Beautiful Blues 6-2-10 Newbies always welcome

Options

Replies

• MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Peter- Way to go on your workout and that egg omelet sounds so yummy.

smadag- Glad nothing major happened when you were pulled over. Way to go on the walking, I've been walking this week and I have gotten some good burns on my legs. I saw that you signed up for races- awesome Job. I'm doing my first race this father's day on central park. It's a 5M race and I'm currently training for it.

Chrissy- Can't wait to hear how your running training is going!!!

Debnu- I use different weights for different strength moves. I just look at the weights Tony is using, he usually says outloud the amount he is using, and I estimate what I would use. My highest weight currently is a 10lb dumbell, but I'm going to increase that weight to 15 or so...I'll be going to buy it soon.

Fawkes- Things happen in our day to day life, don't feel bad. Just continue on from where you left off, and I know you will do great!!!

Everyone else, wish you a great day, and awesome job on living a healthy lifestyle.

Okay, speaking of my goals this week. I seem to be doing really well with exercise and have found the motivation to do it but I'm sabotaging myself when people invite me to go to a restaurant. I almost think I'm entitled to splurge because I've worked out so hard. But it doesn't' have to be this way. I can still eat healthy while eating out, and when dessert time comes, instead of ordering one, I can ask for an extra spoon so I can have a taste. I got some of these tips from msh's feed. Also, for my 22 month old, I shouldn't be ordering full meals for her, because she never eats them, and I end up eating them, so as not to waste money. She can eat from my plate, and another tip was to have the waiter give you a storage plate, so you split up your meal into 2, right when it's served, and only eat half... Whew...sorry for the long post.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Mayra, I use a variety of weights, so I only used the 12 lbs for a few exercises. I am keeping track too so I know what was easy for me last time. I actually think I have been sitting at the computer too much again as it is the same shoulder/neck pain that I have had before.

veritas, welcome!! You will love our group!

I feel as though it has been a week of bad news--Three major bad events all about people I love. :cry::brokenheart: It has made my resolve waver a little bit. However I also am becoming more resolved. I have realized that I am addicted to sugar. I really need to irradicate it for a while so I can not be so dependant! I also want to start to eat cleaner. It isn't going to be easy, but I am wanting to try.

If you can send a prayer out for my family.

Thanks everyone for being such a wonderful support! You are why I keep coming back!:flowerforyou:
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Deb- You can do whatever you put your mind to, I am sure of that! If you are ready to get rid of sugar, then do it. There are tons of alternatives and great recipes that don't include sugar. Our minds are a powerful thing! One day at a time girl!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

Deb - Tony says the neck gets used in exercises a lot more than we think. Don't strain yourself too much getting that last rep. Not sure of your reps/weights, but I would suggest your doing 15 reps before you up your weight.
    I also get a "muscle tightness" in my shoulders/neck sometimes, and I think it has a lot to do with the arm position when using the mouse.
    Sending prayers for your loved ones.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

.Mayra - you can do this. Change your mindset at the restaurant. We all go in and order the $7,95-$14.95 meals with a drink, sometimes appetizer, and dessert. Next thing we know it's a $50 bill, and we feel good because we ate a lot of food.

I've gone in and ordered soup and salad. It's fuel for body, not a place to load up in sugar and fat. Sharing meals is great. I've taken home stuff when I ordered something not so good :smile: hehehe It's better to enjoy that bad meal twice at a good serving, than feel we have to finish the plate at the restaurant and not waste the delicious food :wink: (I've been there, done it, mom taught me to never leave food on my plate, and as an adult, it continues, so I make my plates smaller.lol

Your going to a restaurant with people to socialize. Other people might not eat healthy, but that doesn't mean we have to join them.

Edit: Oh yah, I got another 6kms in last night and today. 6 more to go. Bought some chicken breasts yesterday on sale, $5.00 for 4 chicken breasts on bone, Been marinating them over night, 2 with Jerk seasoning, and 2 with other spices.Mmmmmmmmmm
    I'm off to BBQ them. This 50% protein is interesting so far.
  • OnMyWeigh
    Options
    Good food for thought Peter. I have a hard time walking away from food on my plate at restaurants as well. I'm not a big leftover eater. My husband on the other hand, usually takes them for lunch, maybe I will think about that more often when I eat out.

I get that tightness in my right shoulder as well. I call it my "data entry knot". I used to get it really bad every Friday when I did payroll but now I only get it occassionally when I am working on a big project. I try to keep it loose with stretches when I know I'm going to be mousing alot.
  • debnu1
    Options
    I definitely am of the don't waste food mentality--I even lick the serving spoons! I will have to ponder that.

I am up to 15 reps for 10 lbs, that is why I moved it up. I think I just fought a little too hard for one more--I also know that I tend to lean to my left side when on the computer or sitting for a long time. I just prop myself up with my elbow. I know that I do it, I just need to not do it. Easier said than done!

Enjoy your chicken Peter, it sounds really good. We are smoking Salmon and baby back ribs for dinner tonight. Mmmmmm. The salmon is so good! I am salivating just thinking of it!

Have a great day everyone!
  • MayLan
    Options
    HI all,

I'm really exhausted again today. I think I'm going to finish drinking my water for today and go to bed...I'm afraid I'll start snacking on things. I got the Polar Ft7 HRM, and I'm going to read through the manual so I can get how to use it. It arrived pretty fast, free shipping next day. Today I did P90X Legs and Back and Ab ripper x for 73 minutes, and also walked for 3 hours running errands and shopping.

Debnu- I would stretch the part that hurts and don't overdo it on the weight if you feel pain. I will keep your family in my prayers!

Peter- Your chicken sounds yummy. Bon apetite!

Take care all!!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Wish me luck I start my driving training tomorrow. I will check in as often as I can
  • MayLan
    Options
    Today was rest or stretch x day for me and I just walked about 30-40 minutes today while running around going places. Tomorrow I start my 8th week of P90X which is recovery week....aggh...I really like the regular weeks where I get to lift weights, but here we go.

take care all!!!
  • MayLan
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm just getting things settled in at home before my summer semester starts next week. Just running errands and doing last minute shopping. I still have to catch up on posts, but I see that you are pushing it each day and giving it your best. This morning I ran outside near where I live for 40 minutes, which is an improvement from last time's 35 minutes. I then walked at a nearby park for 80 minutes and came home to eat. Today is week 8 of P90X and its' yoga day, but laundry needs to be done, so I might just do laundry and wear my HRM while doing it and just add "light cleaning" to my exercise along with the calories burned. By the way, like some of you have mentioned, while wearing my HRM during this morning's workout the calories came out to more than the calories MFP calculated for me. Cool!! I have another job interview tomorrow, and I hope they keep coming. Take care all!!!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Keep pushing it Mayra--You can do it! I prefer the weight lifting to recovery week too. There is something satisfying about lifting I guess. It sounds like you could use some recovery though. You are pushing it to the max! I have been not paying attention to what I have been doing the last few days, but my plan is to start again today. It is our official start to summer this week. Hopefully my kids will get along!

If you have not sent me your weight--do it now! :bigsmile:

Have a great day!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Well, I am back to the real world. Before I forget to say it: Welcome to all of the newbies, it is great to have you, and I hope to get to know you soon! Mayra - good luck on the interview. I hope that you find a great job very soon. Do you have daycare lined up for your little one? And on the subject of wasting food: one of the hardest things for me to learn was NOT to eat the leftover food on my grandsons' plates in order to avoid throwing it out. I decided that in terms of my health, it was really cheaper to toss it than for me to eat it and have more dr. bills due to obesity. It now goes straight in the trash can.

I am back from my camping trip. We had a great anniversary (thank you all for the well wishes). Spending time alone with hubby just relaxing in our lawn chairs was pretty awesome. I tried several new grilling recipes, and ate well all week. Amazingly enough, I didn't even gain from eating the two slices of pan pizza that I had last night when I was too tired to cook when arriving home. Some of my kids made it for the weekend, and I had a wonderful time playing with the five little ones. (two five year olds, a four year old, one almost 3, and one 2).
    Today I have to get really busy as my daughter and I are having a "music camp" for children at church every day for the rest of the week. Looks like we have 14 registered, so I have got to get it organized, and get some music planned. This is realy my first day of being home since school was out and I don't have to go to work, so I am having a little trouble getting myself moving. Have a great Monday all, and here's to smart choices!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hey blue team - Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Well, Deb - start again today - Get back on track because you know I"ll ask you later in the week :laugh:

Well I got my last 6kms in, so I in finished 30 kms walk/jog in a week. If someone told me that last year I would do this, I would have laughed at them.
    No excuses today!!! After work I'm going to start P90x again - Round 2. Been feeling good eating 50% protein, and also doing some pushups every day or every other day. Last night I picked up some dumbells and did a set of 20, felt great.
  • debnu1
    Options
    Peter--keep me honest! I did chest shoulders and triceps today along with a 8 min run on the treadmill. I kept telling myself to not be a *****--in true Chrissy form! I also did as much as I could of ab ripper x, boy that kills me. I am getting better though. I am going to get at least 3 vegies today. I promise!

My arms are shaking--that must mean I did good today!:wink: Keep up the great work everyone!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Bump** for later! :wink: :wink: :tongue:
  • debnu1
    Options
    Sandy welcome back! Hope everything has been going well for you!

Gee I got edited. Last time I say something that Chrissy says. :laugh: :bigsmile: :wink:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Sorry I haven't been around. I had to move and can't afford to get internet just yet. Not to mention the batteries in my scale died. Haha! Will be back and updating as soon as I can.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Hey all just checking in real quick I will try to read the posts later.

I have had a rough week my great grandma died over the weekend and I have had 2 days on a row stuck in a semi with my dad learning how to drive. Right now I am going to bad I have a full day tomorrow with visitations and hopefully a walk in between.
  • MayLan
    Options
    debnu- weight is the same for me this week.

I'm on week 8 of P90x and it's recovery week. Today I only did about 60 minutes of walking.
  • OnMyWeigh
    Options
    Sorry I missed weigh in yesterday I was spending a beautiful day off with my hubby for our anniversary. Weight this morning was 205.4!! Yaaahhhooo! I know it sounds rediculous but my starting weight was actually the funky one because of the Memorial day weekend.

6/2/10 212lbs
    6/8/10 205.4lbs

Have a great day everyone!!