does this myfitnesspal actually work???

Options
hollieiow
hollieiow Posts: 8 Member
Just joined yesterday as friend recommended it, i was just wondering if it actually works??

Replies

• gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    It helps me stay motivated...
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    It helps a lot when you have others with the same struggle/goals as you
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    yes!!!!:bigsmile:
  • hollieiow
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
  • ingies2011
    ingies2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    If you set it up, and are honest with yourself, weigh and measure food, it works great, just got to keep at it...
  • hollieiow
    Options
    Thankyou! it says i need to eat 1800 a day i find that a bit much? thats all!
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting works, if you follow it honestly. MFP just helps you track!
  • jessicae1aine
    jessicae1aine Posts: 885
    Options
    If you're serious about it, yes.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    If you're honest, yea. If you don't log all that you ear and work out hard then no... its fun either way :) and that makes it awesome.
  • YogiBear66
    YogiBear66 Posts: 1
    Options
    Yes myfitnesspal does work. I had no idea how much I should or shouldno't be eating. I spent two weeks counting calories and learnt how much to eat and what impact food had on my goals. Once I had an idea of how much to eat I got on with it and lots 5kg (11lbs) and I feel much better about myself.

If you are honest and track ALL calories consumed, myfitnesspal, is like having a personal assistant help you along.

Because I am also trying to get stronger for running and cycling I found the calorie, carbs, fat, protein break-up really helpful.

Good Luck
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options

Did you set yourself up as very active? That will give you more calories, but you shouldn't eat back all your exercsie. I find it easier to set myself as sedentary (as I have to choose to exercise rather than it being part of my job) and eat back my exercise, and as I've lost weight its knocked my calories down every 10lb.

Its certainly worked for me, as by logging you really think about your food choices. And if I see I'm calories short for a treat I can do an extra workout :smile: Many poeple will say you shouldn't work out just to eat, or you shouldn't reward yourself with food, but I see it as earning the treat - my regular calories are for regular meals and the exercise gives me the extras. Its my way of educating myself to look at exercsie positively - and it has worked. See my ticker - I now make psitive food choices and think before I dive into the chocolate.

As others have said, you have to be honest and log accurately - weigh things like cereal and apsta as its easy to have twice the portion without even noticing!
  • wifealiciousness
    wifealiciousness Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    A website alone will not help you loose weight and get fit. You need some commitment and honesty. MFP can help with that.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    That's why it works, we find out that we don't have to starve ourselves to lose weight. We learn if we eat too little that we lose muscle. Welcome to MFP, you'll love it!
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    It works as well as you let it work.it can take some trial and error to find where you need to be for calories. Give it 3-4 weeks and if you don't see anything take 100 cal away and try for another 3-4 weeks till you find a good place for you. Remember to measure everything and licking the spoon is not calorie free,:wink:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    it works slightly better than ITworks wraps but not as good as raspberry ketones.

and since you are new, i have to point out that i am kidding. just being a member of this community helps me everyday be conscious of what i am eating, and what my activity levels are. and if i slip and eat 12 breakfast burritos one morning, i get non-judgmental support, and it makes it easier to treat that slip up as a bump, and not a derailment.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    MFP works if you do.

Whether or not you exercise, if you follow the recommendations set for you, it will work.

Sometimes people make it fancy and get discouraged or confused. (Of course, the customizing works great for a lot of people.) If you are someone who likes a simple formula, just stick with what MFP sets for you. It can't get much simpler, and it's based on what you are really doing, not what you say you will do.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Myfitnesspal. I've heard of it.
    Gave me a thigh-gap.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    It works if you want it to work!

Be honest with yourself about your goals and your logging and you'll find it works amazingly! :)
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    According to my ticker below, I think I can say absolutely YES!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Hmm, probably.

And by probably I mean, ABSOLUTELY. Look down. ;)