The B shaped belly

Options
13»

Replies

• etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Can we go back to apples, pears and bananas? This thread is just as silly.
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have the same situation with my stomach and it bothers me so much because I've lost a good amount of weight and I feel like my stomach is jiggling even more (when the top part flaps over my jeans or the top flap covers my belly button). I've tried to find before and afters with B shaped bellies, but I can never find anything. Even when I was a really skinny pre-teen (about 90 lbs), I still had the B-Shape belly. I was very active but my stomach jiggled (the rest of me was very skinny). Right now I'm doing mostly strength training and HIIT cardio. I just have to be better with my eating habits.

This is me to a tee! I'm 5'5", 135 lbs and exercise between 3-5 days a week. Every other part of my body has toned up except my abs. I see the line where the abs are forming but this little pooch above my belly button is stubborn and will not go away. I've always described it as "bending at the belly button" b/c when I sit down, my belly button disappears.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Boat pose!

marilyn-monroe-yoga-boat-pose.png?w=450
  • bnm1979
    bnm1979 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have ALWAYS had a B belly -- even with both pregnancies (until last 2 months) -- It is getting a lot smaller but still B shaped. "top belly" fluctuates daily..
  • auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I do! The top roll was the first thing that started to go when I first started losing, but now it's stopped at an uncomfortable protruding-just-over-where-it-should place. And the bottom roll is still basically where it was when I started.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    See my profile photo? lol I think it comes from wearing high waisted jeans whilst growing... Thanks Mom! :-P More photos on my blog....,
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I developed one after having a kid, and 32 pounds down (35 more to go) the B is turning into a b. I don't know where it will end up at goal weight.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    What about the Q shaped belly? it's the male one.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    This was my shape when I was overweight. My stomach is flat as a board now, but it took a lot of hard work and nailing down a routine to get here.

There's no "trick" to getting rid of it, and you can't spot reduce through exercise (which I tried to do for years, btw).

Eat at a calorie deficit, get lots of fruits and veggie servings, and get in at least a few hours of exercise per week (I recommend weight training, as this builds muscle, which increases your metabolism).

I ate at about 1400 calories per day with a bit more on the weekends (1600 to 2000). I did not eat back my exercise calories.
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have always had a "B shaped" belly. Even when I was a kid and really skinny, it was a lot smaller but it still had the "wrinkles" that form the B shape.
    It got bigger when I gained weight and smaller when I lost weight. But I think that's about it... I don't expect it to go anywhere I don't plan to get to a weight where it would flatten out... I just accept it and appreciate the fact that I have a small waist :)

But I have seen people with "flat" or just very small B shaped bellies... so there is hope haha
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Belly belly belly starts with B.

I'm a "B" too...Blah! Almost 50lbs shed in the past few months and the top of the B is much smaller, but the bottom is way big and jiggly...Even at my thinnest past weight (150lbs at almost 5'9") still totally a b.

I'm just going to keep working and hopefully it'll shrink itself away over time.
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have one of those, a horrible flabby B shaped belly.

I see a lot of success stories with before and after pictures that include a lot of rounded tummys in the before photos but very rarely see the B.

Has anyone else got the B shape? why have we got this shape? or has anyone lost this B shape tummy and got themselves a lovely flat stomach?

Research body types (it sounds like you're an endomorph which means you need to eat less carbs and more protein and fat). I don't have a "B" belly, but I have a belly, but it's dwindling now that I know what I should be eating. I was clean eating like crazy, but I was eating too many carbs.

What.

Ludicrous

I'm a xenomorph, just waiting for the baby alien to make it's appearance so I can have a flat stomach once again...

Alien+Stomach+Ache.jpg
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    B is for belly. That's good enough for me.

And Boobs plus B Belly makes it triple B.

I know what you mean.. once I was sitting with my friends in a mall.. and another friend spotted me from far.. rather spotted my "belly".. came up to me and said. "I knew it was you when I saw the three rolls" :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • FirecrackerJess
    FirecrackerJess Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I too have this and as someone else said, I think it could be due to where we have been wearing our jeans all these years cause thats usually where they end up sitting. I hate it. I hope that as I lose it gets smaller but some replies in here kind of depressed me on that lol.
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    After having 3 kids i had the "B" belly. I worked my but off doing core exercises and it was gone !! then i got lazy and gained all the weight back and more and now have my "B" belly back. So far the top has dropped a bit but i still have a long way to go. Already working the core though so when the fat subsides then i will be ready for it. Lose the fat and work all the muscle to get what you are looking for. Crunches (of all types) worked best for me. Good luck. :bigsmile:
  • ronaldraygun
    Options
    I have one of those, a horrible flabby B shaped belly.

I see a lot of success stories with before and after pictures that include a lot of rounded tummys in the before photos but very rarely see the B.

Has anyone else got the B shape? why have we got this shape? or has anyone lost this B shape tummy and got themselves a lovely flat stomach?

Research body types (it sounds like you're an endomorph which means you need to eat less carbs and more protein and fat). I don't have a "B" belly, but I have a belly, but it's dwindling now that I know what I should be eating. I was clean eating like crazy, but I was eating too many carbs.

What.

Ludicrous

Why is this ludicrous? You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but I can speak from experience that since I've adjusted my macros to eat less (not NONE AT ALL, but less) carbs, I've lost an inch off my stomach. How is that ludicrous?

Just now finding this thread, and I think you're spot on, fyi.
  • Allelito
    Allelito Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have one as well! The "top part" is kind of gone though, just a bit of the bottom part left. I think it will disappear more or less once I reach my goal weight though as I've seen it going flatter and flatter!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Research body types (it sounds like you're an endomorph which means you need to eat less carbs and more protein and fat). .
    This information is incorrect.