Goodbye!!

Options
13»

Replies

• Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    The only reason I add people is to delete them.

I like imagining the expression on their face when I send this to their inbox

awyeah_zpsd47ed0bc.png

To be fair, he sends the same thing in his FR's, but with a question mark on the end.

Still waiting on that FR.........

When you get up into the higher #'s of pounds lost, sometimes people try to add you simply because of that. I get it, I did that early on. But, I also understand that strangely, my personality doesn't appeal to everyone and we can both see that it's just not going to work out. No note necessary.

I've deleted people because they have continuously unsafe eating habits or have been inactive for a long period of time.
  • GeekAmour
    GeekAmour Posts: 262
    Options
    tumblr_lolvkmVq0T1qa9oiyo1_500.png

I don't delete people often. Sometimes I will if they go inactive for a long time, if they annoy me, or if I just don't feel like we have anything to offer one another. It's not that big of a deal. You can't expect to be interesting to or interested in everyone you come into contact with. Don't really want, or feel compelled to send a message either. The deletion says enough, and if you're not that close with each other, it doesn't really matter.

The IT Crowd too? Good god man. <3
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Incompatibility. It happens. Just keep it short and sweet, hit delete. It's your place for good mojo, reaching goals, and moving forward. If someone isn't taking you there, move forward.
  • maecrocker
    maecrocker Posts: 56
    Options
    The only person who tries to delete me that I would expect a reason from is my husband.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I feel like you have all pretty much proven the point. Since it is effortless and perfectly acceptable to let go of an MFP friend any time for any reason, WHY do we have to court new friends by adding a message to our friend request? Talk about gatekeeping.

Just my point of view of course. Best wishes to all!