through the site and don't see anything. I'm having a hard time hitting 2000 cals per day. Also, does anyone else restrict sodium? Dr. Oz's book ( You-pregnancy ) says 1500 milligrams total per day -800 for a main dish and 480 for a side. Do you know how hard that is?! OMG! Also, fewer than 4 grams of sugar per serving for main dish or dessert and 2 grams for a side. I can't find yogart that has less than 4. But over all it's a really good book. Just wondering if anyone else is following this. Thanks!
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    So, I weighed in today and I'm at 176 I was down to 175 on Friday but after the weekend I gained back a lb even though I was super careful w my portions. I can't wait to reach 170 it's been three years since I've seen that weight on the scale.

As for the challenge I really can't wait to buy a rocking chair with a rocking ottoman.