APPLE CIDER VINEGAR?!

Options

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Ok here is the skinny on apple cider vinager. It does have health benefits, and does aid in weight loss. Not a magic bullet at all but it does aid. People see something say helps loss weight and automatic want or expect miracles. What it does is help clean your liver of bile. Less bile means your liver works better and there for it and the gallbladder has an easier chance on dealing with fats entering the body. That said it doesn't turn fatty foods into fat free foods. Crap in crap out no matter how well you liver functions. ACV can help improve organ functions to aid against stones, insulin production and other liver or glablader related issues. So does furmented foods like sauerkraut. It is an aid not an answer. Eating right, exercising is a must to see a real lasting change. There is no one perfect food to health it's a balance of many. The organic apple cider vinger can be one of the many foods that we can use to make good choices to break down fat. I recommend it. Water it down drink with a straw or pickle cucumbers with it and sprinkle chili powder on them
    Your liver is perfectly capable of cleaning itself. If it's not you need to see a Doctor. I'm afraid most of what you have written on ACV has very little basis in actual science.
  • SusanHeinous
    Options
    A drop of apple cider in my chickens' drinking water prevents them getting worms :ohwell:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    A drop of apple cider in my chickens' drinking water prevents them getting worms :ohwell:

^^^ win!
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Apple Cider Vinegar is good for acid reflux, when my husband has a bile attack it helps neutralize the acid. Never heard of it for weight loss though 0_0
  • ztavienleshon
    Options
    Apple Cider Vinegar is good for many things according to my grandma lol and i must say after researching and actually trying it for myself it has helped with upset stomach, helping my blood pressure go down until i can refill my prescription, calming itchy skin, and for the african american natural haired individuals it is a good rinse for the hair and scalp and also weight loss. Just a shot or two is all you need daily.:smile: but everyone has their own opinion and it may not work for EVERYONE!
  • MizPassion
    MizPassion Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Acv (with the mother) has a lot of health benefits as already mentioned. I don't use it for weight loss. I use it mainly for increasing energy, hair rinses, and migraines. I'm used to the taste but I started out by only drinking it with honey.
  • parrrp
    parrrp Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    it's one of the natural remedies for candida overgrowth, garlic is another thing that kills it off... candida overgrowth can cause all kinds of nasties, including allergies, bloating, water retention, loads of other things, look it up...
    soooo it can help with weight loss if there's candida lurking there.
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Ok here is the skinny on apple cider vinager. It does have health benefits, and does aid in weight loss. Not a magic bullet at all but it does aid. People see something say helps loss weight and automatic want or expect miracles. What it does is help clean your liver of bile. Less bile means your liver works better and there for it and the gallbladder has an easier chance on dealing with fats entering the body. That said it doesn't turn fatty foods into fat free foods. Crap in crap out no matter how well you liver functions. ACV can help improve organ functions to aid against stones, insulin production and other liver or glablader related issues. So does furmented foods like sauerkraut. It is an aid not an answer. Eating right, exercising is a must to see a real lasting change. There is no one perfect food to health it's a balance of many. The organic apple cider vinger can be one of the many foods that we can use to make good choices to break down fat. I recommend it. Water it down drink with a straw or pickle cucumbers with it and sprinkle chili powder on them
    Your liver is perfectly capable of cleaning itself. If it's not you need to see a Doctor. I'm afraid most of what you have written on ACV has very little basis in actual science.
    I get gallstones so my doctor was the one to suggest ACV. He was the one that explained the benefits to me. He also told me putting lemon in my water could help with the stones too. It's not a magic fix but its something he told me could lower my risk for stones. About the science for it. There was also for years very little science on home made chicken soup and colds. They knew it worked but no tests to prove it. Low and behold some university study figures out the bones for the stock not only contain zinc which fights colds but University of Nebraska found that chicken soup may contain anti-inflammatory substances that could help alleviate a cold. Just because there isn't clear tests yet exactly why it helps, doesnt stop Some doctors from suggesting it due to their past experiences. If a gastroenterologist is willing to suggest it means I am willing to try it and defend it. I havnt had stones in months since starting so I think he was spot on when he touted about it.
    And yes the liver does a pretty good job cleaning itself, unless your overweight than the liver becomes fatty. Which in turn has trouble breaking down and clearing out fat which builds up bile which in turn over works the gallbladder which in turn damages the gallebladder. Apple cider vinegar won't fix a failing liver, but can help aid it when the liver gets fatty. Again not a fat loss food, but a engine cleaner for your liver
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    There's a better solution: Stop f*ckin eating sh#t
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    years ago i actually did the apple cider vinegar diet and my mom swears i lost weight from it even tho i dont remember it i was like 17 or so
  • allikat93
    allikat93 Posts: 236
    Options
    there's a pretty good recipe out there for sweet and sour cucumbers which as onions, cucumbers, sugar (I use Truvia) and apple cider vinegar. That's about the only way I ingest it

Same here. My mom had found a recipe for something similar in the Splenda cookbook. But I think it was called cucumber salad. I will not ingest ACV any other way. Or regular vinegar for that matter. Gross.
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Also use as a hair cleanse and face toner. It's great!
  • Birdy989
    Birdy989 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Another benefit to this gross concoction is that it WILL keep the mosquitoes at bay if you drink it every day....gross, weird, but totally true.

Seriously???? I have (no joke) over 50 mosquito bites on me -- including my face and head. I refuse to use DEET, and I was experimenting with a brand of all natural mosquito repellent. Yeah. I think it was made with honey. =(

I'm going to try this.
  • robinellis
    robinellis Posts: 66
    Options
    i live in a rural area that is heavily wooded and work outside, taking apple cider vinegar is one of the only ways i can keep the bugs away from me. i can't stand the taste of it so i buy it in capsules.
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I take a tablespoon full of it in the morning, with a glass of water, and a tablespoon full after dinner. It helps with my digestion.
  • ImFlawesome
    ImFlawesome Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had a friend write to me and tell me this too. So I started on April 4th, last month, and in three weeks, in addition to already watching calories and exercising, I lost 11 pounds. I also mixed the acv with crystal lite (fruit punch or pomegranate/cherry flavors). I stopped drinking it for a few weeks, and I'm getting ready to start up again to see what will happen. One tablespoon per eight ounces. My friend had it with all eight glasses of water, I did it with three after I got home from work.
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Ohh heeellll nahhhhh That stuff is Nasty with a capital Nast!!! I tried marinating some skirt steak with that stuff and Blaaahh it Smells bad too!:sick:

LMAO! I totally agree 100%!!!!!
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I love the taste but using the tablets now as worried about damaging my teeth with the acid.
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I am willing but read posts about all brands not being created equal and I notice Bragg is a brand being recommended but what if I can't find it. Any other brands I should look for, I have a target, Walmart, Ralph's, staterbros, albertsons, Von's, Walgreen, rite aid, cvs near me if that helps
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Tip it over fries, make salad dressings with it, pickle vegetables with it. Just don't expect it to do a single thing for you healthwise.