What do you eat when you have chocolate cravings?

Options

Replies

• ahuston100703
    Options
    Jell-O Dark Chocolate Sugar Free Pudding Cups. I think they are like 60 calories and delicious.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    um..chocolate..obviously
  • ForABetterMe89
    Options
    I eat chocolate. I don't over indulge, I make sure I have room for it. I try to keep Dove milk chocolate induvidual pieces in the house. If I only have room for one, that's all I get. If I have room for more, I'll eat more. If I'm craving a brownie I'll eat it. Same concept, I eat what my calories allow.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    a good quality Dark Chocolate... more satisfying than cheap stuff.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I eat it. I just try to keep it in my calorie goal. Dark chocolate is probably the healthiest option for chocolate but sometimes I just need a Twix, Rees'e PB cups or something like that. Chocolate chip peanut butter Larabars are delish!
  • justcakes135
    justcakes135 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate. I keep a stash of assorted minis. For brownie craving I have a fiber one chocolate brownie for only 90 calories. On days I feel like chocolate I do an extra workout to burn a little more and earn extra calories.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Well let's see yesterday I had a kit kat bar and a hershey's bar. I love the cookies and cream hershey bar and the drops too. Lindor Lindt white chocolate balls are amazing. Milky Way, Twix, Caramello, I love chocolate!!!
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I keep a Dove dark chocolate bar in my desk at work for when I have a craving. I usually take 2 squares and it does the trick. I didn't like dark chocolate in the past but I find that if it's milk chocolate, I would eat the entire bar so I started using the dark to satisfy that urge and it works well. I've actually started to like it. I crave brownies a lot too! I love some brownies! I haven't tried it, but I hear there's a recipe for black bean brownies that are awesome. Google it. :flowerforyou:
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hersheys special dark cocoa powder mixed into anything! It's 10 cals per tbsp., huge chocolate taste, and full of antioxidants and iron. I put a few tbsp. is my protein powder, coffee, almond milk (for cocoa), in the blender with frozen bananas for a better than icecream treat. Anywhere. I don't even eat "chocolate" anymore, but I get my chocolate fix every day.
  • writtingonthewalls
    Options
    This just may be a personal preference but when I get cravings for sweet stuff I munch on some strawberries, pineapple, mangoes...natural sugar!

I absolutely frickin' love chocolate, though, so when I crave I eat a few blocks of dark chocolate...it's between 70-90% cocoa. I find if you eat a little piece in the morning, you won't have sugar cravings for the rest of the day.
  • Fisherdh13
    Fisherdh13 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Kind bars with chocolate. Some are plus with protein, some are plus with antioxidants, etc. Doesn't give you a sugar rush. Have to leave room for the calories, though.
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate. I keep a stash of assorted minis. For brownie craving I have a fiber one chocolate brownie for only 90 calories. On days I feel like chocolate I do an extra workout to burn a little more and earn extra calories.

Oh yeah! Fiber One brownies are good too, and the chocolate chip cookie ones!
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I used to keep a bag of Hershey Kisses and try to eat just one when I have a craving. But, that became too hard for me to control myself. I just try to stay away from it altogether. Not that easy though...
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Ghiradelli makes individually wrapped squares..... I break them into smaller pieces & savor slowly. Yum.
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate. I love 70%. I also eat whatever chocolate I can get my hands on,goodness knows how much I enjoy Easter :)
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    chocolate.

3 squares Green & Black dark chocolate or 1 square Lindt excellence dark choc with seas salt (both around the 50 calorie mark - G&B are smaller and thick, Lindt big and flat)
    2-finger kit kat (109 calories)
    WW biscuit wrapped in Belgian chocolate (89 calories)
    Twirl 2-finger snakc pack 180 calories

But only if I have room in my calorie allowance.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate chips or Fiber one 90 cal brownies.
  • dez_yaoichan
    dez_yaoichan Posts: 454
    Options
    I like 65%-80% dark chocolate and keep blocks of it in my freezer.

for me, by the time I've finished the frozen piece, the craving is gone.

if I still crave it and know I shouldn't continue, I have a really bitter (95%) bar that I nibble off of. since it is just a little TOO bitter for my tastes, it kills the chocolate craving.
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Chocolate in moderation!!
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    I eat chocolate. Denying yourself the things you enjoy is setting yourself up for failure. Learn how to factor treats into your daily calorie allowance so you never feel overly restricted.