What do you eat when you have chocolate cravings?

Options

Replies

• Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    A 60 Calorie Jello Chocolate Pudding Cup.

That usually fixes me!!
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I eat Trader Joe's dark chocolate with sea salt and caramel. Sometimes I will also have a serving of hot cocoa powder mixed into greek yogurt. Life without chocolate is not worth living, IMO
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Chocolate.
  • lizfreakinm
    lizfreakinm Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Brownie.

:]
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I buy individual Ghiradelli dark chocolate squares and put them in the freezer. When I want one, I take out ONE and eat it!!
  • jadedjade24
    jadedjade24 Posts: 127
    Options
    I drink Swiss Chocolate protein shakes. I have one every day, they are soooo good! And sometimes I just have some chocolate! Either way, I'm not mad about it lol
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate. True story
  • zumbalinda22
    zumbalinda22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's has a chocolate bar called "Simply Life." I like the dark chocolate with almonds. A serving is like 3 pieces, around 100 calories, and very good. Also like "Power Crunch Choklat." (I got it at Vitamin Shoppe) There's dark or milk chocolate. I prefer the dark. Three decent-sized pieces are 110 calories. Like people said, though, just make sure you have the calories to spare, and you can eat any chocolate you like if it fits in your plan. Another favorite treat: 1/2 c. dannon light and fit greek vanilla yogurt, 2 T. unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 T. ground flaxseed, about 1 T. shredded coconut, 1 T. toasted slivered almonds, and you can throw in a few chocolate chips for good measure! Delicious, filling, and has a decent amount of protein from the yogurt.
  • WonTaunTaun
    WonTaunTaun Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I love Fiber One brownies. I was so surprised at how good they were. They are only 90 cals and 100mg of sodium <--If you track. I always have those in stock to kill my chocolate cravings.
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Green & Blacks Organic Dark (85%) Chocolate. You only need a little to crush the chocolate craving (or get the chocolate high) and it's not too high in calories.

I second this. I like the one with currants and nuts. You won't even need the full serving. I also like sugar free chocolate pudding, sugar free fudgicles, 100 calorie pack cocoa coated almonds,the mini dove chocolates which slow you down having to unwrap them, and Sees (Seas?) chocolate lollipops. I think there's also a low calorie dark chocolate icecream or yogurt by Haden Daaz, but I've never tried it, so can't attest. Sometimes I discover great new things to try by typing in a vague description on MFP and seeing what pops up in the food bank.
  • WonTaunTaun
    WonTaunTaun Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Brownie.

:]

^^^ Yeah! :drinker:
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    chocolate
    /thread
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have started eating some dark chocolate, the 70% or more cocoa kind. At first it wasn't sweet enough, but by day 2 I was addicted. A small square does what I need it to and is a ton less calories than milk chocolate.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. In moderation. :tongue:
  • mrsappleblossom77
    mrsappleblossom77 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I eat Hershey's Dark Chocolate Kisses. 1 Kiss is 20 calories. I usually save calories every day so I can have 5 (100 cals) after dinner.
  • Garlicmash
    Garlicmash Posts: 208
    Options
    I eat chocolate ,just don't buy big bars.
  • jrbb03092
    jrbb03092 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Weirdly enough, I eat 2 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips. I eat them one at a time *facepalms* which slows me down and by the time I've finished, I've totally satisfied my chocolate craving for only 140 calories.
  • befanee
    befanee Posts: 1
    Options
    I eat very very dark chocolate, usually 70% cacao or higher. Sometimes I "indulge" by having 4-6 Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips (which are only 60% cacao). I savor each chip or small bite of a bar in my mouth rather than chomping it all up quickly, and I find that very satisfying.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    If I'm looking for a lower calorie option, I go for a smoothie with a frozen banana, cocoa powder, stevia (sweetener) and liquid of choice to get it moving (water, almond milk, even yogurt etc.). You can add in a little nut butter, too!
    I've also made my own chocolate: 1T coconut butter, 1/2T cocoa powder and stevia, mixed together & frozen.

If I want actual chocolate, definitely dark chocolate espresso beans. Gives me a TON of energy and they're a bit bitter so I don't overdo it : ) Dark choc raisins are also delicious.
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow stuff.
    Fiber one brownies.
    Or, most nights I made a chocolate protein shake w/ chocolate powder and chocolate chips.