I have a question about thighs!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem. I am just looking forward to the day my waist is actually smaller than my hips. My arms and legs are so skinny that when I fit in a pair of pants that fit my huge waist I look like I have a load in my pants they just sag and 2 extra legs could fit in. So no matter what our bodies lose whereever they want and gain where ever we do not want.
  • junebug523
    junebug523 Posts: 196
    Options
    Thighs are definitely where I carry most of my weight. Last week, as of 12 days on the 30 Day Shred, I measured my waist at 28" and my thighs at 24.5". I always slim down more quickly through the boobs and waist. And actually, the fact that I've lost .75" from my hips and .5" from each thigh so far is pretty impressive!

I have accepted the fact that my thighs will always be bigger than I want them to be. But as I lose weight, they will get somewhat smaller, and as I continue to exercise intensely, they will become more toned. If they can't be skinny, at least they can become less jiggly and more defined!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I've always had big thighs - I just measured them and they are 25inches and my knees are 17 1/2. yuck! I currently weigh 177 and can now fit in a size 12 pant - slacks or dress pants are perfect - some jeans like Lee Rider are perfect and become loose after wearing them and other brands can be snug but look okay on me(like my photo) those were a size 12 on the reduced rack of walmart for $3.00 hopefully it was because they run small! At least Im hoping! lol I still wear some of my 14s cause they are really comfy.

When I was younger and weighed like 130 I ALWAYS had big knees and thighs..so i dont think that will ever really go away.

Yes....this exactly......I always said even at my thinnest I had FAT knees and no one understood!! That is great you can fit into a size 12 pants now. I was size 12 at 145 lbs so at 177 I'd still be a 16 or 18. it's sick I tell you!! (and all my thighs fault!!)
  • mamagooskie
    Options
    Thighs are definitely where I carry most of my weight. Last week, as of 12 days on the 30 Day Shred, I measured my waist at 28" and my thighs at 24.5". I always slim down more quickly through the boobs and waist. And actually, the fact that I've lost .75" from my hips and .5" from each thigh so far is pretty impressive!

I have accepted the fact that my thighs will always be bigger than I want them to be. But as I lose weight, they will get somewhat smaller, and as I continue to exercise intensely, they will become more toned. If they can't be skinny, at least they can become less jiggly and more defined!

That"s what I'm thinking for this time around.....at least if they gotta be big they better be all muscle and defined!!
  • mamagooskie
    Options
    I have the opposite problem. I am just looking forward to the day my waist is actually smaller than my hips. My arms and legs are so skinny that when I fit in a pair of pants that fit my huge waist I look like I have a load in my pants they just sag and 2 extra legs could fit in. So no matter what our bodies lose whereever they want and gain where ever we do not want.

1/2 of my extended family has the same problem as you and the other 1/2 has my problem. I guess we can't have it all!!! LOL
  • mamagooskie
    Options
    anyone else have any suggestions?
  • Lainny21
    Lainny21 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5" 138, 37 inch chest, 26 inch waist, 39.25 hips, 24 inch thighs!
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew! My waist is a size 8 and my thighs are like, size 10-12. :laugh:
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    ladies. we are hormonally created that way
  • Glitter969
    Glitter969 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Same sitution here. 5.6.5" tall, 141 lbs, 26" waist and 23" thighs. I always have to buy pants bigger to fit over my thighs and then have them altered and taken in around the waist.

I have also had the problem that I cannot take my waist in as much as it should, otherwise I cannot get my pants up over my hips! But I have discovered that if I also replace the zip with a longer one it solves that problem.

But in the end I mostly wear dresses for work and Levi Supreme Curve jeans is my uniform over the weekends.

I have made peace with the fact that it is my body shape, and I have grown to love it. My focus is on having toned thighs, even if they are huge in proportion to the rest of me.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I have always had this issue. Waist is two sizes smaller than hips. Even as I get smaller, same proportion issue. Good thing is that designers have a new pants syle called "curvy" (or whatever cute name they have for pants that sit a little lower than waist and have curved hip area). This helps the fit without that "gap" in back.

Also, be careful with choice of exercise. I found that elliptical and treadmill on big incline make a bigger butt muscle so this increases the booty!!! I stopped the elliptical and use treadmill on no more than 2.5 incline. I am prone to muscles in thighs and butt so I am careful of too much in that area.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5.5"
    CW: 154
    Waist at it's narrowest: 30
    Abdomen at navel: 36
    Hips at their widest: 41
    Average of both thighs: 23.5

What style of pants are you trying to wear? Where do you like the waistband to sit? I currently wear U.S. size 8-10. If the size 10 won't fit my thighs, then I'm trying on the wrong style. I often find my pants will gap at the waist if they're the wrong style for my body-type. But since I have curvy hips, if I get *slightly* low-cut pants that fit my larger thighs, then they'll typically fit my abdomen and hips well.
  • Karlbarbell
    Options
    Have you seen Barbell Apparel Jeans?! They make jeans for those with muscular legs/butts and they're extremely functional so you never have to worry about ripping your jeans in the crotch ever again. www.BarbellApparel.com!!!!! :smile: