Why did you start?

Options
12346»

Replies

• nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    When I got on the scale in January. I almost had a heart attack. when it read 240. started that day trying to lose weight. lost 33 lbs. so far.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I just got fed up being fat again. I have never been slim or happy with my body anyway but after each baby I try to get back in shape a bit until I'm comfortable. After I stopped feeding my youngest the weight piled on and there didn't seem to be anything I could do to stop it! I had to buy bigger clothes and I was miserable. Then I found MFP and realized all the 'healthy' foods I was eating weren't so healthy after all and so far its going great. I've learn't so much about weight loss that I'd never have known if it wasn't for the message boards on here.
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I knew I was fat, and I needed to lose... and that didn't do it..
    My knees were screaming at me for help .. and that didn't do it

December 22, 2012 I was told I was diabetic, and I thought, No, hell NO, I am not going to be diabetic!

So here I am...
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I used to wear size 28 pants, and S shirt.

... Then one day I woke up with size 40 pants and a XL shirt. Hmm.

Yeah, that's why.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 and I wanted to be fit and healthier.
  • rhiannaenders
    Options
    I have been fat for way too long! I finally quit smoking and now is the time to take care of myself. I have an 8 yr old son and a pretty great husband that I need to be around for. I have PCOS and have lost 3 babies because of it. I've let that depression take over and my emotions dictate the food I was eating. I never realized just how out of control my eating habits are. I have a family history of Diabetes and heart disease so being fat is not a great idea. I have been here for a month and it has been an eye-opener. I look forward to seeing some results in the near future. :)
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    tagging for later.
  • PartyPerson
    PartyPerson Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I kept saying I wish was slim and pretty...then I realised that in the real world we have to work for our wishes to come true...

then as my weight dropped my confidence grew and I realised that I'd always been pretty.
  • talk2elles
    talk2elles Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It sounds really vain, but I started after seeing a really, really horrible photo of me with my daughter on her birthday. I deleted it promptly but I shouldn't delete photos of me and my daughter because of the way I look
  • Symphony6
    Symphony6 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Between 3 pregnancies and my ice cream addiction, my weight got wayyy out of hand. 278 at my highest. Sex was uncomfortable and I felt like a whale. I had resorted to a wardrobe of hoodies, XXL shirts and yoga pants -- even in summer. I haven't worn a swimsuit in 9 years.

Things have already changed though. I bought a swimsuit and plan on using it. I also bought some jeans and nice new shirts. People are starting to notice...and hubby and I have REALLY noticed :wink: :bigsmile:

Congrats to all of you for beginning. :flowerforyou:
  • Kellihulst
    Kellihulst Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    So I could stop shopping at stores that sell old lady clothes and start shopping at stores that sell trendy age appropriate clothing, so I could tie my shoes without being uncomfortable, so I can one day have a baby.
    You CAN and you WILL!!!!
  • CantStopWontStop92
    CantStopWontStop92 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    vanity (I hate to admit that). My ex's sister and people I thought were my close friends said I "wasn't pretty enough" to break up with him, despite it being a horrible, manipulative relationship. After that, I told myself that I wouldn't let people get me down like that, and I started killing it at the gym.

Saw him for the first time in 2 years this last weekend, and his jaw visibly dropped. So worth all the hard work :happy:
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    - To be healthy and avoid high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. A road that I was headed towards.
    - To set a good example for my son for exercise and healthy eating.
    - To get rid of my double chin and not delete any more pictures because I'm embarrassed for others to see them.
    - To have a toned body.
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I was fat.
    The extra weight made my chronic pain worse.
    I was fat.
    I did not really need another reason.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I might start telling people I'm on the tapeworm diet. As an added bonus I might make them throw up. :wink: