how did lowering your carbs work for you?

Options
13»

Replies

• kmstieg
    kmstieg Posts: 58
    Options
    I cut carbs a year ago and here's what happened:

- Lost over 100lbs and counting
    - Blood pressure is great (110 / 73)
    - Bloodwork and cholesterol are perfect
    - Asthma went away after 20 years (though the weight loss is likely what caused that)
    - Have more energy, and I require less sleep
    - No longer hungry 24/7
    - No more heartburn or gas
    - Learned how to cook!

Wow...congratulations on your weight loss!! I have had all the positive results as you have had!! Happy low-carbing :))
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I didn't really start dropping weight until I dropped my carbs to 50g and my sugars to 25g. I tend to flux between 50-75 carbs and up to 50g sugars, depending on what I've been eating (e.g., they'll be higher if I've eaten a sweet potato vs. brocolli).

And... like others have said - the cravings (for carby or sweet stuff) have vanished.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    My doc was actually excited when my annual physical results came out :happy:

I used to be so addicted to bread and rice...i just couldnt control my greed when i would eat them. And i was always hungry,
    I try to keep my carb intake around 100g each day.

Other than me just being lazy, i have no health issues at all now. Blood pressure, cholesterol and thyroid are all normal now.
  • Jkelly1221
    Jkelly1221 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it has done wonders for me, like others said, I stick around 100 carbs/day. Today i had 118 g carbs and 110 g protein. I eat great through the week when I'm working my desk job, but when I bartend on the weekends at a golf course, all hell breaks loose....I really need to get my weekends in check and I would be way farther ahead than what I am right now.
  • Losing85
    Losing85 Posts: 26
    Options
    My doc was actually excited when my annual physical results came out :happy:

I used to be so addicted to bread and rice...i just couldnt control my greed when i would eat them. And i was always hungry,
    I try to keep my carb intake around 100g each day.

Other than me just being lazy, i have no health issues at all now. Blood pressure, cholesterol and thyroid are all normal now.

thats so amazing!!!!