Baseball!!!

1235»

Replies

• DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Not for balls/strikes, I agree, but Bud Selig already approved it for the upcoming season (on a trial basis) for out/safe (granted, it was done in response to this specific issue but whatever gets you there) and they've had it for 3 years now for home runs and foul balls (playoffs only up until last year). there's a huge cry for IR and I don't see any way he can avoid implementing it.

I knew it was already in play for hr/fouls but Selig said just last week after the Joyce fiasco that it would not be implemented for out/safe calls. Hmmm..do you know where you seen/read that? Unless he changed his mind with the past week.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Not for balls/strikes, I agree, but Bud Selig already approved it for the upcoming season (on a trial basis) for out/safe (granted, it was done in response to this specific issue but whatever gets you there) and they've had it for 3 years now for home runs and foul balls (playoffs only up until last year). there's a huge cry for IR and I don't see any way he can avoid implementing it.

I knew it was already in play for hr/fouls but Selig said just last week after the Joyce fiasco that it would not be implemented for out/safe calls. Hmmm..do you know where you seen/read that? Unless he changed his mind with the past week.

Actually, I was kind of wrong, one of his first quotes said he was probably going to institute it next year, but he has since backpedaled a little saying he will open talks about it with the 14 member panel that discusses rules. My bad, I had read that first quote the day after the Joyce thing, and then decided I didn't want to read any more because I was so horrified by what happened. Big props to Galarraga though, that kid handled it in a super mature manner. I don't think I would have been so cordial about it.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Well how about that Strasburg kid? Really I am impressed with his first game but dude they need to see how he is long term before everyone starts bowing down to his greatness. He could be a sprinter now a marathoner.
  • SHBoss1673
    Well how about that Strasburg kid? Really I am impressed with his first game but dude they need to see how he is long term before everyone starts bowing down to his greatness. He could be a sprinter now a marathoner.

Agreed, kid looked damn good, but then again, the Pirates aren't exactly a bellwether measuring stick. Lets see him over 6 or 8 starts and one or two against Atlanta or maybe LA before we make any decisions on his entry into the Hall of Fame!

I gotta say though, man, that's a pretty good start!
  • MissingMinnesota
    Lost a bet so I have to look at A-Rod for 2 weeks. I guess it helps as I loose my appetite.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    :love: helllllo Mr. Rodriguez
  • SHBoss1673
    Lost a bet so I have to look at A-Rod for 2 weeks. I guess it helps as I loose my appetite.

Ugh, nasty!
  • MissingMinnesota
    Well I guess it makes JSterns happy but I go along the lines with SHBoss and ugh nasty!
This discussion has been closed.