What do you eat when you have chocolate cravings?

Options

Replies

• LynxDragon
    LynxDragon Posts: 5
    Options
    When I crave chocolate I go out and buy a single piece of good chocolate - Purdy's, Laura Secord or Bernard Callebaut and make sure I have the calories to spare for it. I only buy 1 piece because if I bought more I would eat it and I can not spare that many calories for non nutritious food. Also having diabetes I can't handle the sugar.

I also drink Teavana's Cacao Mint Black tea great chocolate taste and no calories.
  • Dewdropps
    Dewdropps Posts: 111
    Options
    Chocolate <3

I am a big believer that you can't tell yourself any foods are totally off limits or you'll be more prone to binge and you'll also be much more miserable. Just be sure to count it, and you'll be fine, no matter what type of chocolate you choose!

(Well, in moderation lol)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Here is what I've spent the last 20 minutes doing:

I dug out a dark chocolate bar and an apple. I peeled and cored then sliced the apple. I melted the chocolate (carefully, cause that's not really what chocolate bars are for.) then dipped the apple slices in it. I then placed said slices into the frig. Sometime in the near future that little treat will be very satisfying.

Eat the chocolate. Keep it reasonable.
  • hfox9707
    hfox9707 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I use a protein bar that has chocolate in it to satisfy my craving. I have to supplement since I don't eat red meat or chicken and turkey. I just eat all plant food and fish and seafood.
  • Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    fun size chocolates, or low calorie chocolate
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I adore chcolate its my thing lol i drink a choclate protien shake:

1 scoop choclate protien powder (syntha-6 tastes amazing)
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    1 cup almond milk (i use unsweetened pure)
    15 ice cubes
    banana

Takes like candy
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    craveable-chart.gif
    I try something healthy first - then go for the Ben and Jerry's

Blinks o.O thats very cool
  • bullsfan22
    bullsfan22 Posts: 104
    Options
    Sugar free chocolate pudding is the best, dip apples in them.
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    one piece of dove dark chocolate with raspberry mmmmmmmmmmmmmgooooooooooood

or

the little cadbury eggs that come for a brief visit during Easter. they are all almost hatched:smile:
  • SKAVY7178
    SKAVY7178 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    i have a 1 or 2 tsps of Nutella!! :) and make sure I am within my calories :)
  • CatMcCheesey
    CatMcCheesey Posts: 143
    Options
    Ritter Dark chocolate, Jello sugar free chocolate pudding, a chocolate protein shake with a Tbls of Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa added to it, or some "No Pudge" chocolate brownies.
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm am a chocolateholic and I crave brownies and chocolate a couple times a week. I was just wondering what people have found to eat that satisfy chocolate craving but doesnt cause you to gain weight.

I have dark chocolate and fit it into my calories.
  • Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I always carry Lindt's 85% dark chocolate around with me in case I get a craving! If I'm wanting something sweeter, then I usually make a chocolate protein shake with 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, and a few drops of splenda for a shake that tastes *just* like Reese's. Back when I wasn't low carbing, I'd also freeze bananas and then blend it in a food processor with some cacao for chocolate banana 'ice cream'. Eat and enjoy, but in moderation--that's the way to keep this sustainable for life.
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Chocolate.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Uhhhh, CHOCOLATE. Is this a trick question??
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. One square of dark chocolate at the end of the day during my relaxing moments does it for me.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Chocolate.. Chocolate anything.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    A glass of skim milk with hersheys syrup in it. Or some dark chocolate.
  • Lysander666
    Lysander666 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate. I just make sure I have room for it in my calorie goal.

Chocolate doesn't cause weight gain, excess cals do. No reason you can't save some cals for chocolate and still make progress.
    The first reply is the only one this thread needs.

The answer is of course, chocolate.

I eat it early every day. That bit of dark chocolate at the end of the day keeps me going and is part of the reason for my success. I just make the headroom for it in my calories.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    I eat a cup of Cocoa Puffs cereal for a chocolatly crunch snack.