When do you work out?

First thing in the morning on an empty stomach? After work? Before bed? An hour after a meal?
What do you do? On the weekends I'm an evening workout hour after dinner girl. On the weekdays I'm somewhere between 11am-1pm having eating something or had a smoothie an hour befor starting. I've tried to work out first thing in the morning on an empty stomach before and my body didn't agree.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    First thing on an empty stomach and before my brain tries to convince me not to. :tongue: Love getting it done as a start to my day, plus in the warmer months, have to get it done early to beat the heat!
  • SGSmallman
    SGSmallman Posts: 193 Member
    Now at two a days 5 times a week lift in the mornings and finish my days with some form of cardio
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    I go to the gym after work, which is around 5:00. I'm usually pretty hungry by then because I eat my lunch at 12. Then at 8:00 I go work out for a quick 30 minutes with my bf and we usually sit down to eat dinner at like 9:30 or 10:00 haha.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Whenever it works for my schedule.

Right now, I'm getting most of my workouts done right after work, since my babysitter will keep my daughter for an extra hour.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    In the morning after I've fed my kiddos breakfast. Weight days I eat a piece of toast with butter, just cardio days I don't eat anything. I get to starving during weights if I don't eat something first.
  • Right after work works for me. It's a nice mental break between the stress of work and relaxing at home. I've tried forcing myself to get up early to work out, but I just can't seem to stick at it.

At the weekends I'll tend to go mid-afternoon, about an hour or so after lunch.
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    First thing on an empty stomach works best for me. I'm not an early morning person but now that it's lighter in the mornings it's a bit easier.
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    As soon as the alarm clock goes off - usually a bit before 4:00 am.
  • dupaboo
    dupaboo Posts: 174 Member
    I'm up before the sun during the week, so I workout after work (4pm). Weekends I have to do it in the morning or it won't happen!! And I'm an empty stomach kind of girl.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    In the morning around 10-11am after I have eaten a nice breakfast and the twins have gone down for their nap.
  • I usually run in the morning before work (around 6:20-6:30 am) and then do some kind of Jillian video 4 weekday evenings - usually ends up being around 8:30-9:00 before I get around to it. Weekends are whatever I get in, whenever it happens.
  • NeverTooLateForChange
    NeverTooLateForChange Posts: 131 Member
    I work out M-F from 8:15 am - 10:15 ish. I usually have plain Greek yogurt and fruit for breakfast and then a protien shake on my drive home from the gym. On Tues & Thurs I swim at 11:30 am so I try to eat a bit around 11 or else I have no energy.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Every morning, 6 AM. Empty stomach.
  • Salt_Sand_Sun
    Salt_Sand_Sun Posts: 415 Member
    5a Monday through Friday. Saturday is usually early afternoon.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    When I want to.. Usually at peak times (5/6/7pm) sometimes earlier, sometimes later.. Depends on my mood and what I've still gotta do :)
    doesn't matter when you workout though.. Morning's probably best due appetite suppressant (supposedly) and boost in metabolism (supposedly)
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Whenever I can. It's usually after work, before dinner. But sometimes after dinner.
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    5 A.M. I work out at home, so I sleep in my workout clothes so the only thing I have to do when I get up is brush my teeth, throw on my shoes and get to working out!

If I were to wait until after work I would find any and every excuse not to do it!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Always on a an empty stomach, otherwise I get queasy. I do mini-workouts in my office on breaks/lunch. My main workout is right after work on work days. First thing in the morning (but I am not an early riser) on the weekends.

Weekends may also include additional exercise like hiking, biking or doing something with the grandkids. But I still do my regular workout first thing.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    In the morning, within a couple of hours of waking and on an empty stomach.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    After work, I work in IT so the entire day I'm sitting on my butt, feels good to workout afterwards gives me something to look forward to.

Only thing is I've been working out from 8:15-10pm and going home and eating dinner. I don't like to eat that late I'll typically eat around 11 and then be in bed by 1 which is just cutting too close for me. I'll be making some changes after this weekend and have all my meals pre-planned and cooked for the week.