Replies

• bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Scrubs too.
  • juniperleaves
    Options
    My workplace is also business casual!

I tend to wear a lot of skirts and dress pants with a simple blouse/shirt. I had to go out and buy shoes though because I had hardly any shoes that weren't sneakers or flip-flops, haha.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    This was such an insightful thread! I recently had a couple of interviews at a place where dress code is "business black," but I saw managers walking around in black tees with their bra hanging out and black stretch pants, so idk. Obviously if I get it, I won't show up like that! I'm thinking black slacks, with black blouses and black cardigans...so much black.

I ♥ black!! :)

It is easy to make it look dressy, even if it's not! lol
  • juniperleaves
    Options
    Oh, by the way! If you're needing to buy a new wardrobe for this job, try the thrift shop first. I've gotten every single one of my dress shirts at a thrift shop near my house for $3.50 each. Makes it MUCH easier to afford.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I interviewed with pink hair and received a job offer before I had driven home. The pink is very light now, and mostly hidden under blonde highlights. I asked the HR manager about the hair even before I interviewed. I've had pink hair for 3 years, and it takes FOREVER to fade completely and is impossible to bleach out.

Now if only you folks could come and help me pick what to wear on the first day!
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Nothing usually sometimes clothes if it gets cold.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Colder time of year: Sweats, yoga pants, thermal tops, zip up workout jackets, fuzzy socks and slippers.
    Warmer time of year: Capris, yoga pants, shorts, workout tees, tank tops, flip flops and bare feet.

I dress up when I leave work though :bigsmile:
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    This was such an insightful thread! I recently had a couple of interviews at a place where dress code is "business black," but I saw managers walking around in black tees with their bra hanging out and black stretch pants, so idk. Obviously if I get it, I won't show up like that! I'm thinking black slacks, with black blouses and black cardigans...so much black.

Yes....completely!! I usually try to do something basic with a punchy piece or two. Here is my outfit from today....

image-9.jpg
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I just wear jeans and a t-shirt!
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm a ranger. I wear jeans, a logo'd fleece and raincoat and hiking boots - probably not quite suitable for your job!

For my other job as a tour guide, it's a little more dressy, but still something that will look good with sensible shoes and a raincoat.

I tend to wear skirts on my days off because I can't wear them to work.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options

Yes....completely!! I usually try to do something basic with a punchy piece or two. Here is my outfit from today....

image-9.jpg

That is a super cute outfit! Love the skirt :) The way I dress in real life is usually something neutral with a pop of color either on the shoes, skirt, belt, etc. The most color I'll be allowed to have is makeup and nails, and I'm gonna wear lots of makeup since black makes me look so washed out.

If I get it anyway. I don't mean to brag but I did really well in the interview, so here's hoping!
  • trishdoyle
    trishdoyle Posts: 6
    Options
    Dress as you wish to be perceived. I work with children, so all my clothes are machine washable, but I refuse to wear "comfortable," sloppy attire. I am a healthcare professional, and I want to be trusted and respected. So...neat, appropriate, clothes, and always closed toe shoes. NEVER flip flops or casual sandals! Limit the jewelery and keep your hair and makeup understated. Of course, you can add your own personality to things, but keep it in check.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I work in a business casual enviroment, I always wear black slacks and a white or dark blue button up.

This is totally cute tho, I'd rock it.

6dcc2bea8551292683ce7ff584377e92.jpg
  • KageyKat
    KageyKat Posts: 45
    Options
    Slacks, sweater sets or nice blouses. Some of the best work advise I ever received was to dress for the position you want to be in and not your current position.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Mon - Thu is business casual and Fri is casual day (my favorite day of the week for obvious reasons). :wink:

8488541.png
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    Well IDK if anyone cares, but I got that job :D:D:D
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    *slowly* Clothes....
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    No, but seriously, typically khaki's or slacks and some type of blouse... If I'm feeling particularly girly a dress or skirt, but that doesn't happen very often... The only things we can't wear are jeans, t-shirts, sleeveless anything, flip-flops (or sandals with a post inbetween the toes), tennis shoes (unless it's a predominately standing job), anything ratty looking.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    What do I wear to work? A dirty t shirt and either raggedy shorts or paint stained knit sweatpants, with a barn coat if needed, depending on the weather. Flip-flops, crocs, or barn boots. Accessories; sunglasses, knee pads, garden gloves.