success tips that helped you the most

Options
1235»

Replies

• hrhboo
    hrhboo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    No eating after dinner. I have a satisfying, balanced meal and there's absolutely no need to snack after that. Anything I was eating after dinner was usually junk, consumed mindlessly while watching tv. Cutting it out has been enormously helpful and has had a big impact on my weightloss success.
  • bushokie
    bushokie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    thanks great tips
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on what you think you are giving up or missing out on. Don't focus on where you think your failing or even on a goal weight or body type. Focus on feeling happy, enjoying your new body and new confidence. Focus on loving your body, feeling strong and healthy, doing things you enjoy, and suddenly workout out and eating well is something that you enjoy and that makes you feel awesome.
  • BabyCerise
    BabyCerise Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I was a bit lazy before, but when I started to get healthy, my fav exercise has been playing ! play with your dog/cat, with kids, don't forget to move and have fun !
  • carlos13th
    carlos13th Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Don't eat when you're not hungry. Sometimes people eat when they are bored. I used to do it far more than I care to admit. Now I only tend to eat when I am actually hungry rather than when I want to entertain myself by eating.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Everyone is an expert on this site (LOL) and they will tell you a lot of different things: do this and that. I have experimented with a lot, and I encourage you to do the same to find out what works for you. You're you, unique and unlike any other person. Take a lot of pictures. Sometimes it's easy to get discouraged, feel fat etc. Look at how far you have come instead of how far you have to go!

Good luck. Don't forget to smile.
  • carlos13th
    carlos13th Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Also do everything, no matter how trivial to the Rocky theme. This serves no purpose but would be pretty awesome.
  • bushokie
    bushokie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    awesome
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Use a food scale and measuring cup to get accurate portions

Don't rely just on the scale to track your progress. Track measurements, take progress pictures, think about how your clothes fit and how you're feeling.

Pick one day to weigh yourself. Do it in the first thin in the AM after you wake up, naked, and after you've used the toilet. Put the scale away till the next week.

Too much of a calorie deficit can slow/stop weight loss just as easily as too little of one.

Drink water.

There are no bad foods just bad portion sizes. If you want chocolate and have 70 calories in your "budget" for 2 dark chocolate squares, eat it. It'll most likely keep you from eating 15 later on.

Exercise - Cardio for heart health, resistance training for strength and to preserve lean body mass.

You can not gain an appreciable amount of muscle eating on a deficit.

Weight lost isn't linear. Some weeks you'll lose a good chunk, some weeks you may lose just a few ounces, some weeks you may actually gain. As long as over time the scale is headed in the right direction, you're ok.

If you fall off the wagon, run along side it until you can hop back on. Don't let it leave you in the dust.

Set goals and reward yourself with non-food related gifts. A massage, a new pair of shoes, a zip-line trip now that you're under their max weight limit.

If you find you need to do something with your hands while watching TV so you won't be tempted to mindlessly eat a bag of chips, take up a craft like cross stitching, crocheting or knitting.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!