What do you eat when you have chocolate cravings?

Options
Hi I'm am a chocolateholic and I crave brownies and chocolate a couple times a week. I was just wondering what people have found to eat that satisfy chocolate craving but doesnt cause you to gain weight.

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate. I just make sure I have room for it in my calorie goal.

Chocolate doesn't cause weight gain, excess cals do. No reason you can't save some cals for chocolate and still make progress.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, in fact I enjoyed a lovely Kitkat last night MMmmmMMMmmmmMm!!!
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Small quantities of really dark chocolate (minimum 70%).

Homemade chocolate mousse: 1/2 c Low fat ricotta cheese, 2 T black cocoa, 1 tsp espresso powder, a bit of sweetener and a couple of T of half and half spun in a food processor until silky (yum :love: )
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate too and I make sure that I have enough extra calories at the end of my day to enjoy my popcorn and sweet snack for the day. Usually ice cream or a fiber one brownie will do but sometimes I just have to have a candy bar, usually a snickers lol
  • Lori0534
    Lori0534 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have some chocolate. I usually have a few M&M's a day or a snack size chocolate. I find it easier to stay on track when I do this.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm am a chocolateholic and I crave brownies and chocolate a couple times a week. I was just wondering what people have found to eat that satisfy chocolate craving but doesnt cause you to gain weight.
    Chocolate! :) I usually eat hershey kisses or a handful of chocolate chips.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Green & Blacks Organic Dark (85%) Chocolate. You only need a little to crush the chocolate craving (or get the chocolate high) and it's not too high in calories.
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    It depends on whether I want real chocolate (Green and Black's 85%) or candy (M&M's). I have a square of chocolate or a few M&M's, count them, and enjoy!
  • BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options

Chocolate doesn't cause weight gain, excess cals do. No reason you can't save some cals for chocolate and still make progress.

Yup!

I buy chocolate protein powder to help and sugar free fudge pops or sugar free snack packs
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Chocolate.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    lots of chocolate..no weight gain whatsoever..cravings mean..eat the FOOD!
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I eat some dark chocolate everyday.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate.
    ^ This.
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I love milky way's or a little bag of peanut m&m's :smile:
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    A few m&m's & for general sweet cravings I eat a baked yam (plain not butter etc.). It's filling & takes away the craving
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow products are really good.....
  • tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options
    Simply lite sugar free dark chocolate. Yum.
  • kirstyg1980
    kirstyg1980 Posts: 302
    Options

this^^^^^
  • busymom6
    busymom6 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate. I need chocolate (at certain times). I always have Brookside Dark chocolate Acai Blueberry or Pomegranates handy. 90 Cals per pack.