Crazy Salad Combinations

Options

Replies

• madwill77
    madwill77 Posts: 8
    Options
    I had a Mediterranean Kale Salad for lunch - grilled chicken, romaine lettuce, kale, kalamata olives, a tiny bit of feta, tomato, finely chopped red onion and an olive oil-based dressing. Yum!
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Spinach, roasted pepitas, mixed dried berries, reduced fat blue cheese and raspberry vinegarette.

Or another good one.

Shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, cilantro green onions, diced yellow pepper, chicken breast and a light asian dressing all wrapped in a flat out...yummy.
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Grilled portabello mushrooms, grilled beets, grilled tomatoes, chopped warm on a bed of mixed greens. Top with a little light feta crumble and balsamic vinaigrette.

Enjoy!!
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Forgot this one
    Grilled chicken, tomato, cucumber, garbanzo beans, green onions, peppers, avocado, salsa and mixed greens. Top with feta and garlic leek dressing
  • SarahDavs
    SarahDavs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I love pomegranate seeds, diced apple, peas and ham in romaine lettuce salads with shredded cheese and honey mustard dressing.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I used to load up romaine with flank steak, craisins, pumpkin seeds, shredded carrots, boiled red potatoes, and bacon, with a roasted red pepper dressing. Epic salad.

I've also had a Moroccan inspired salad with dates, cubed squash, almonds, and grilled chicken.
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I like grilled chicken, apples, strawberries, blueberries, blue cheese or feta cheese on mixed greens.
    I also like grilled chicken, apples, walnuts and blue cheese on mixed greens.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I had what they called a "Bistro" salad last weekend. I have to say, its one of my favorites.
    Some kind of red leafy greens, walnuts, cranberries, feta, vinegarette, there wasn't any crutons on it.
    Oh my gosh, it was so good. Not heavy feeling in the belly either. The heavy feeling came from what followed.
    A pistacio crusted calamari steak, with way too much butter on it.
  • H_G_lucky
    H_G_lucky Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    My latest favorite salad dressing is chocolate balsamic vinegar mixed with blood orange olive oil. Yummy!!!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    There's a pizza shop in my town that does all sorts of crazy pizzas (their slogan is "ON A PIZZA?") and you can get any pizza as a salad. Here's a few of my favorite combos:

Traditional pizza: mozzarella, pepperoni, mushrooms, olives, bell peppers, red onion, pizza sauce, and basil.

Hawaiian: mozzarella, pizza sauce, red onion, pineapple, and ham.

Cheeseburger: ground beef, pickles, onions, and shredded cheddar cheese.

Italian: salami, provolone, green olives, capers.

Nacho: seasoned meat (I like chicken, carnitas, or ground turkey), black or pinto beans, black olives, avocado, shredded cheese, and LOTS of pico de gallo or salsa.

I freaking love salad and could go on and on and on...
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lhourin
    lhourin Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Baby spinach, fresh sliced mango, balsamic & olive oil, and pecans (candied pecans are really good, but IMO, the mango is plenty of sugar in this). Delish! This is always a party hit.
  • lhourin
    lhourin Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Also love my "sandwich salad" for a quick dinner: baby spinach (or lettuce), topped with Boar's Head OvenGold turkey meat, diced provolone or grated cheddar, dill relish, mustard and some homemade mayo. So savory and easy.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Romaine lettuce or baby spinach (whatever I'm more in the mood for!), tomatoes, red pepper, red onion, cucumber, avocado, goat cheese, and blueberries with a raspberry vinaigrette!

The avocado and goat cheese part is my favourite..
  • bestmeicanbe84
    bestmeicanbe84 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    My favorite right now is:
    2 cups spinach
    1/3 cup corn
    1/4 avocado, sliced
    1 tbsp. bacon bits
    2 tbsp. yogurt ranch dressing
    2 tbsp. salsa
    1/3 cup black beans

Absolutely delicious.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Had this tonight - yum:
    Pumpkin & Feta salad

Feta, 50 g
    Mesculin Greens, 2 cups (mixed lettuce leaves)
    Tomatoes - Sun-dried, 0.5 cup - chopped into little bits
    Pumpkin - Roasted cubes, 2 cups
    Baby Spinach (Fresh Pack), 40 g
    Onions - Spring or scallions (includes tops and bulb), raw, 4 medium (4-1/8" long)
    Burpless Cucumber - Seedless Cucumber, 2 cup

Can also add pine nuts or slivered almonds but calories go up accordingly!
  • Nuccia2012
    Nuccia2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Popped Popcorn,Diced Celery,Diced Onion,Water Chestnuts,Slivered Almonds,Bacon Bits,Shredded Cheddar Cheese,Poppyseed Salad Dressing

I never thought of putting popcorn on my salad, and I make some out-of-the-box combinations. Thanks for the great idea.

This isn't a crazy combination, but it is my go-to salad during the week: a bag of chopped romaine, feta, an entire diced apple, a cup of broccoli slaw or rainbow salad, 6 oz protein, and raspberry vinaigrette mixed with a bit of dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar (to stretch the dressing).
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    bump...these sound amazing but gotta get to work