Why are my MFP friends so unsupportive?

Options

Replies

• weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    you probably shouldn't look to others to find happiness... just sayin! support yourself.
  • nekoxvampyx
    nekoxvampyx Posts: 163
    Options
    calm down girl. people have busy lives! u can't expect a parade everytime u do something right. sheesh..
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Everyone above me, I just wanted to say WTG on posting!
  • jeslaughter
    jeslaughter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I finished logging for the day, and I only got 2 WTG's from my friends. Only 2! I have 108 friends!!

Why aren't they all congratulating me on eating? I think I need new friends...

Posting on someones eating habits daily is not something I would expect from my FL??? When I or even when they do something awesome like lose weight, have a great work out day, have reached a log in day milestone, that is when I like to see a positive post. You really cannot expect your fl to post daily, if you really need that, tell your fl that is what you need, I am sure they will either post daily or remove themselves. Good luck with your goals, and keep up the good work.

I don't think she meant this as serious as you think she meant it.

yup, I think you are right, should have read further...ah well...was trying!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I'm only here to look at women.
    Oh that's fine Burt. Anything you want to do. As long as I don't get the belt again.:frown:

Excellent.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I just published an apology to all of my friends for being so terrible and unsupportive.
    I rarely comment on food diaries, or number of days logged in.
    I'm so ashamed
    gif.gif
  • KeisterButton
    Options
    Are they on the same time zone as you?

My MFP friends are quiet on my posts, but I have been quiet too, and by the time I complete my food diary, their last posts of the day precede mine by three hours. Nothing sinister or malicious there. If I were more outgoing and added people in my time zone, and commented "WTG!" every time a MFP friend made progress, I'd have more comments. I know they are supportive though, otherwise they would not have added me.

Also, as a beginner, I am probably making mistakes that hinder my progress, otherwise they'd comment. Like this one time I ate 500 calories beyond my restriction, but I exercised 200 calories away, and they were very nutrient-dense calories.

Perhaps your MFP friends are supportive, but with 50+ friends, they don't see your posts so often and their fingers drop off to sleep by the time your post comes into view.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    u need better friends.

Real_Friends.jpg

This just made my day....
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    u need better friends.

Real_Friends.jpg

That is awesome, team work at its finest.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    calm down girl. people have busy lives! u can't expect a parade everytime u do something right. sheesh..
    Uhhmm.. Yes I can! Don't you read the threads on here? MFP is all about support.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    u can't expect a parade everytime u do something right.

But. but..parades are, like, fahhhhhboo!

gay-parade-heels-float.jpg
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Uhhmm.. Yes I can! Don't you read the threads on here? MFP is all about support.

animated_4th_of_july_parade.gif

Whoo-hoo!! You ate rice cakes!! Go you!! Whooo-hoo!!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    If I was your friend I would be there for you, like a sports bra!
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mhbzviWnqt1r07gezo1_400.gif
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

1306866543_supporter_face.gif
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I don't have that many friends here on MFP, and there is only 1 that comments on my stuff regularly... but she is also the person that turned me on to MFP, and keeps my butt motivated :love:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    This is another reason why I don't have a lot of friends. Because when I have, half of them start whining and complaining....ugh. Or they have been on here for five years and lost eight pounds out of a hundred.

ANOGTFT.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I don't have that many friends here on MFP, and there is only 1 that comments on my stuff regularly... but she is also the person that turned me on to MFP, and keeps my butt motivated :love:

How do you live without friends? Does your exercise even matter if no one comments on it?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I just published an apology to all of my friends for being so terrible and unsupportive.
    I rarely comment on food diaries, or number of days logged in.
    I'm so ashamed
    gif.gif

My friends do this occasionally. I'm always like "WTF, the fact that you're breathing, eating and running really fast is motivating. I don't need a "yay, you ate!"" And then I feel guilty for a second. And then I get on with my real life.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

How do you live without friends? Does your exercise even matter if no one comments on it?

3qtwo4.jpg