• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    It's probably all those frumpy clothes made for 30 year olds *eyeroll*

Huh?
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    See I am different. The man in my life has low self esteem. I found a couple numbers from my call logs written dow by him on piece of paper. Later I asked him why and he said to check up on me. They were from the phone company because i forgot to pay a bill. He was extremely mad when i joined mfp because i put my picture on my profile, i stopped going to the gym because he thks im going to **** anything that walks, its ridiculous. There is so much more to it. He is ruining our lives together and im sorry to say this but his actions make me want to do stuff behind his back so i dont have to hear it anymore.
    Its nothing bad I would do behind his back i would never hurt him but its killing me. I just want to be able to do normal things in my life. i cant even go out to dinner with a friend without a 1000 questions. The last thing i want is more problems. He is ruining my life pretty much
    pandering to him will actually make it worse. It's going to continue ruining your life until you force the situation to change somehow.
  • MrsSausage58
    MrsSausage58 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I used to be exactly like this and have probably pushed previous partners away because of it. My current partner is really supportive and understanding (althoughI was extremely close to pushing him away too) and has made me realise that when I say bad things about myself, I'm suggesting that the things he says to me about how beautiful and funny I am are lies. What he wants for me more than anything is for me to love myself as much as he loves me. This is still a long way off but I'm getting there. I've acknowledged how he feels about me and am slowly learning to realise that I'm not so bad!

There will always be someone more attractive than you, skinnier than you etc etc, but your partner loves you, not them.

You can get through this. Put yourself in his shoes and try to understand the reasons why he loves you. You may see yourself in a different light!

Lisa
    x

By the way, my self esteem levels have nothing to do with weight. They were always very low whether I was skinny or fat!
  • MrsGraves1987
    MrsGraves1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    See I am different. The man in my life has low self esteem. I found a couple numbers from my call logs written dow by him on piece of paper. Later I asked him why and he said to check up on me. They were from the phone company because i forgot to pay a bill. He was extremely mad when i joined mfp because i put my picture on my profile, i stopped going to the gym because he thks im going to **** anything that walks, its ridiculous. There is so much more to it. He is ruining our lives together and im sorry to say this but his actions make me want to do stuff behind his back so i dont have to hear it anymore.
    Its nothing bad I would do behind his back i would never hurt him but its killing me. I just want to be able to do normal things in my life. i cant even go out to dinner with a friend without a 1000 questions. The last thing i want is more problems. He is ruining my life pretty much

It helps to see the other persons point of view. I know what I'm doing to our relationship, we've been together 10 years and the very last thing I'd ever want is to push him away. What he does to you is what I do to my husband, and to see it how you've put it is heartbreaking, but it's even more proof that I need to sort out my issues.

Thank you - and good luck to you in your relationship. The only advice I could give would be to be supportive, but tell him straight what he's doing to you. In a roundabout way, that's what my husband did. He said "I don't think I can do this anymore" and that scared me so much the realization of what I was doing to him, that I vowed to change. Love and hugs xx
  • kitten9786
    kitten9786 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have horrible low self-esteem. Thanks to the people here and my family support I have risen above that.

Here's something I did that helps and I still do it to this day. I look in the mirror and pick one thing about myself (somedays its far harder to do than others) and say I love this about me. I am pretty because of this. It boost me up a little at a time.

I hope you see just how amazing of a person you are. To everyone here, we are all truly beautiful people, even if not for our looks but for our souls!