Losing It With Jillian

2»

Replies

• lexicalabrese
    lexicalabrese Posts: 200 Member
    I was supposed to be on that show...went through the process and they brought us to LA, yada yada, said we'd know by mid-March if we got it or not aaaaand...nothing. Still haven't heard from them regardless of the fact that I've e-mailed them several times just asking for SOME answer. Obviously it's a no, but how rude, eh?

I didn't watch the show and I don't think I want to. I'm happy being bitter :grumble:

Oh, no way! That sucks! Oh well... Look at it this way, Lexi... You're too damn skinny for that show anyway! :tongue:

Hahaha well I am NOW, but I wasn't when I auditioned! I was 45 pounds heavier than I am now when I auditioned...oh well, it comforts me to know that people who really really really needed it were able to get the spots! I've managed to lose it all on my own anyway, so I guess I didn't really need Jillian after all :)
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Its on in a few here... on the fence w/ watching... JM scream in someone face when previewed on BL!
  • EboniA
    EboniA Posts: 181 Member
    I still have to wait 40 more min. I can't stay up that late so I'll catch it tomorrow. Sleep is important, right? :wink:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    I still have to wait 40 more min. I can't stay up that late so I'll catch it tomorrow. Sleep is important, right? :wink:
    Sleep IS important, plus you can watch it tomorrow on the Net:wink:

have a good sleep,
    Becca:flowerforyou:
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    I haven't read all the other posts so this is a bump and my opinion :laugh: Just watched and liked it but I was a little disappointed. I felt like it was a little scripted or something. I guess not scripted but directed. I also wish they would show more food stuff, show people what to eat more then just shopping in the produce section. I guess I was really hoping for a little different format then the Biggest Loser and it didn't seem that different. It seems to be a great show and I LOVE Jillian! :flowerforyou: I can't wait to see what everyone else had to say.
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Love this show! Didn't watch all of it cuz I do have to sleep but I will be watching it in its entirety tonite.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Don't let it discourage you. I watched both Jillian's new show and biggest loser. It is intense for tv but the honesty behind why we fill holes with food are there to learn from. They are taking the fast road to health, but the slow and steady reach their goals too. Often with more success because of their growth along the way. Pick out what is useful from these shows and move at your own pace. But don't let it overwhelm you. Keep up the good work, keep it interesting, educational and fun.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    it's going to re-run in our area tonight, so if you missed it last night, check out your local listings and see if you can find it on NBC tonight.. I did watch, and it's a great show, but would like to see some more of the family working at the weight loss, instead of the 1st day at the gym with her screaming at them. sad about the baby...made me cry. the wedding was gorgeous.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    it's going to re-run in our area tonight, so if you missed it last night, check out your local listings and see if you can find it on NBC tonight.. I did watch, and it's a great show, but would like to see some more of the family working at the weight loss, instead of the 1st day at the gym with her screaming at them. sad about the baby...made me cry. the wedding was gorgeous.
    I hear ya guys on wanting to see more about what got them to the '6 weeks after' but in my thoughts, not to bad for an hour show. I found it far more realistic for those of us out here in the real world than BL. It didn't hit me as scripted, now that's not to say it wasn't and that to others it did feel that way, I was into the feelings of the family and each of them being in a tough spot needing their parents as the head of the family. When the parents finally realized they'd not been able to be united because of the loss of the baby and having never talked about it, well that took a turn and in my heart when I first heard about the stone marker not being there for the baby, my heart ached. I had a feeling Jillian would suggest and that the family would end up putting one up, that seemed to be such a huge turning point, that conversation.

Looks like that's what her show might be about, finding out the root of why you overeat and the source of the pain. It's only an hour show and to have to condense someone's whole life of pain in less than 40 minutes (minus comms) that would be tough.

I think they pulled it off grandly. I do hope the rest of the shows are this good. The next one scares me a bit!!! I've seen the hoarding shows and how difficult a habit it is to break, deep Psychological issues, well beyond simply needing to get busy and clean. Tough to think it can be all better for that woman in 6 weeks. But it's a start, and I guess that's all one can expect on a TV show.

My apologies for the length, I had no clue what to expect on this new show and so far with just this one episode I'm hopeful it can touch alot of lives at home in a more realistic way. We shall see right? :)

Looking forward to hearing more about how others feel as the series continues!:flowerforyou:
    Becca:heart:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Love this show! Didn't watch all of it cuz I do have to sleep but I will be watching it in its entirety tonite.
    Enjoy! Can't wait to hear what you think of it :)
    Becca
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Don't let it discourage you. I watched both Jillian's new show and biggest loser. It is intense for tv but the honesty behind why we fill holes with food are there to learn from. They are taking the fast road to health, but the slow and steady reach their goals too. Often with more success because of their growth along the way. Pick out what is useful from these shows and move at your own pace. But don't let it overwhelm you. Keep up the good work, keep it interesting, educational and fun.
    Wow, you worded this so wonderfully, gonna try and keep this in mind when parts do get overwhelming as they sometimes do.

The gym part at the beginings started out fast and furious and BAM! But knowing she would only be with them 1 week, it really couldn't go any other way. Loved how the other members (the daughter mainly at the begining, then the son) pushed the Mom on the first gym scene. Then Jillian gave the Mom a voice by letting her yell at the next session, probably meant more to the Mom than we'll ever fully understand. I think that's the tough part about these shows, the gaps and holes we aren't privy too. Then we have to try and piece it together and make sense of it. I think I might be able to since it's only one family a time with Jillian there for only 1 week.

The BL covers such a time span I've not watched a full episode/season in quite sometime. It's to long for me. I do though, love to see the first show and another show part way through the season and then the last couple shows. lol But then again I do that on at times with Idol as well. I like to see positive changes but hate the ugly fighting stuff.:ohwell:

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    I did like the show a lot..maybe at the end of the summer they'll show all the families she's stayed with and do a little finale or update on how they're doing..
  • lexicalabrese
    lexicalabrese Posts: 200 Member
    I giggled a little bit when Jillian got all excited for the mom yelling at the dad HAHA. She was like a little kid in a candy store :laugh:
  • EboniA
    EboniA Posts: 181 Member
    I finally watched it. Wow, that was pretty intense. I loved how Jillian made the mom push the dad. Brilliant! But boy did I cry and cry when they talked about losing their son. It's so interesting how you can go back to when it all started and pinpoint what happened.

I couldn't figure mine out until I saw that. I had a miscarriage at 23. My mom had me at 23 and I was ready to be a mom too. I grieved on my own but because it was so early in the preganancy, it just kind of went away in other people's minds. I wasn't married and my boyfriend was a jerk about all of it. That is when the weight really started coming on, slowly but surely. I sobbed at my own realization but then I felt this profound relief. I finally know!
This discussion has been closed.