What do you guys eat when at the movies?

Options

Replies

• Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Big Popcorn
    Big Soda
    Big thing of Reeses Pieces
    and raisinettes

...i share with my husband
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    The mall I go to the movies in has one of these:

http://www.germanroastednuts.biz/index.htm

Oh. My. Gawd. So awesome and amazing.... I get one of the little bags of almonds before every show and get a giant bottle of water.
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options
    I usually just have a diet coke
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I usually do a diet soda (small). I like to do the pretzels too, but if i do those, I either go home and walk them off or they are my meal. Not heathly, but I'm trying not overeat.

I will also occasionally get a small popcorn - no extra butter.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I flash my diabetes emblem and bring my own water and sugar-free candy LOL.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    We usually go to Studio Movie Grill or Alamo Drafthouse, so I eat dinner.
  • Mattsama
    Mattsama Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I normally just split a small or medium popcorn with my wife.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Small popcorn, no butter and gum. I sneak a sip or two of my SO's diet Mt. Dew.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I won't lie. When it comes to theater food purchased in the theater, I usually get one of those boxes of Runts or Skittles. However, I don't usually get food. Sometimes, if I know I'm going to feel hungry, I'll smuggle in a roll or two of Life Savers mints.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I don't eat anything.
  • kekeleeks
    kekeleeks Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I actually look forward to eating the movie popcorn. So often times I will plan for it in my calories. If you are trying to avoid the temptation I would recommend eating a full meal before you go to the movies. For me this stops the desire for popcorn/candy etc. because I am already full.

Oh, and the flask is alwways a good thing to have :P
  • autumnpath
    autumnpath Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I pop some popcorn at home and pack some water. But man do I want a HUGE order of nachos!!
  • talk2elles
    talk2elles Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I went to the cinema/movies last week. I took a bottle of water and a BIG, chocolatey, chewy protein bar. I've been known to take in sandwiches before though (coronation chicken with spinach, red onion and cress in a granary bap...my favourite)
  • rssmith76
    rssmith76 Posts: 1
    Options
    I go with the kids meal! At Regal it's 180 calories :)

I also try to eat a good meal RIGHT before (I'm SERIOUSLY a popcorn junkie!! lol). So if I'm full then I'm less tempted.

Carrying some type of snack (healthy granola bar that has nuts and chocolate works wonders for me too!)
  • keithf1138
    keithf1138 Posts: 63
    Options
    I need to have Movie Theater popcorn and a diet coke.

I have a diet coke about once or twice a month. Usually only when I go to a movie.

So I usually save up a bunch of calories to be able to have the large buttered popcorn. We share and little tip to make it easier to share and butter the popcorn. Ask for a tray even if you dont need one. Pour the popcorn into the tray and butter that as well as the remainder in the bucket/bag. Of course I am talking about the theaters that let you butter it yourself. Typically AMC. We do that to get it evenly buttered and to share one bucket with the whole family (can always refill if we need more). Challenge is making it last until the movie starts.
  • lakishamcquany
    lakishamcquany Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Nada!!
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I usually eat popcorn. I also usually go with my daughter, but she has braces right now and can't have any. I could eat it, but it would make her very sad, and I can't do that to her. I've told her that as soon as she gets her braces off, we will go and gorge on as much as we can stand..
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, diet soda, and maybe some candy!
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    It's two hours, not two days - I don't eat anything.

THIS!!!
  • JulieAnn72
    JulieAnn72 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I get a kids meal. It comes with a small amount of popcorn, a small bag of fruit snacks or candy, and a small drink (I get diet soda). It works out great. I never even know they existed until I had kids! Now we each get one.