Beer binge. Bloody hell!

Options
So these last two weeks I just fell off the fast train, landing right into Budlights, Weisers, and those damn delicious Straw-ber-ritas. I'm angry at myself. But then I got to step back and say HEY, you've worked your *kitten* off for 6 months, you deserved to lay on the beach and drink to your hearts content!

But now I'm dragging myself back, time to shape up or.. get shapely again! Curse you beer..

Lookin for supportive friends who understand the upcoming summer wine, beer and liquor fun temptations! Ya hear me!??

Replies

• summersun512
    summersun512 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Craft beer flights!! I just can't quit you!! :)

I'm with you girl. Once a week deviation can't hurt...as long as you keep it together the rest of the time. :)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I got mad just from reading this. What an epic waste. No offense.
    Have you heard of craft beers? I mean really, budlight. :sick:

I stay away from those weak watery beers. Go for the more full flavor. Maybe a nice wheat beer to start with? Hefeweisen or a Wit. IPAs are always a good choice too. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I agree with Bill - drink more flavourful beers and you'll drink less (and probably enjoy them more)...
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I went through a case of BL's yesterday while working on the toy hauler. of course, I didn't eat much so I figure it all worked out in the end. I'm hydrated at least. :D
  • galenofedgewood
    galenofedgewood Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Life is too short for bad beer.

I love my Guinness. Some might disagree with me, but I really do enjoy an Amber Bock from time to time.
  • shytrevoak
    shytrevoak Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Good to know! Honestly I don't know what a craft beer is. My bad. I'm new to the beer world. Usually a liquor and wine person. I hate drinking these watery beers. That's why I got stuck on the Ritas because their 8%, but hell, 200 calories? Fricken hell.

What beers do y'all like? Then I can broaden my beer horizons! :)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I drink Budlight when it is hot, so often in Arizona. I do love Chainbreaker IPA. Give that a whirl.
  • infamousmk
    Options
    OOohhhh!!! You've come to the right place!! I am curious about where you live - I can recommend something local that way...

You can't go wrong with blonde ales, hefeweizens, amber ales, pale ales, and brown ales if you're new to beer. If you kind of like Budweiser, but don't like the super bitterness and wateryness, you may really like lagers, so you can look for a craft lager or pilsner (or kolsch), and see what you think.

If you're ready to step in to even more flavor, check out IPAs and Stouts...
  • caseym87
    caseym87 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with Bud Light! Yeah, it's not a heavy full flavor beer, but it's enjoyable on hot days.

Since I've been eating less I've not been able to drink as much beer, it fills me up. And I can get sloppy drunk really fast! What a joy.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Stop messing around with all that and get some hard liquor.
  • shytrevoak
    shytrevoak Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the ideas! There are just so many on the shelf you never know which one to grab. I'm located in the Woodlands TX (infamous), bout 20 min north of Houston. I'm not a light weight. I wish I was. I practically drank a whole pack of the Ritas Saturday at the beach. I love vodka with juice, and a good strong Port wine. But during the summer, it's nice having a good ol' cold beer!!
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    If you can get it where you live, Hell or High Watermelon (I think by 21st amendment brewery? Not sure and anything beer related is blocked at work) is AWESOME on a hot day. I cannot stand wheat beers, but HoHW is so so so so so good.
  • StrongAtLast
    StrongAtLast Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    In Texas? Well, support your local brewery..SHINER!
    They have plenty of different varieties but I like Shiner bock best
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    i am right there with you, OP. not only did i indulge in SEVERAL mixed drinks (several is an understatement) but i also ate a smorgasborg of horrible foods hahaha. but, it was a vacation and wouldnt have been as enjoyable if i was strict the whole time. sometimes you just have to live it up when youre at the beach and have fun. you can get back into the swing of things when you get home.
  • jjuullzz
    jjuullzz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love all different beers! Sadly, my blood sugar doesn't. So I drink Miller Lite...a lot of it. On a hot day, nothing tastes better than an ice cold beer! And if it's really hot, those craft beers just make me feel blah. A light beer goes down nice and easy. So does the next one. LOL

I say, as long as you are still working out, and watching your calories, there is nothing wrong with enjoying! And as far as vacation goes...did you have a good time? Well then, that's all that should matter! Now, if you were taking vacations like that once a month, I'd say you might want to slow down. :-)
  • edack72
    edack72 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Oh I understand this!!!!!!!
  • infamousmk
    Options
    I love all different beers! Sadly, my blood sugar doesn't. So I drink Miller Lite...a lot of it. On a hot day, nothing tastes better than an ice cold beer! And if it's really hot, those craft beers just make me feel blah. A light beer goes down nice and easy. So does the next one. LOL

I say, as long as you are still working out, and watching your calories, there is nothing wrong with enjoying! And as far as vacation goes...did you have a good time? Well then, that's all that should matter! Now, if you were taking vacations like that once a month, I'd say you might want to slow down. :-)

You know the term "craft" just refers to the quality of ingredients and the care and attention paid in the brewing process.. it doesn't automatically mean the beers are super heavy or crazy flavoured! If you like Coors Light, for example, any 'craft' pilsner or kolsch is going to taste and feel pretty much the same, but 1] you'll be supporting local small business (if you buy something produced locally) and 2] you eventually will be able to taste how much more *just plain delicious* a well-made beer is.
  • MinimizingMichelle
    MinimizingMichelle Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm beer.

Mmmm.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    is it bad that I'm reading this while sipping on some Fireball whiskey?
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I'm not much use, that sounds like an awesome way to binge to me:)