Critique my Lifting Plan

2»

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,010 Member
    There isn't enough information written down to indicate whether or not it is a good lifting plan. We need weights, percentages, reps, sets and goals. Since none of this was listed, I am assuming you don't know anything about weight training and therefore shouldn't be making your own training program. Stick with something simple and proven until you learn the ropes. Starting Strength or Stronglifts 5x5.

Squats - 195
    OHP - 95
    bench press - 135
    barbell row - 115
    deadlift - 225
    curls - 65
    tri push downs - 50
    lat pull down - 70
    seated rows - 120
    leg press - 260

Your ratio of curls/OHP to benchpress is remarkable.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    I would help, but clearly I am too much of a meathead to help you become more of a meathead.
  • Loftearmen
    Loftearmen Posts: 380
    I would help, but clearly I am too much of a meathead to help you become more of a meathead.

That's okay, you're MY meathead ironanimal ;)
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    OP... there are a lot of programs out there, including strong lifts and 5/3/1. these programs have been developed by people much smarter than anyone here and with a ton of experience and have done all the trial-and-error for you.

Not sure but I have a feeling that Wendler would respect Loftearmen's opinions and experience.

Agreed, don't try and create some makeshift program based on your limited experience. Use something that is tried-and-true by somebody that has forgotten more about strength training then you'll probably ever learn.
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Bloody hell squats and bench same day - you have strong body mate! After I am finished with squats I'm too knackered for other compound exercises hahah such a fail I am! :bigsmile:
  • dzarello
    dzarello Posts: 119 Member
    K.I.S.S

Keep It Simple Stupid.

Nuff said.

Loftearmen, I'm on your side. I would gladly take any powerlifting advice from you.

Lift Big, Eat Big!