My BF wants a bigger butt...

Options

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    ?size=l

personally...I wouldn't want quite THAT much. I would make pants fit awkwardly, wouldn't it?

It would make GUYS' pants fit awkwardly, and that's the point.
  • Jess830409
    Jess830409 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Squats, deadlifts, and most of all, heavy barbell hip thrusts

Heavy kettlebell swings will also make your butt higher, harder, and rounder. Trust me on this.

Gonna have to look up heavy barbell hip thrusts but sounds good to me :) TY
  • vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Will he be getting a bigger D for you?
    If she gets a bigger butt, yeah it'll happen
  • Jess830409
    Options

No help needed in that department, but maybe it will motivate him to get off the couch and exercise alittle :)
  • Jess830409
    Options
    If she gets a bigger butt, yeah it'll happen

LOL -this is true
  • vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    ?size=l

personally...I wouldn't want quite THAT much. I would make pants fit awkwardly, wouldn't it?

It would make GUYS' pants fit awkwardly, and that's the point.

erm... no. it wouldnt
  • phatguerilla
    phatguerilla Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Make sure you know how to activate your glutes when training them otherwise your squats and deads will be wasted. Focus on squeezing your glutes hard at the lock out on deads, and look up activation exercises such as bird dogs and clam shells to perform during your warm up and even between sets if you find glute activation/involvement in exercises a problem.
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Squats and dead lifts. Most definitely,

TRUE!! Love squats. Love dead lifts...and the resulting bubble butt.

Also, if you do treadmill or jog...try doing the elliptical on interval setting instead. This did wonders for my butt, even before I started lifting. Weights, squats and lunges have been the icing on the cake :-)
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Squats (deep), deadlifts, lunges...a weight you can do for around 6-8 reps where the last couple are a real struggle but still managing good form.

A small calorie surplus would also help. Your glutes are a muscle too and giving your body the extra calories help the muscle to grow, something that is hard to achieve in a deficit.
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Nag him about something he doesnt have and make him get it.

*slow claps*
  • kosman8807
    kosman8807 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Try doing a Barre class, or even a video on you tube. There is a move called the pretzel you can also try doing that dancers do, and it burns the bun area. Good Luck.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Squat.

And dead lifts.

Yes, there are various types of each (foot positioning variations for squats, knee bend variations for deats) and they're all awesome for building a better booty. You want a full leg curve, weighted lunges are great for the legs and don't forget calf raises . . . unending yumminess.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Nag him about something he doesnt have and make him get it.

*slow claps*

This.

Also, make him think that he's getting it for himself as well. That way it doesn't seem as douchebaggy.
  • ForABetterMe89
    Options
    ?size=l

I'd kill for that butt, and not really. She's sort of arched over with it perked out. Making it look larger than it really is.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Squats & Deads... ... now go...
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    barbell hip thrusts and dead lifts have the most activation for the glutes. high step ups are really good too.
    you need a combination of exercises, and try to go as heavy as possible while still doing the exercises safely with great form.

to work up to hip thrusts, do bridges, elevated, 1 leg, and this is also great for the hamstrings.

*kitten* to the grass are fantastic for the whole body too, but it will take some time and flexibility to get there.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mgzv9ojZHz1s3f5h1o1_500.gif
  • mbz0616
    mbz0616 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Worth checking out: Strong Curves: A Woman's Guide to Building a Better Butt and Body, by Bret Contreras and Kellie Davis.

I have this book and just started one of the training plans.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Anything that involves the glute muscles when you exercise especially squats, stairs and lunges will give you a curvy butt.
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'd propose getting a bigger BF. And one who makes you feel GOOD