• kevinindelaware
    kevinindelaware Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Great job! Very inspirational!

Glad to hear it, Thanks!!
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    Awesome job! I've recently decided to go no meat. How was your experience?

Honestly, I don't miss it. I do pay attention to protein more than anything and make sure I'm getting my daily fill from other foods.
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    No flirting hot chick either...but am amazed at your motivation!!! Nice!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    That's really awesome!! way to go!

Thanks and congrats to you too..... Looks like you are killing it as well!!! Keep it up.
  • georgygirl
    georgygirl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Congrats for changing your lifestyle!!!!
  • sukifr
    sukifr Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Well done you!! that's a really great and inspirational story, I would love to find out when you reach your target - do you have a date in mind that you aiming for?

the idea of adding a minute a day to the elliptical trainer is a very good idea (derr why didn't I think of that?!)

Also when you say " Couple this with horrible foot choices late at night and it isn't difficult to understand why the above statements were dead on."
    I know what you mean - when ever I wear high heels then end up standing up all night in a bar, my ankles are the size of footballs and I think to myself 'hmm gotta stop making these horrible foot choices' :laugh:

Only kidding!! Well done and a very deserved pat on the back earned if every I heard one!
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Great job! congrats on both the food as the exercise choices!

Now my only question is: Do you want to spend 90 minutes a day on the elliptical every day for the rest of your life? If not, you might want to look into some strength training and HIIT (high intensity interval training). You can get the same results, or at least maintain with 45 minutes of training as well. Long bouts of cardio are not as helpfull as they seem.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Flirting *wink *wink.

Great Job by the way!!! You rock.
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Not so sure about the "hot chick" part, but I always enjoy a little flirting :tongue:

Congrats on your success so far.... You are an inspiration for making lifestyle changes!
  • holly273
    holly273 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! I'm so jealous, I could NEVER do that! For me it's not that I get tired, and more that I just get SO BORED!! I last about 25 minutes MAXIMUM (and that's doing intervals because even just 25 mins steady state bores me so much) before having to go lift heavy things instead (WAY more fun :)). What do you do about the boredom?! Also, is your 90 minutes steady state or intervals?

Also, I may disappoint on the "hot" front, but *flirt* *flirt* *flirt*...happy? :P
  • thewickedlifter
    Options
    Congrats! Making such big changes in a short amount of time is not easy! Keep setting goals and smashing them!
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! I started out the same way...nearly dying 5 minutes into my elliptical work out!

Awesome loss... Isn't it amazing to find things that weight 40lb and realize that you no longer have to lug it around on your body :P

Keep it up
    OMG yes!!!
  • lizcr13
    lizcr13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love this story! 90 minutes is amazing! I made it to 30 yesterday, the longest I've been able to go in one go so far. Former potato here trying to change too :) I like how you shared the new foods you eat too and your healthier diet, all around sucess!
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    You are an inspiration

Thank you , and you are clearly an inspiration as well.. .Great loss!!
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    Congrats for changing your lifestyle!!!!

Thank You!!
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    Well done you!! that's a really great and inspirational story, I would love to find out when you reach your target - do you have a date in mind that you aiming for?

the idea of adding a minute a day to the elliptical trainer is a very good idea (derr why didn't I think of that?!)

Also when you say " Couple this with horrible foot choices late at night and it isn't difficult to understand why the above statements were dead on."
    I know what you mean - when ever I wear high heels then end up standing up all night in a bar, my ankles are the size of footballs and I think to myself 'hmm gotta stop making these horrible foot choices' :laugh:

Only kidding!! Well done and a very deserved pat on the back earned if every I heard one!

LMAO!!
    Damn Ankles!!

My Only True Goal is to continue this lifestyle. If I reach 199 in 10 weeks or 6 months I'll be equally as happy!!
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    Great job! congrats on both the food as the exercise choices!

Now my only question is: Do you want to spend 90 minutes a day on the elliptical every day for the rest of your life? If not, you might want to look into some strength training and HIIT (high intensity interval training). You can get the same results, or at least maintain with 45 minutes of training as well. Long bouts of cardio are not as helpfull as they seem.

I appreciate you pointing this out. I have a couple "bad discs" in my lower back so I have to be careful what and how I lift. I have added crunches and pushups to my routine. I also hike with my dog once or twice a week. I'm probably going to add swimming as well.
  • Loriepx
    Loriepx Posts: 3
    Options
    Awesome job & I love my ellptical
  • Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Thanks to you and everyone else who said that elliptical machines are difficult. I thought I was just crazy that I couldn't do more than 2 minutes on that machine. I sent it with my daughter to college and the darn machine came home on Sunday. I hopped on this morning and could do 30 slow minutes. But by now I meet with collegues and a trainer 3 days a week and am running my first 5k in two weeks. So I'm in much better shape; still the elliptical is my nemesis. I will conquer that thing and increase my speed and resistance. As for the OP and the others on here - GREAT JOB! You have given me hope ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!