Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    No, it's fine.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want (both healthy things and things like pastas and chocolates and ice creams) within my calories and macros and have been losing weight so far.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    No. The only thing that makes you gain weight are excess calories. Sodium can cause temporary bloating (water weight) but that's it. I don't even track my sugar intake and I lose weight fine!
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You could eat 1200 calories in Hershey bars and you would still lose weight. Might not be the best way to go about it but, it would work and here's proof:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

This college professor lost 27 lbs eating twinkies and little debbies.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    No but it will make your blood sugar rise which could lead you to feeling hunger later ,especially if it has caffiene in it like chocolate. But otherwise eat sweets if you like there isnt any real point of devoiding yourself of a treat if you have the room in your calories,I for one im not giving up anything i eat like I normally do but try and make more healthy choices ,but If I want a candybar or tiramisu Im going to this isn't a diet Im on its a lifestyle change I dont do diets they are not sustainable for me atleast,I cant be thinking well cant have that anymore whatever I only live once and I eat to live ,not live to eat.
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    No, I eat sugar frequently and I still lose weight. I do notice excess sodium seems to give me a temporary weight gain.
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Looks like there's no need to answer the question, seeing as how you seem to already have your answer, but I do feel the need to ask why you're choosing such a low calorie allotment. If your profile pic is of you, you seem to already be at a healthy weight, so I must ask what it is you're trying to achieve at such a drastic deficit?
  • Dcioby73
    Dcioby73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've heard it said that the number of calories you consume dictates your weight, whereas the quality of calories dictates your health.

I don't think it's wrong, as a once in a while treat, but at 1200 calories a day, in order to have some chocolate treat every day, you would have to give up other nutrient dense, low calorie foods.
  • lucycassingena
    Options
    Looks like there's no need to answer the question, seeing as how you seem to already have your answer, but I do feel the need to ask why you're choosing such a low calorie allotment. If your profile pic is of you, you seem to already be at a healthy weight, so I must ask what it is you're trying to achieve at such a drastic deficit?

I am changing my account to maintain but slowly, I need to do it slowly other wise I may just go crazy.. I do believe maintenance has been the hardest part for me as doing well for so long makes me scared that ill ruin it all..

However I have made big lifestyle changes I chose the healthy thing on the menu, say no to takeaways, eat healthy and exercise .. I just can't say no to a bit of chocolate now and then I just wanted to know its okay first :-)