What is your favorite protein powder?

Options
brainzap
brainzap Posts: 145 Member
Right now I have the Biogenesis chocolate one and I like it but it tastes a bit funky, what is your favorite protein powder? I am looking to try new ones.

So far I have tried the MRM Dutch chocolate one. NASTY!!! Didn't taste like chocolate at all and was so overly sweet and had a horrible aftertaste. Bleurgh.

Replies

• boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress Cookies & Cream...mix it up with frozen fruit (banana, strawberries & blueberries), unsweetened vanilla almond milk, flax meal & metimucil
  • bz0208
    bz0208 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    MTS Nutrition Chocolate and Cellucor Peanut Butter Marsh mellow are by far the two best I have ever had.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    The cheap one.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Just started with these, but I'm using the Progressive Harmonized Protein - Natural Vanilla and it's been pretty great with everything I've thrown in it. - even just mixed with yogurt.

I like that it's organic ecologically friendly right down to what the cows eat and how they are kept. Low in carbs, low in fat and high in protein. Win all around for me.
  • tdfarmer
    tdfarmer Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Syntax Nectar, doesn't have the after protein taste on most favors like most.
  • COLOMomOf4
    COLOMomOf4 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been using GNC Total Lean 25... I use both French Vanilla and Rich Chocolate. At first - when I used a blender bottle w/ the wire mesh ball - I hated the stuff. WAY TOO SWEET yet no real flavor imho. It just tasted like sugar water.

Now - I use a real blender... lots of ice and water and let it blend for a long time (1.5 - 2 minutes) into a rich, creamy, thick shake and it is absolutely delicious. I don't know why it tastes so differently when the only difference I used was the prepartion (instead of ingredients) but it works great. Sometimes to mix it up I put a banana or fresh or frozen fruit in too. Its great either way. Best part - I stay full for 3-4 hours - which has NEVER happened for me before.

Good luck with you selection!
  • BreakingOath
    BreakingOath Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Mts whey from tiger fitness
  • eevincheezburger
    eevincheezburger Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Cytosport Evopro in chocolate or vanilla. It's a nice combo of whey and casein and has a really velvety texture.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Pro7ein taste is excellent, low sugar, low carb low sodium.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I vote with my wallet too...was in GNC the other day looking around, and that was depressing...

Went right back to Wal-mart...
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with the taste of Muscle Milk Vanilla creme, tastes like whipped cream, so good. But there are better formulas out there (with questionable taste and higher price).
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Trutein.

By FAR.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Dymatize Elite!
  • dlmitchell57
    dlmitchell57 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The herbal life mixes are tasty and mix up great in shakes, but there are so many carbs in them. So I usually use the Blue Bonnet Whey protein original flavor or chocolate. Very low sugar. Tastes pretty good, but I add a couple of stevia drops (chai spice is my favorite) to it for extra flavor. Don't blend too long, because it will fluff up to twice its original contents...which is sometimes nice when you want more without the extra calories. You can get the stevia drops in many flavors at your local health food store.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Im in Australia so I currently use Define for women chocolate flavour. But have just done a order with a friend for cinnabun and banana cream Truetin
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I use 3 different kinds at the moment. Isopure Banana Cream, GNC Wheybolic Extreme Vanilla and Jay Robb Vanilla. The Isopure isn't too bad, good protein, no carbs has a small trace of a salty taste. GNC is good, mixes well with everything. Jay Robb is really good, very creamy and blends well and tastes fantastic with frozen strawberries & bananas.
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Trutein
    chocolate peanut butter cup
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    The Protein Works, vanilla creme, chocolate silk and banana smooth all taste delicious with milk :)
  • SGSmallman
    SGSmallman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I use three kinds;
    SCI-MX Lean Grow
    PHD Diet Whey
    MaxiMuscle maxi milk
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Kaizen Whey Isolate, Double Decadent Chocolate 35g of Protein,1g fat, 1g carb taste great, Costco carries it also in vanilla ice cream flavour as well.

http://www.kaizenprotein.com