Sheepishly asking the same question everyone asks...

Options
2»

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    DON'T QUIT!

Pretty much this. First, I checked you r log and you are making some great choices and are failry consistent. I would keep up the same routine for another 4 weeks and see how it goes. You can always adjust calories a few hundred after that point if you need. You certainly aren't harming your body by what you are doing and you see cardio and other fitness related advanced no matter what. Also, look for non-scale victories (NSV's) like clothes fitting looser or looking thinner in the face. Sometimes you can have big NSV changes and still not see much scale movement.

Good luck
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Since May 1 you have only eaten 1700-1800 for 4 days. All other days you were considerably under that. Also, your body is under stress, you just started an attack on it by exercising and dieting. Do not obsess so much with the macros. Right now you should focus on calories. If scoobie gave you 1800, then set it at 1740 and try to hit that at least. You can always eat tablespoons of real peanut butter at night to reach the number. Drink a lot of water. Add fresh fruits for snacks. Sleep and try to relax. Do not obsess with macros or overcalculating too much. Also, because you are doing the TDEE that includes exercise, when you log the exercise in mfp put the calories burnt as 1. Otherwise it readjusts the macros in the food log for the day based on the extra calories earned from exercise. Custom set the goals to net calories consumed at 1740 and do not add the calories burnt.
    [/quote]

This is great - thank you so much for helping me out! I love the idea of loggings calories burnt as 1 - that makes things so much simpler when trying to figure out how much to eat every day. I'm going to add more healthy calories to hit that magic number for a few weeks and keep on keeping on.

I can't thank you guys enough for the support - I don't know if I could do it without all the awesome people on here sharing what they know!!