Beer binge. Bloody hell!

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Another for drinking better beer.

Also, if there is something worth binging on...it is beer.
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Beer is how I became such a fat ***. Seriously. I was drinking my calories everyday.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Beer is how I became such a fat ***. Seriously. I was drinking my calories everyday.

That's why liquor is soooooo much better :)
  • amberrea82
    amberrea82 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Oh delicious beer. I'm in that boat too. My daddy raised me right lol I can quite easily drink a case to myself and the boyfriend can too so there goes a 2-4. But we drink Canadian beer ;)
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every sh!tty and amazing story I've ever told starts with

Back when I was drinking.................
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options

I like to enjoy my buzz, haha. Not get piss drunk asap.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options

I like to enjoy my buzz, haha. Not get piss drunk asap.

Haha I enjoy riding a nice buzz, too, but I can't do beer. Makes my tummy feel ick.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Agreed. If you're going to blow calories on beer, better make it the good stuff.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I drink Budlight when it is hot, so often in Arizona. I do love Chainbreaker IPA. Give that a whirl.
    IPA...... sigh ......it has been to long
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Honestly, my favorite summer beer is Blue Moon with a slice of orange. But any hefeweizen is heavenly when it's hot. Rogue Ale makes a number of great craft beers. A friend of mine has a blog about beer he's tried: http://richonbeer.blogspot.com.

Having one or two won't kill your calorie log. But getting faced is a bad idea for anyone.
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I love me some beer, there are better tasting beers out there... there is nothing wrong with drinking bad cheap beer either. Miller, Bud, and coors all have a special place in my heart since they were there for me all those years were money was tight. Natty Ice you taste like skunk and cabbage but you serve a purpose. Guinness is not on my drinking list but Bass and Sam Adams Octoberfest/summer ale are.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every sh!tty and amazing story I've ever told starts with

Back when I was drinking.................

Or "when I got out of rehab"
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Also just about any lambic by Lindeman's is great. But drink tons of water. All that sugar makes for a nasty hangover, even for 2 glasses. So delicious though. Tastes pretty sweet.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    If you can get it where you live, Hell or High Watermelon (I think by 21st amendment brewery? Not sure and anything beer related is blocked at work) is AWESOME on a hot day. I cannot stand wheat beers, but HoHW is so so so so so good.

That beer is really good! I piked some up at whole foods once.
  • What316
    What316 Posts: 563
    Options
    American beers are week I couldn't believe how watery they are come here to Ireland and drink beer the way god intended beer to taste:)
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I drink coors light but paying less than 1$ per can helps but I usually stick to rum or whiskey
  • SarahSmilesCA
    SarahSmilesCA Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I agree with Bill - drink more flavourful beers and you'll drink less (and probably enjoy them more)...

YEP this...if you like drinking (and yeah I do sometimes) pick a day...and drink to your heart's content, but within your calories...

On every other day that you want beer go for something with flavor

I am finding that I really enjoy a small pint of craft beer and just barely get through it because it is so satisfying...drink it with something good to eat and it is really an enjoyable evening...

Love me some craft beer
  • SarahSmilesCA
    SarahSmilesCA Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    American beers are week I couldn't believe how watery they are come here to Ireland and drink beer the way god intended beer to taste:)

LOVE this quote, reminds me of the Friar on Kevin Costner's Robin Hood Movie...

Friar Tuck: This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker and glory to his bounty by learning about... BEER.
  • Dfracassa
    Dfracassa Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Ohh I know all about that. Yep, yep. My fiance and I are known to stroll downtown and sit outside and drink craft beer after craft beer on a restaurant patio. Oh, with food. Beer breeds burger cravings, I think.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Not a beer person but I love wine, champagne, vodka, gin, almost everything that isn't beer and have been really tempted too lately.