why do I feel I must do Cardio?

Options
2»

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info guys

My plan is to do my run prior to my lifting, not after,so that I have enough strength to do everything I want to do!! This is sure to get me in tip top shape

excited about this. Cant wait to start seeing results!!

I would actually recommend lifting first if you're going to do them on the same day. Form is critical when you're lifting heavy weights, so you need to be as fresh as possible.
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    definately know the feeling. I feel if I do not spin I am not burning enough calories.
    This is what I found out,
    1. when I do push ups and body pump I am not as hungry as when I spin.

2nd I became much fitter from floor work and lifting than all the spinning.

3. Constant cardio makes you very tired and hungry.

I do still spin but I went from 6 days a week down to 3-4 and added an extra body pump
    and much more push ups and planks.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info guys

My plan is to do my run prior to my lifting, not after,so that I have enough strength to do everything I want to do!! This is sure to get me in tip top shape

I would actually recommend lifting first if you're going to do them on the same day. Form is critical when you're lifting heavy weights, so you need to be as fresh as possible.

I'd recommend this too.

You'll be strongest, and more on point with your form if you lift prior to doing your cardio. Personally, I'd find it extremely hard to run after a lower body focused strength workout. However, after upper body or when you aren't lifting that day, you can most certainly run afterwards!
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info guys

I'd recommend this too.

You'll be strongest, and more on point with your form if you lift prior to doing your cardio. Personally, I'd find it extremely hard to run after a lower body focused strength workout. However, after upper body or when you aren't lifting that day, you can most certainly run afterwards!

ughhh, ok, I only said before because others commented on having zero strength after lifting.
    confused yet again.
    Although, since I do run regularly, its not like it takes a lot out of me, so I may try it out and see how it affects my form. I will make adjustments as needed

Thanks for the advice
  • ninav1980
    Options
    Bodybuilding.com has some good (and free) workout routines. Some incorporate cardio if that's what you like. This might help you get started with lifting with a routine like Jimmmer suggested, http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbmaintrain.htm

thanks, going to check this out
  • Briana_RN
    Briana_RN Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree that you could work running in with your resistance training days. I would recommend running on the same days that you do upper body focused resistance training. On the days that you do lower body resistance training you could find some other kind of cardio or skip it. However, if you are an experience runner, then 3 miles probably won't be too difficult for you. I think it's best to try a new routine for three weeks to see if you get different results before trying something else. Good luck!
  • ninav1980
    Options
    I agree that you could work running in with your resistance training days. I would recommend running on the same days that you do upper body focused resistance training. On the days that you do lower body resistance training you could find some other kind of cardio or skip it. However, if you are an experience runner, then 3 miles probably won't be too difficult for you. I think it's best to try a new routine for three weeks to see if you get different results before trying something else. Good luck!

I like this idea!
    thanks
    So I will do my runs on upper body days. I think this makes the most sense for me.
    I always hear people say they are addicted to running. I kind of understand what that means now! :) Its almost like I cant fathom the idea of not running, lol