does this myfitnesspal actually work???

Options

Replies

• tallvesl99
    tallvesl99 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY IT WORKS!! I had tried lots of things at the age of 56 and had become very discouraged...my daughter in law put me on to this last year and i LOVE it!!! I kind of went off it at Christmas time but went right back on in January....
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Indeed, it works if you want it to work. It's a great system, with good support from other people (should you seek it, which I do recommend).
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Just joined yesterday as friend recommended it, i was just wondering if it actually works??

If you use it right, yep. Lost 9 pounds in my first month on here.
  • jeansgirl
    jeansgirl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Just joined yesterday as friend recommended it, i was just wondering if it actually works??

I think almost any program will work if you work it. This one is easy. Add your data...meals calories snacks exercise...be honest. Ask for help if needed. Motivation is available if you want it and you can find groups that fit with your personality. Good Luck!
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yes :-)
  • UncleRiotous
    Options

Did you set yourself up as very active? That will give you more calories, but you shouldn't eat back all your exercsie. I find it easier to set myself as sedentary (as I have to choose to exercise rather than it being part of my job) and eat back my exercise, and as I've lost weight its knocked my calories down every 10lb.

Spot on. A mate and I have both dropped between 40 and 50 lb and neither of us think we'd have managed it so easily without logging on here.
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    It's up to you to make it work!! Just stick to it and follow your goals and you will do great!!!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Work? MFP does not *do* anything ..
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    If you are committed to logging everything ....YES! I feel that workouts are a must! Do what you can and what works for you!

I've passed my goal and feeling AWESOME!
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    MFP is a tool to help its patrons lose weight and gain fitness. People have made some good progress using the site but you do have to use it properly to make informed decisions on the diet and exrecise regime that suits you
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

yes, if you use it properly, it does!
  • nekoxvampyx
    nekoxvampyx Posts: 163
    Options
    yep yep it does!
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you use it and you're honest about what you're eating and how much of it you're eating. ;) It makes it super easy to track calories, and the motivation from others is really great. Best part - it's free!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    It's a tool. If you utilize it properly it will work.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Yes. If I had stuck with it sooner I would have lost much quicker. Only when I started using MFP religiously did I start losing weight. If you think you can cut back on your own without doing the math you are deluding yourself.

MFP makes it painfully obvious that I am eating too much and exercising too little. If you don't want to use MFP or something similar, you really haven't decided to lose the weight.

You also have the added benefit of belonging to a tribe of people who have made the commitment to make things better for themselves.

Yes. It works.
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    Yes. Lost 23 pounds so far..you have to be honest though...and stay motivated. Also remember to stick with it even if you don't see results right away..I didn't start losing weight til after my first month on here. As for your calorie intake..it's based off of your height, current weight, how much you want to lose and also how active you are..so if you were honest, then yes, it should be accurate. Good luck on your journey :flowerforyou:
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    See my ticker. Followed the MFP plan entirely over the last 2 years. So yes, if you stick to it, it works.
  • mckjppj
    mckjppj Posts: 2
    Options
    how do you add in foods not on the list as far as carbs and fats etc?
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    yes it does.just stick to it.daily.
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    No. If anything I've gained weight.

THANKS TO MY HUGE GAINS