Beautiful Blues 6-2-10 Newbies always welcome

Options
debnu1
debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
challenge%2029.JPG

Here is our new chart. Lets keep on bringing it this week. I am going to do everything I can think of to keep losing.

I will ask myself if I am really hungry before eating.

I will stop eating at 8 p.m. No excuses!

I will exercise every morning 6 days of the week.

What are you going to do?

Replies

• debnu1
    Options
    If you want to join you are more than welcome! We weigh in every Monday--send your weight to me. Check in on occasion to let us know how things are going. We are a great group!
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I will have to weigh in tonight to get an accurate weight, but I shall be able to weigh in on Mondays.
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you all! I'm pmaria and I currently weigh about 176 my goal is 150.
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh ins are axactly what I was looking for, I would love to join your group. I have a funky weight this week because of the holiday weekend so I suspect I will have a fairly significant weight loss this week, but here we go! Starting weight is 212 lbs. I will not cheat this week. I will work on water intake and will workout 3 days this week!

Randi (aka OnMyWeigh)
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys! Hoping to re-join you next week!

Keep up the great work!
  • crystalfordham
    Options
    Hello, I would like to join your group. My current weight is 153. My goal weight is 120. I would like to lose 10 lbs by my family reunion on July 10th. My goals this months is to eat more vegetables and drink more water. Also to burn more than 1500 calories working out a week by working out 5 days a week.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Howdy blue team, and welcome to new members.

Crystalfordham - You can lose 10 lbs, but also make sure you get measurements, as you might lose inches and not weight at some point in next 1.5 months.

Maneyes - It's usually better to take your weight in the mornings, after morning activities:smile: Your probably the lightest and it would be the most accurate. In the evening, you still have all the food and water that you ate during the day.

pmaria10 - We all can do this. Remember it's a healthy lifestyle journey and not a diet.

OnMyWeigh - We found monday weigh in's kept us more accountable over the weekend. Previously we would have a good weigh in on Friday, some of us would screw up the weekend, and then have to work all week to get it back down to the previous week.

Deb - WTG - It feels great when your lifting the weights, and feeling stronger - Make sure you use the charts - I found myself looking back and saw that I did 10 reps previously, it felt real good when I pushed 12 or 15 reps next time.

Deb eating past 8pm might not be bad, depending on your day and how much and what you've had to eat.
    Remember 5-6 smaller meals will work well.

With the nice weather, I was out again last night and this morning - Finished another 6km walk/jog.
    Then made myself a nice western egg white omelette - I think my new favorite breakfast.

- I'm at 18kms this week, so I think I'll make sure that I get 12 more kms in by the end of the week and know that I jogged/walked 30 kms this week.
    - I will try to cut out more carbs this week as well.

Have a great day.
  • debnu1
    Options
    Peter thanks for the advice. I have been writing all my reps down, and steadily pushing the limit. I hope to use the 12 lb weights more next time I do shoulders and arms! I will allow myself to eat after 8 if I have not had enough calories for the day, however that is a very rare thing and I find that if I am night eating it is bad for me anyway so I am trying to cut it all out.

Welcome newbies! I am glad to see interest in our group. I will get all of you on the chart next week--send me your weights Monday morning!

Chrissy we miss you! Good luck with your training. Hope to see more (or less:wink: ) of you soon!
  • nahtsalmon
    nahtsalmon Posts: 19
    Options
    I would very much like to join! my current weight is 150 and my goal is 125
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Hi all just checkin in fixin to go eat dinner with my neice and mom
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Whew, I just got home from doing groceries with hubby. Today was a really active day for me and I went to Central park and used the baby jogger for the first time. I ran 35 minutes without stopping with baby stroller, which is an improvement from last times 30 minutes. There were other parents with strollers there, and that made me feel even more motivated. I then parked the car really far away, and didn't calculate the distance back so had to walk 90 minutes to get to the car. Then I met up with hubby after work and went to Whole foods to eat there and get some things. Before leaving the house I also did 59 minutes of P90X Shoulders and Arms and 15 minutes of Ab ripper x. I'm really tired today- I've never walked for that long. Yesterday I got the Shape Ups sneakers and haven't really used them too much yet, but I'm planning to use them when I'm at the mall or walking around parks. I hope they work like they advertise.

I'll catch up with posts tomorrow- it will be a less intense day for me.

Great job everybody on pushing through!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Mayra you go girl! I can imagine why you were tired! I think I over did just upping my weights with shoulders and arms--my neck has been sore...

I was going to run on the treadmill instead of yoga today but I missed a sock coming down to exercise, I will do yoga as my time is getting short...:smile: Nothing like letting external things effect my life... Have a great day!

smadag It is great to hear from you, hows the driving training and stuff? Hope everything is going well!
  • smadag1
    Options
    The drive was soooooo long and I got pulled over but got let go with a warning because I was heading to a funeral and still had several hours of driving ahead of me. Lexi slept most of the way, she rides so good.

I will try to get as many walks in that I can with my cousin plus we have the walk for the cure next weekend plus I signed up for another 5k the following weekend it is also a breastcancer support walk I joined Team underwires Proud to wear pink they have such cool shirts and hoodies
  • Fawkes
    Fawkes Posts: 50
    Options
    Sorry I'm not posting much this week. I have some personal stuff going on.

I'm still trying to get my exercise in even though I DON'T want too (and rather call into work and veg out eating chocolate!). But I'm here, just reading for right now.

Sounds like everybody is doing well, Mayra, are you super woman??? You go girl!

Smadag, sorry about the pull over, but glad you didn't get a ticket.
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that tip.

My starting weight is 181. My current weight is 180. I would like to reach 135.
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I did fairly well yesterday and it would have been excellent if it hadn't been for the slice of cake I was obligated to eat. When you receive an entire cake as a thank you from an 82 yr old woman you can't not have a piece. Anyway, did the BL cardio max level 1 last night and feel great. I LOVE that DVD.
  • debnu1
    Options
    smadag, I am glad you were able to avoid a ticket. I hate getting pulled over!

Onmyweigh, I don't think a piece of cake will hurt your efforts--stopping at one piece of cake probably wouldn't have happened for me and that is when you get in trouble! :noway:

I went to costco and stocked up on vegies today. Yum. I ate sweet peas for lunch...so good. Now I just need to eat the rest of my lunch...:laugh: Not hungry though. It was dd last day of school for the summer today. It will be nice to have the summer to do fun things!

I also went for a 15 minute bike ride. It is nice to get out--I figured that partially made up for my lack of exercise this morning!

Have a great one!
  • smadag1
    Options
    Just ngot back from an 80 minutes walk with my cousin. I am going to try to go jogging tonight but my leggs might argue with me about that right now.

I read something Chrissy posted and it gave me an idea a daily or weekly challange. I am not sure about the details yet but I will let you know what I come up with

I am going to have lunch with family tomorrow at our favorite mexican place :wink: I will make sure to double up on my water after words
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies, this is a great group of people here. We are encouraging, positive, and basically are all doing this together!

Thank you all for the support. I'm feeling pretty good, overall with my fitness. I went shopping today for some outfits for upcoming interviews. I walked at the mall for 5 hours I'm sure, and I also did kenpox earlier today for another 58 minuets. I also splurged today and ordered the Polar ft7 HRM.

I got free shipping and a free ipod arm brace. It will be interesting to see how much I burn with the running and the walking that I just added to my exercise routine...and the Insanity..P90x...lol.

Here's the site where I ordered the HRM from: http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/

I'm beat, again, and am just going to unwind. Also need to catch up on posts! Take care everyone, and great job pushing it today!!
  • VeritasFate
    Options
    I would like to join. I need something to keep me accountable on weekends :D

Especially this weekend. Weddings are horrible for eating properly :cry:

Last weigh-in I was 150, so I guess I'll check back in on Monday.