What do you eat when you have chocolate cravings?

Options

Replies

• KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    This just may be a personal preference but when I get cravings for sweet stuff I munch on some strawberries, pineapple, mangoes...natural sugar!

I absolutely frickin' love chocolate, though, so when I crave I eat a few blocks of dark chocolate...it's between 70-90% cocoa. I find if you eat a little piece in the morning, you won't have sugar cravings for the rest of the day.

me too! With the exception of brownies and chocolate, I'm not big into sweets either as far as cakes and pastries go. I prefer fresh fruit when I want something sweet!
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    a good quality Dark Chocolate... more satisfying than cheap stuff.
    Yup! Especially when you just let it melt in your mouth instead of just skarfing it all down quickly. mmmmmmmmm :love:
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate. I just make sure I have room for it in my calorie goal.

Chocolate doesn't cause weight gain, excess cals do. No reason you can't save some cals for chocolate and still make progress.

This. And just knowing that I can have chocolate has diminished the cravings greatly. Dark chocolate (70%) has become my favorite because it gives me what I'm looking for and I don't need a lot.
  • krissynicole787
    krissynicole787 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I drink Swiss Miss Diet hot chocolate! Only 25 cals. And i put a serving of fluff on the top. :drinker:
  • Mandas13
    Mandas13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate kisses.
  • Zerie
    Zerie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    As a chocoholic that knows how chocolate can ruin your diet, whenever I crave it, I take it in small amounts.
    For example, I get them in a granola bar. It tends to settle my cravings.
  • mandylgibbs
    mandylgibbs Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have two things. Yobe frozen yogurt is a chain place that is 25 calories an ounce so you get a cup for 100 calories. Then you can add chocolate chips, or mnm's. Their yogurt also has tons of stuff that is SUPER good for you. Awesome!

Also Chobani has a coconut Greek yogurt with chocolate chunks and toasted almonds for 220 calories that is AWESOME.

I also keep those bars of super yummy gourmet dark chocolate bars. I grab one or two squares and a handful of almonds. I take tiny little nibbles and just enjoy it.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Less chocolate.
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I eat the best quality and most expensive chocolate I can find - that way, I can't overindulge because I'll feel guilty, and a small piece is good enough to satisfy my craving.
  • Kerdave
    Kerdave Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If I'm truly craving chocolate I'll have a small pice of dark chocolate with cacoa, or a 100 calorie pack of dark chocolate almonds, or a chocolate protein shake! If you're craving it allow yourself something to eliminate that craving....just don't go overboard. If you grab a 1000 calorie brownie and have already ate your daily calorie intake it will eliminate all of your hard work that day! But def don't allow yourself that treat otherwise you will overindulge. :happy:
  • skylarking036
    Options
    Monster Cookies or chocolate chip cookies or or no bake cookies or...well, you get the idea.
  • Loveslupins
    Loveslupins Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I agree with "eat chocolate"
    You can still lose wait by indulging in a square of dark chocolate every day.
    Unfortunately, I can't have it in the house because I will eat the whole thing! I used to have strong chocolate cravings but what I have found is now that I only eat chocolate occasionally, I don't crave it at all!
  • Kerdave
    Kerdave Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If I'm truly craving chocolate I'll have a small piece of dark chocolate with cacoa, or a 100 calorie pack of dark chocolate almonds, or a chocolate protein shake! If you're craving it allow yourself something to eliminate that craving....just don't go overboard. If you grab a 1000 calorie brownie and have already ate your daily calorie intake it will eliminate all of your hard work that day! But def don't allow yourself that treat otherwise you will overindulge. :happy:
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Chocolate.
  • Colleen1980
    Colleen1980 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I keep a bag of dark Hershey's Kisses in my fridge. When I crave chocolate I get a few (20 calories each) and don't even chew them but just let them melt in my mouth one at a time. I try to really enjoy the flavor and it takes a long time for them to melt, so usually it gets me past my initial "I gotta eat tons of chocolate right now" feeling, and I feel satisfied when I'm done.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Same answer as most: chocolate, in moderation. If you need a brownie, those Fiber One brownies are pretty good!!
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    My go-to treat is a 70 cal mini peanut butter fudge no bake cookie, I have one or two.
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Eat Chocolate ... But of course :))))
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Popsicle brand fudgsicles....40 calories each, 9 carbs. yum!
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    I drink Swiss Miss Diet hot chocolate! Only 25 cals. And i put a serving of fluff on the top. :drinker:

^ This too. We have Hot Cocoa K-Cups at my office and those are aaaamazing when you're craving something sweet. The K-Cups have 60 calories, though. So good!