I'm losing my mojo :(

2»

Replies

• honigbubble
    honigbubble Posts: 22 Member
    I say no shame in it, because you had the balls to log it all, sometimes when I know I've gone over I'll write the whole day off, but you logged it and feeling dreadful isn't going to help now! Just think to yourself that you deserved those extra 100 cals and next time you have a loss on the scales your mojo will come straight back.
  • MaryPoppinsIAint
    MaryPoppinsIAint Posts: 157 Member
    *pokes loss ticker* See that? I've got a LOT further to go, but it's no small potatoes for a start. My calorie goal is just over 1900, and I have a nursing toddler, so really I eat in the neighborhood of 2200 a day, and that meets TDEE-20%. I allow myself a freebie day now & then too. By "now & then", I mean 1 day out of every 10, literally plotted on my calendar, where I'm allowed to eat anything I want (within reason, I'm not sitting down with a tub of ben&jerrys here), all day, without concerning myself over calories or portions or sodium etc. I schedule outings, date nights, etc for those days as much as possible, and tweak the date if something special is happening on what should be a normal day. So if my freebie day is Saturday, but there's a family celebration on Thursday, I'll swap the days and just go longer until my next freebie.

Guilt is a useless emotion. Worse than useless, in this situation, because it triggers the very behavior patterns we're trying to change. So, okay, you pigged out a little. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start over. Every tomorrow is a new chance to get it right.