Good intentions, but..................

Options
13»

Replies

• Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    close to 400 days turned off ticker but know I am past a year :)
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I've been here for a long time off and on. I think I've had the best intentions but just didn't have the right information behind me to do it right the first few times. I've been at it over 125 days this time around and with the help of the IPOARM ideals and my BodyMedia.. this time its for life.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I just passed my 200 day mark. I'm on every day, I log everything. It's making an enormous difference for me. I've been gaining weight steadily all my life really, but it really got bad in the last 3 years. If I had known about this site back then, I probably would have avoided gaining these last 20 pounds. I thought I knew how to manage things, I ate fairly well and exercised regularly. But this site helps me with more than that. I'm pretty sure I'll stay on here even after I get to a healthier weight. Why wouldn't I?
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Definitely in the early, good intentions category... not yet a week in.

Trust me, this can become addicting if you have the right friends to motivate you (and you motivate them).

About 3 weeks for me -Glad the topic of dumping non-logging friends came up, as I was just wondering how long I should hang on to people who don't log, or worse, yet, never motivate me but I motivate them.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    About 4 years... although there was an intermission in the last year while I was pregnant :) Just started getting back at it in the last couple months
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for about two years now. I haven't lost much because I slacked off the first year and just trolled on the message boards.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    About 4 years... although there was an intermission in the last year while I was pregnant :) Just started getting back at it in the last couple months

Yay someone else who has been here as long as me!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I was using another logger before MFP for 40 days. I've been on MFP 325 days. Altogether a year.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Most people probably have only 10 lbs to lose, and aren't ocd enough to keep logging after that.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Four months, and I log in every day. The only exception was a couple of days when I was out of town all day and got home late.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    500 and something days. Or every day since my join date.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Most people probably have only 10 lbs to lose, and aren't ocd enough to keep logging after that.

With 30% of the population obese, and another 30% various levels of overweight... I can be certain in saying that most are way WAY more than 10 lbs overweight
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    390 days. Holler. :)
  • SolanumSunrise
    SolanumSunrise Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    150 days so far. I will always need to keep logging, if not here then somewhere else even once I'm on maintenance.
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Joined MFP in Oct 2010, logged in for 410 days, lost 40 lbs. I moved to another country, fell off the wagon, gained back 14 lbs. I started back up 70 days ago and religiously log in, down 7 lbs. So far so good...
  • amandajones1978
    Options
    I have been on my healthier lifestyle journey for 1 year but only on MFP for 140 days. I definitely notice a difference in my accountability when I have to log what I'm eating. :)