Death...what do you think about it--or do you?

Options

Replies

• TehNoms
    TehNoms Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am ready. I am not scared. I just hope I am not reincarnated into something awful. Bring on the next life, this one sucks.
  • Pamella513
    Pamella513 Posts: 72
    Options
    I am no longer afraid to die. I know that when I die, I will go to Heaven where I will get to see my son again. The thought of that makes death not so upsetting for me........that's not to say I want to die anytime soon. I have my other two children and my husband and I want to be with them for as long as I can.

I do, however, wonder if he will recognize me or if I will recognize him. Willing to wait and see.....we'll have eternity
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Death is the reason life can be so sweet. With out it there is no true life.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Sine morte, nulla vitae.
  • Fish_Fuzz
    Fish_Fuzz Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My psychic friend told me I would live forever....so far so good!
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    This is a pretty interesting subject and thread. I love the pragmatists in the bunch and very much identify with that. It is a shame that our culture in particular has made death a taboo subject. Everything is SO sanitized where it is concerned. As a result, the OP thinks it is okay to pass judgement on how someone else deals with a death. It's as individual and private as religion, birth plans, marriage, etc.
    I've even heard people describe healthcare workers as "hard boiled" because they can address sickness and issues surrounding grief and death without breaking down. How backwards. Where would we be without people who can be calm and practical in these situations? Showing compassion does not mean mustering your best sad face.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Death is the constant in our lives. It happens to every one of us sooner or later. It's like snuffing out a candle, and we are remembered by our friends and family and sometimes by the change we make in our surrounding world. That's it, and that's enough, one should live the best life one can and go with no regrets.
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I think everyone thinks about it some way or another...

It is around us a lot at times so it is hard to ignore, but I think it is unhealthy to obsess over it, or worry about it.

Everyone would like to avoid it, but unfortunately, it happens.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I'm a Christian so naturally I know I'm going to heaven. However, that does not mean I want to go now. I think you shouldn't worry about dying and live everyday to the fullest.

:smooched: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart: :smooched: :heart: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou::drinker: :smooched:

I am a Christian and I believe this too.
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    "Seasons don't fear the reaper, nor do the wind, the sun or the rain"--neither should we.
    However, I do believe that we continue to exist beyond death; I just don't know how. Nothing ever really dies.
  • hidensee
    hidensee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Speaking as an oncology nurse who has been privileged to bear witness to the death of many patients, It can be a beautiful moment. It is however the only thing that we can count on from the moment we are born. None of us will escape it. Some of us will be lucky enough to accept and embrace the journey without fear, and die peacefully with the ones we love surrounding us. Hopefully during my life I will have made a difference in the lives of those around me and touched their hearts with mine. That is how you live on here. I am also certain that there is something after this life. I just don't know what.
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    "Memento mori" -- remember your mortality.

Death sucks, but it's going to happen. I'd rather worry about how I live my life now than be concerned with the inevitable.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I think death is a fascinating topic. It happens to all of us. I will die, you will die. It's only a matter of time, and it could come today or many decades from now.

Yet, people ignore it. They live like they are immortal. So many people my age want to believe that figuring out the "meaning of life" is something they'll get around to later, but the reality is that we are not guaranteed a single day.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I believe it doesn't matter what I believe in the matter. What happens is what happens.
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Options
    When I was working at a Nursing home, I over heard two residents talking and one said "the moment you're born you're already dying." I was thinking WOW. I never thought of it that way.

But I don't like to think about death, I do, but I choose not to. It was heartbreaking enough when my husband said to me, "You know, one day, we're never gonna see each other again.."
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I just know that we better appreciate the life we are so grateful to have before its gone! As for death and afterlife.. the unknown scares me.
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Yolo and then you die.

I have the feeling you haven't been touched by death a lot yet.. One day when death does come and visit you, or worse, one of your loved ones, I hope you remember you posted this. To give you an example, I'm sitting here at my desk, reading your post, looking at my mom's devotional picture who passed away two weeks ago and just shake my head.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I think death is a fascinating topic. It happens to all of us. I will die, you will die. It's only a matter of time, and it could come today or many decades from now.

Yet, people ignore it. They live like they are immortal. So many people my age want to believe that figuring out the "meaning of life" is something they'll get around to later, but the reality is that we are not guaranteed a single day.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Yolo and then you die.

I have the feeling you haven't been touched by death a lot yet.. One day when death does come and visit you, or worse, one of your loved ones, I hope you remember you posted this. To give you an example, I'm sitting here at my desk, reading your post, looking at my mom's devotional picture who passed away two weeks ago and just shake my head.

i don't think that is fair to say. i have witnessed death (the suicide i posted about), been beside my grandfather at his bedside as he died slowly over a couple of weeks, been to a funeral for the daughter of my cousin who was only 7 but had serious developmental complications her whole life, been to the funeral of a friend in high school who was hit by a train, my partners grandmothers funeral, my great uncle, my ex-boyfriend has passed away.

and i am really of the mindframe that we are too insignificant to know if there is anything after. i completely agree with the simplicity of it. yolo...and then you die.
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Yolo and then you die.

i don't think that is fair to say. i have witnessed death (the suicide i posted about), been beside my grandfather at his bedside as he died slowly over a couple of weeks, been to a funeral for the daughter of my cousin who was only 7 but had serious developmental complications her whole life, been to the funeral of a friend in high school who was hit by a train, my partners grandmothers funeral, my great uncle, my ex-boyfriend has passed away.

and i am really of the mindframe that we are too insignificant to know if there is anything after. i completely agree with the simplicity of it. yolo...and then you die.

It's not about the simplicity. This kid didn't post it because he was being sincere, but because he thought he was being funny. That may be so, but I think its pretty harsh. There are different ways to express that you live and then you die (which is exactly what I wrote earlier). Its about the manner in which you show respect about the subject.

And just to be clear, from where I'm standing, its very fair to say.