Should my net calories be my bmr ? Confused

Options
So I am 5'7, female and 130 Ish pounds. My bmr is 1450 ISh. I've been eating 1600 calories a day (around there sometimes a little more a little less) so when I exercise and burn 2-400 calories which brings my net from 1600-400= 1200 Net calories. Is that okay? Or am I supposed to net at 1450? If so, can't I just eat 1450 And not exercise to lose weight? I am very confused. I'd like to lose 1.5 pounds a week. Thank you

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    1 1/2 lbs per week ? I weigh the same as you and am at the same height. How much more weight are you looking to lose here? When you don't have much to lose, 1 1/2 lbs per week isn't a very realistic goal to have.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    IMHO, you don't need to go on a "diet". My guess is that you aren't pleased with your body composition...maybe a bit more BF relative to your lean mass. I would advise you to eat maintenance and start lifting weights...it's the only way you're going to change our body composition...no amount of diet or exercise will do it. If you must cut, make it very small...like no more than 1/2 Lb per week loss goal.
  • BernardPumpkin
    Options
    jus work out until u lose 500 cals. do this everyday. u will lose one pound a week. to lose an extra .5, u can jus cut 250 from ur bmr cals :)
  • millaxoxo
    millaxoxo Posts: 30
    Options
    I would like to be 123 ( I store all my fat in my stomach which is really unattractive) I was just wondering if I am supposed to net at 1450 after exercising
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    So I am 5'7, female and 130 Ish pounds. My bmr is 1450 ISh. I've been eating 1600 calories a day (around there sometimes a little more a little less) so when I exercise and burn 2-400 calories which brings my net from 1600-400= 1200 Net calories. Is that okay? Or am I supposed to net at 1450? If so, can't I just eat 1450 And not exercise to lose weight? I am very confused. I'd like to lose 1.5 pounds a week. Thank you

Last month you were 129lb and 5'8"! Get height and weight straight first. then go at scoobie's and set your weight loss to 5%, or better lose fat gain muscle. I would think that you do not really need to lose weight, just tone and be firm. Try doing blogilates.com

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • millaxoxo
    Options
    Well I'm technically 5'7 and a half but like calling myself 5'8 to feel taller! Haha
  • Alta2000
    Options
    Well I'm technically 5'7 and a half but like calling myself 5'8 to feel taller! Haha

You should not lose any weight. You are in the perfect weight point. Maintain 1900 calories daily. You just need to do ab exercises, strengthen the core, and any spot areas. Blogilates, or any videos that you can get on youtube. Do not do turbofire/ 30ds shred, etc. You really need more basic core exercises to tone the ab area.
  • millaxoxo
    Options
    I do planks and ab workouts 2-3x a week and no progress plus I thought you can't spot reduce areas? I don't really care about the weight id just like to lose this dumb layer of fat on my stomach
  • Alta2000
    Options
    I do planks and ab workouts 2-3x a week and no progress plus I thought you can't spot reduce areas? I don't really care about the weight id just like to lose this dumb layer of fat on my stomach

It is not about spot reducing but about toning. You need to do abs and core overall exercise. Check skinny fat to understand it

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/994327-skinny-fat-vs-skinny-fit?hl=skinny+fat#posts-15206703

That's why I recommended to do http://www.blogilates.com/?s=abs