Coach Potato to 90 Mins on the Elliptical in 68days

Options

Replies

• febes1972
    febes1972 Posts: 24
    Options
    Amazing story!!! Congrats and keep up the good work!!!
  • kevinindelaware
    kevinindelaware Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Flirting *wink *wink.

Great Job by the way!!! You rock.

Hey Hey Hey!!!! Thanks!!! You Too!!
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Great dedication and awesome job!!!
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    Not so sure about the "hot chick" part, but I always enjoy a little flirting :tongue:

Congrats on your success so far.... You are an inspiration for making lifestyle changes!

AHHH.... Flirting keeps you young!!! Thank You!!
  • Jennjo322
    Jennjo322 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great Job...not a young hot chick but I know how hard that dang elliptical can be!! Keep it up!!!
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    Amazing job!! I'm so jealous, I could NEVER do that! For me it's not that I get tired, and more that I just get SO BORED!! I last about 25 minutes MAXIMUM (and that's doing intervals because even just 25 mins steady state bores me so much) before having to go lift heavy things instead (WAY more fun :)). What do you do about the boredom?! Also, is your 90 minutes steady state or intervals?

Also, I may disappoint on the "hot" front, but *flirt* *flirt* *flirt*...happy? :P

I've tried everything from music, music with headphones, Tv, News, Talking on the Phone, Reading.... and now finally. NETFLIX on my Galaxy Tab on the console of the Elliptical. I've been watching Stand up comedy. Tom Green is hilarious. Just watched Pulp Fiction... It's my go to right now. I actually read your post too quick.. I thought you asked what do I do about the bedroom? lol.

Flirt Flirt Wink Wink :)~
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    Congrats! Making such big changes in a short amount of time is not easy! Keep setting goals and smashing them!

Thank you!!
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    I love this story! 90 minutes is amazing! I made it to 30 yesterday, the longest I've been able to go in one go so far. Former potato here trying to change too :) I like how you shared the new foods you eat too and your healthier diet, all around sucess!

Thank You!! and way to go... Once you break 30 you can go as far as you want... Just have to fight the boredom!! But the results are so worth it!! Keep it up!!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Pics or it didn't happen :tongue:

Just kidding! That is awesome. It's amazing how much effect changing your drinking habits can have on your health! Feeling healthy makes me not want to drink to excess as often because I don't want to skip a workout from a hang over.

Good luck with the next leg of your journey!
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    Awesome job & I love my ellptical

Thank you!! I do too
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    Thanks to you and everyone else who said that elliptical machines are difficult. I thought I was just crazy that I couldn't do more than 2 minutes on that machine. I sent it with my daughter to college and the darn machine came home on Sunday. I hopped on this morning and could do 30 slow minutes. But by now I meet with collegues and a trainer 3 days a week and am running my first 5k in two weeks. So I'm in much better shape; still the elliptical is my nemesis. I will conquer that thing and increase my speed and resistance. As for the OP and the others on here - GREAT JOB! You have given me hope ;)

Congrats on the 5K and keep it Going!!! Thanks
  • dmaloof2013
    dmaloof2013 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! This makes me want to get back in the saddle again.... I have really been slacking off, and any weight loss I had in hegating itself. Thanks for the inspiration today :happy:
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    Amazing story!!! Congrats and keep up the good work!!!

Thanks... You Too!
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    Great dedication and awesome job!!!

Thank you very much!!
  • carolose46
    carolose46 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Good for you! you son will look at you as a great example. wish you all the best!
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    Great Job...not a young hot chick but I know how hard that dang elliptical can be!! Keep it up!!!

Thank you!!
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    Pics or it didn't happen :tongue:

Just kidding! That is awesome. It's amazing how much effect changing your drinking habits can have on your health! Feeling healthy makes me not want to drink to excess as often because I don't want to skip a workout from a hang over.

Good luck with the next leg of your journey!

I'm actually mad I didn't take a fat pic... but honestly, I was too embarrassed!!
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    Awesome job! This makes me want to get back in the saddle again.... I have really been slacking off, and any weight loss I had in hegating itself. Thanks for the inspiration today :happy:

Go For it... Start Now!!
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    Good for you! you son will look at you as a great example. wish you all the best!

Thank you ... and I know..
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    That is how ya do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!