240 days and nada! I need some new friends...

Options

Replies

• iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Needy, whiny and high maintenance.

Pass.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Look....

i have an awesome FL....sometimes when I post something there's crickets....i don't care...they can't be on here ALL the time....and I know they wish me well in spirit, if not in helvetica.

but you know what....when I really need them, they are there...

but it's reciprocal....when they really need me...i try to be there...

i'm thinking that if you are getting crickets, then they feel that they are getting crickets from you....

like attracts like...so what are YOU doing to make sure your FL is fully supportive?

Calling them out like this isn't a very good indicator to be honest....

Jus sayin.

This is just what I was thinking. What do you do to interact with your FL? Personally I haven't found that I really need to friend anyone for specific help or support, my family is very supportive. But if you want interaction they you need to instigate it yourself, I'm sure your friends will respond. PS don't be whiny, no one likes that, you may find your friends dropping you.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Way too high maintenance for me.

You can ask anyone on my FL how much I post on their daily logins, their completed food diaries and their exercise and I bet all of them would tell you its a big fat ZERO. I do not randomly say WTG, and I rarely if ever tell them to exercise. I do not see any reason to say those things for doing something everyday that they should be doing, and I do not expect them to say it to me. Its nice when they do but its not expected.

Hell I never even expect them to comment on my status updates or write on my wall because I often forget I have a wall, and I kind of suck as a friend.

If you are unhappy, just delete them and find new friends who have the same outlook on life and lifestyle change you have. Its really simple, you don't need to call your friends list out in the forums...

me wanting to squeeeeeeeeeeeeeze you every time i see your name is enough.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Just FYI, I find it very off-putting to check the profile of an individual soliciting for friends, only to find this message "so-and-so's profile is viewable by her friends only". I send friend requests to people who spark my interest or with whom I feel I have something in common. If I wanted to make friends with people I know absolutely nothing about, I'll put an ad on Craigslist.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Way too high maintenance for me.

You can ask anyone on my FL how much I post on their daily logins, their completed food diaries and their exercise and I bet all of them would tell you its a big fat ZERO. I do not randomly say WTG, and I rarely if ever tell them to exercise. I do not see any reason to say those things for doing something everyday that they should be doing, and I do not expect them to say it to me. Its nice when they do but its not expected.

Hell I never even expect them to comment on my status updates or write on my wall because I often forget I have a wall, and I kind of suck as a friend.

If you are unhappy, just delete them and find new friends who have the same outlook on life and lifestyle change you have. Its really simple, you don't need to call your friends list out in the forums...

me wanting to squeeeeeeeeeeeeeze you every time i see your name is enough.

:heart: :heart: I am a pretty hard person to not want to sqeeze but I am glad thats enough because somedays I suck lol
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Look....

i have an awesome FL....sometimes when I post something there's crickets....i don't care...they can't be on here ALL the time....and I know they wish me well in spirit, if not in helvetica.

i'm thinking that if you are getting crickets, then they feel that they are getting crickets from you....

like attracts like...so what are YOU doing to make sure your FL is fully supportive?

Jus sayin.

I was going to comment then realized that my AWESOME FRIEND here said everything I was thinking! :flowerforyou:
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Just FYI, I find it very off-putting to check to profile of an individual soliciting for friends, only to find this message "so-and-so's profile is viewable by her friends only". I send friend requests to people who spark my interest or with whom I feel I have something in common. If I wanted to make friends with people I know absolutely nothing about, I'll put an ad on Craigslist.

YES. this. Totally agree about the profile thing.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I know they wish me well in spirit, if not in helvetica.
    This was so cool I wish I'd said it.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize you were getting serious about your health and fitness to receive praise from others.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    if it was all about commenting on number of days checked in, I'd have no friends, because I no longer comment on those. Or food diaries.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    They don't notice anything I do anyway, so I'm alienating them how? You think they're gonna notice this? I don't...

Why do you keep them as friends if they don't fulfill their part of the friendship? Is it really necessary to openly call them out for not supporting you? Your methods don't really inspire me to want to be your friend. I would honestly rather you just cut me if you aren't satisfied with our friendship than to blast me in the forums. But good luck with that.

This. Then you also create a second post to blast the responses you got on this thread.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Look....

Jus sayin.

I was going to comment then realized that my AWESOME FRIEND here said everything I was thinking! :flowerforyou:

YOUR AWESOME FRIEND thinks you are FANTASTICALLY AWESOME also!
  • jeslaughter
    jeslaughter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You sound very high maintenance...

this is not fair, we all are high maintenance at one point or another,..now when op needed encouragement and support it is not high maintenance, on a site like this it should be expected and never ...never a nasty response! What is wrong with some of you people...not everyone is the same as you, or your friend, we all need this as a positive thing and not to be bashed for asking for positive help and support..
  • GreenChile3
    GreenChile3 Posts: 65
    Options
    Sorry but this is why i dont have any friends on MFP. Not because of anyone here and not because I'm a jerk or anything but I hardly have time to log my food and exercise and then hit the forums for advice. If i was someone's friend, i would feel so bad about not giving them the attention and support they need.
  • BernardPumpkin
    Options
    yall can add me :D
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I comment on log in posts, but if you think about it they don't mean much. It just means you logged in. You didn't have to do any activity, you didn't have to log food, etc. You just had to log in.
  • kitticus15
    kitticus15 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I may not comment on every little thing that happens but I also do not expect to receive comments either, ( if I get comments they make me feel great though) but what I get from this site is INSPIRATION....

I see people logging in daily...
    I see people regularly eating under target...
    I see people doing exercise...

ALL that motivates me to do more...

that's just my opinion and if I fit the bill as a friend for someone, then yes, add me...

but for the rest...

Good Luck with your health, fitness and weightloss goals...
  • cosmic8o8
    cosmic8o8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    if it was all about commenting on number of days checked in, I'd have no friends, because I no longer comment on those. Or food diaries.

^This. If I happen to notice something interesting on posts when I log in, then I'll comment. For the most part, I use this site to log my food/exercise and hit the forums. I rarely go back to my homepage after logging in. For people on my FL, I enjoy looking at their food/exercise diaries to get pointers or fresh ideas. I don't care if they comment on my activities since I'll still be doing those activities regardless. If I get deleted by people, I really don't care.
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Just FYI, I find it very off-putting to check the profile of an individual soliciting for friends, only to find this message "so-and-so's profile is viewable by her friends only". I send friend requests to people who spark my interest or with whom I feel I have something in common. If I wanted to make friends with people I know absolutely nothing about, I'll put an ad on Craigslist.

Totally agree.
  • danigurl2012
    Options
    i care! im so proud of you and dont even know u!
This discussion has been closed.