Dating Strategy...

Options
124»

Replies

• MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Yo ah think ah found uh way ta decode da way some peeps jive on da internet what 'chew trippin foo.

alwaysunny-coolstory_zps4d7c7b57.gif
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I am/have been attracted to all types- it's about the connection. I'm just at a loss as to how to determine if that is there via the internet. The impersonality of it all is off-putting.

You talk for a while, than meet some where for Coffee and see where it goes from there. Honest its not that difficult to see if you have a connection Via the internet, common interests are enough to peak my curiosity and then from there you do coffee and if you THINK there may be something more move to the next step (An actual date) and see where it takes you.

Just remember have fun.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
    :flowerforyou:
    Your the best!!
    Also, English is my 2nd language
    Cue~Name of The Game~The Crystal Method

Haha I think we're going to get along just fine :smile:
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I've never watched It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia but I believe it may become my new favorite show!

I'm like you, getting back into the dating scene and being out of it for awhile. I started slow by just asking for a girls number and then I was like "cool got the number now what?". I tried the online dating thing after a few messages, I'd speak with someone over the phone and everything would be ok for a few days and then I'd have stuff to do (wouldn't be able to answer my phone for a day or two) and oh my god you would think I had killed every kitten and puppy in the world!

Get voicemails like "if you didn't want to talk to me you shouldn't have wasted my f'in time in the first place" and just random craziness. Those #'s immediately went on my google voice block list.

I'm going to be myself, get more confident in my physical appearance and when the time is right I'll find someone who I genuinely want to spend time with.

Ya know though The Big Bang Theory is a pretty cool show could always throw in some experimental physics quotes or a few bazinga's ;)
  • Shaky44
    Shaky44 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My serious advice for someone re-entering dating world:

1) Try meetup.com instead of a dating site. It's a good way to meet friends with similar interests. These friends may become "more" or they may introduce you to someone you end up dating. I met my girlfriend at a meetup event I was hosting and we are very happy together.

2) If you go the internet dating route, cast a relatively wide net because it's difficult to know who you are going to connect with from exchanging messages or even talking on the phone. If you find reasons to exclude people ("he's an accountant, he's probably boring" or "she's been married before") then you are approaching it wrong. Attraction is not a choice and it's not based on a check list.

3) Most important: The first date should just be a get together for less than an hour (30 minutes for coffee works just fine). The goal is NOT to get to know the person well, just to feel comfortable meeting them for an actual date. Dress should be casual, venue should be public, and the payment should be dutch (and very inexpensive). If the person pushes back on this and wants to spend an entire evening with you say, "I want to meet you before our first 'real' date so that we're not so nervous and we can enjoy it more.' It doesn't take any longer than 30 minutes to know if you want to see the other person again (it probably doesn't even take that long).

4) First 30 seconds of meeting someone from a dating site: Always say the following words: "You look cuter than your internet photo," even if it is not true. Everyone is nervous on a first date and especially a blind date. Everything will go so much better if you do something to make the other person feel more relaxed. You're not going to be there for very long anyway, so you might as well make it pleasant.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Your the best!!

tumblr_lfct7cFY3z1qan99n.gif
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    My serious advice for someone re-entering dating world:

1) Try meetup.com instead of a dating site. It's a good way to meet friends with similar interests. These friends may become "more" or they may introduce you to someone you end up dating. I met my girlfriend at a meetup event I was hosting and we are very happy together.

2) If you go the internet dating route, cast a relatively wide net because it's difficult to know who you are going to connect with from exchanging messages or even talking on the phone. If you find reasons to exclude people ("he's an accountant, he's probably boring" or "she's been married before") then you are approaching it wrong. Attraction is not a choice and it's not based on a check list.

3) Most important: The first date should just be a get together for less than an hour (30 minutes for coffee works just fine). The goal is NOT to get to know the person well, just to feel comfortable meeting them for an actual date. Dress should be casual, venue should be public, and the payment should be dutch (and very inexpensive). If the person pushes back on this and wants to spend an entire evening with you say, "I want to meet you before our first 'real' date so that we're not so nervous and we can enjoy it more.' It doesn't take any longer than 30 minutes to know if you want to see the other person again (it probably doesn't even take that long).

4) First 30 seconds of meeting someone from a dating site: Always say the following words: "You look cuter than your internet photo," even if it is not true. Everyone is nervous on a first date and especially a blind date. Everything will go so much better if you do something to make the other person feel more relaxed. You're not going to be there for very long anyway, so you might as well make it pleasant.

Thanks so much for the tips... I will be sure to employ some of those. And that's the third time someone suggested meetup.com- Looks like I need to head that way. :-)

Thank you all for the stories/advice... and the laughs from you jokers.
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Your the best!!

tumblr_lfct7cFY3z1qan99n.gif

I do so love when awesome people get together. :-)